Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

We ended up winning a championship so its all moot.. but I wonder if we were seriously looking at Jimmy Butler when he was trying to get out of Minnesota. Philly ended up getting him for Covington, Saric, Bayless and a SRP.

Jimmy was making $20M then. I wonder if we could have had him for Norm ($9M), Green ($10M) and a SRP. We probably would have had to include OG though.

Kyle/Butler/Kawhi/Pascal/Gasol starting line up would have been nasty.
    I think we looked but OG would have been a sticking point and I don't think the raptors brass wanted to give away our future and lock into an old core. Also we likely would of had to give up some of the assets we gave up to get Gasol.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

No I'm not in favor of any real kings ransom trade as it would create more problems than it fixes. I'm good with tossing in a bunch of picks for the right player, and picks might be enough to get Ayton since Phoenix is being cheap and that's the only reason he may be gettable. Minnesota doesn't need picks but they're horribly run so maybe they make the trade despite that. What Minnesota really needs is to dump Russell but I couldn't come up with any beneficial way for us to help them out of that jam.
      This little setback injury of Scottie I hope does not linger. I’ve been saying how eager I am to see him and Siakam together.

Mentioning again that statement by Nick Nurse about his wish that Scottie should take more shots…..with Siakam back and the hierarchy of having three more Senior guys than him (Van Vleet/ OG and Siakam) and him being a rook, how would that translate in possessions. Right now, it seems not that complex with only OG and Van Vleet. Inserting Siakam to the mix may change the dynamics….how many average possessions in a game? I don’t know off hand.

All that being said….the trade deadline is something to watch….Especially the strong emergence of GTJ, Scottie and OG all three with the same timeline.

To get Ayton or KAT, you may have to consider a comparable return for Phoenix or Minny to listen

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

This little setback injury of Scottie I hope does not linger. I’ve been saying how eager I am to see him and Siakam together.

Mentioning again that statement by Nick Nurse about his wish that Scottie should take more shots…..with Siakam back and the hierarchy of having three more Senior guys than him (Van Vleet/ OG and Siakam) and him being a rook, how would that translate in possessions. Right now, it seems not that complex with only OG and Van Vleet. Inserting Siakam to the mix may change the dynamics….how many average possessions in a game? I don’t know off hand.

All that being said….the trade deadline is something to watch….Especially the strong emergence of GTJ, Scottie and OG all three with the same timeline.

To get Ayton or KAT, you may have to consider a comparable return for Phoenix or Minny to listen
        ..... only way you give up Siakam is for KAT sure... maybe but the back line defence would struggle. Again you are worrying waaay too much. I think Nurse is outlining that Scottie needs to keep up being aggressive. He looks to pass a lot but he needs to be aggressive to keep those passing lanes open. Siakam is a playmaker. Scottie will be ujst fine. Also I think we can trust our development and coaching staff to put everyone in positions to maximize their abilities. No reason why you can't have an even split 21% usage rate among the starters. Again we run an egalitarian offense. This isn't supposed to be the type of team where any one guy takes 35 shots every night.

Also we are first in rebounding.. do we really need a big center if this keeps up? We are literally bigger at every position. That is the counter.

Siakam's skill set and ability as a two way player is underrated. Again you have 3 guys who can defend 4-5 positions, two are great team defenders in Siakam and Scottie. OG is a great individual defender. Scottie actually makes defensive mistakes (he is a rookie). You add Siakam to that two cares. There is no reason why it wouldn't work. There are going to be times in the game where 2 of the top 4 guys will be on the bench getting rest of in foul trouble. Guess what? You will still have 2 out there. It could be Siakam and Scottie. It could be OG, Siakam. Could be Scottie and Fred.

It will help us to maintain our offense through out any droughts and will be massive come playoff time.
        Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Tue Nov 2, 2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

..... only way you give up Siakam is for KAT sure... maybe but the back line defence would struggle. Again you are worrying waaay too much. I think Nurse is outlining that Scottie needs to keep up being aggressive. He looks to pass a lot but he needs to be aggressive to keep those passing lanes open. Siakam is a playmaker. Scottie will be ujst fine. Also I think we can trust our development and coaching staff to put everyone in positions to maximize their abilities. No reason why you can't have an even split 21% usage rate among the starters. Again we run an egalitarian offense. This isn't supposed to be the type of team where any one guy takes 35 shots every night.

Also we are first in rebounding.. do we really need a big center if this keeps up? We are literally bigger at every position. That is the counter.
          Worry is that games slow down in the post season. That's when a reliable big is most useful.

Comment

Siakam's skill set and ability as a two way player is underrated. Again you have 3 guys who can defend 4-5 positions, two are great team defenders in Siakam and Scottie. OG is a great individual defender. Scottie actually makes defensive mistakes (he is a rookie). You add Siakam to that two cares. There is no reason why it wouldn't work. There are going to be times in the game where 2 of the top 4 guys will be on the bench getting rest of in foul trouble. Guess what? You will still have 2 out there. It could be Siakam and Scottie. It could be OG, Siakam. Could be Scottie and Fred.

It will help us to maintain our offense through out any droughts and will be massive come playoff time.
            Of course, Siakam might return to be the Spicy P we knew of him especially when he has a Kawhi where the pressure is off of him. Robin may show up again.

Scottie could be the one…,we will find out soon.

Comment

Given our current win streak I'm not pining for any trades that involve key pieces, seems like a bad idea honestly. I think Siakam and Yuta coming back fixes any current issues as the only issues are Precious and Boucher getting too many minutes.

As far as getting Scottie enough shots, I think we keep winding down FVV shot attempts so he only takes high percentage shots, and GTJR would have his attempts go down as well. Both of those guys should be closer to 15 FGA per game, not 20+. Give 20 shots each to Scottie and Pascal, and the rest of the team gets the remaining 23 shot attempts (we're averaging 93 FGA per game).

Comment

Given our current win streak I'm not pining for any trades that involve key pieces, seems like a bad idea honestly. I think Siakam and Yuta coming back fixes any current issues as the only issues are Precious and Boucher getting too many minutes.

As far as getting Scottie enough shots, I think we keep winding down FVV shot attempts so he only takes high percentage shots, and GTJR would have his attempts go down as well. Both of those guys should be closer to 15 FGA per game, not 20+. Give 20 shots each to Scottie and Pascal, and the rest of the team gets the remaining 23 shot attempts (we're averaging 93 FGA per game).
                Hopefully either of those two Indiana Pacers or that Houston big….can be had for cheap eventually…

I am thinking and maybe Nurse can replicate the team when Kawhi was here….Scottie being Numero uno option and the rest in their proper places

Comment

I have come to realize why BC was such a popular GM at the time. Not that he was terrible but he had moments of... restlessness. He liked to make the big splashy trade deal. (obviously Andrea is one he held on to for too long). I think there are times to evaluate and there are times to move. As you outlined I don't think we need to freak out about shot attempts. Scottie should be averaging 15-20 shots. GTJ as you outlined should have his shot attempts go down. Precious takes waaay to many shots for the amount he misses... and needs to taper that down. Boucher too. Yuta will help because Boucher's minutes will be converted to him and Nurse will give Precious a shot each game but if he plays bad you limit him to 15 minutes max.

There are times we take a bit too long to get into offensive sets so we should be able to in crease the shot attempts that way as well once the season continues to forge on. FVV feels the need to step up and be the offensive weapon and he won't and shouldn't when Pascal is back. The reason being is because if you look at it there have been games where you have to have him or OG at the floor in the third quarter by themselves. Imagine swapping that with Scottie because you now have 4 of your top 4 guys healthy enough to play. It turns into a shift in minutes really. It allows you to play OG FVV less minutes as well to preserve them.

Comment

Hopefully either of those two Indiana Pacers or that Houston big….can be had for cheap eventually…

I am thinking and maybe Nurse can replicate the team when Kawhi was here….Scottie being Numero uno option and the rest in their proper places
                    Scottie is not there offensively yet. Once he develops a 3 he will be. By the end of the year I think he will be but not yet. Again that doesn't necessarily mean you have to shuffle the deck prematurely. We are a good team and we are about to get better with Yuta and Siakam. I said our ceiling is a 4/5 seed. Depending on who we end up facing in the first round we can win that round and get to a second round.. from there its hard to predict. In time.

This is a game of chess. We need to and have been thinking 5 steps ahead.

Comment

Scottie is not there offensively yet. Once he develops a 3 he will be. By the end of the year I think he will be but not yet. Again that doesn't necessarily mean you have to shuffle the deck prematurely. We are a good team and we are about to get better with Yuta and Siakam. I said our ceiling is a 4/5 seed. Depending on who we end up facing in the first round we can win that round and get to a second round.. from there its hard to predict. In time.

This is a game of chess. We need to and have been thinking 5 steps ahead.
                      Scottie could be one of those prodigy….his advancement is rapid

Comment

• If I hear one more time 2 trade Siakam..honestly just F$%$ your self, don't take it personally..but u have no clue about basketball..Sometimes I just shake my head, yes this is Talented team..but yes..we don't have a true center.
                        Karl Anthony Towns is overrated..watch how he plays D...horrible..I rather have Mo Bamba..not as Talented as Towns, but he plays the right way, he doesn't need touches and is really good defensively, screen roll really good..plus his huge..oh by the way, his a free agent this upcoming year..Masai loves him, I trust Masai. I watched him against the raptors..he was really good, the magic guards are horrible, they don't play D.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• By years end like I said sure. I believe it. You don't have an argument here but he isn't that today. He is learning and processing but you don't just ruined someones development. I compare it to Wiseman. Not that I think wiseman has the BBIQ that Mobley or Scottie has but I think that GSW tried to give him complex and difficult tasks to start the season instead of simple things. I think the proper thing is you say hey do xyz and they are simple things. Then if they get that consistently even within practise and it translates into game for two games in a row. then you say ok lets try this now.

Comment

By years end like I said sure. I believe it. You don't have an argument here but he isn't that today. He is learning and processing but you don't just ruined someones development. I compare it to Wiseman. Not that I think wiseman has the BBIQ that Mobley or Scottie has but I think that GSW tried to give him complex and difficult tasks to start the season instead of simple things. I think the proper thing is you say hey do xyz and they are simple things. Then if they get that consistently even within practise and it translates into game for two games in a row. then you say ok lets try this now.

If they think he is special and possibly a prodigy….taking more responsibility and ownership of the team could be something that he would thrive more.

But yes we will find out soon especially when Siakam is back in full speed

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              If I hear one more time 2 trade Siakam..honestly just F$%$ your self, don't take it personally..but u have no clue about basketball..Sometimes I just shake my head, yes this is Talented team..but yes..we don't have a true center.
                              Karl Anthony Towns is overrated..watch how he plays D...horrible..I rather have Mo Bamba..not as Talented as Towns, but he plays the right way, he doesn't need touches and is really good defensively, screen roll really good..plus his huge..oh by the way, his a free agent this upcoming year..Masai loves him, I trust Masai. I watched him against the raptors..he was really good, the magic guards are horrible, they don't play D.
                              missed the boat on a mo bamba trade but he would probably fit well on this team.

Towns needs a very specific team around him to have it work especially with his defensive deficiencies. I think that team is hard to build. You also risk having a heliocentric offence surrounding a position that should be at the very least Steady defensively.

I agree with you 10000% Trading Siakam is silly. We need to stop talking about it. You wanna move scottie up the shot pecking order. sure fine be my guess but this team will be at its best with siakam, og and barnes, all on the floor. We haven't seen the team at its best yet and the team is still doing around what I expected. Maybe a bit better. I honestly expected the last 3/4 (3 games in 4 nights) to have been split more. I thought we were going to split the indiana season series thus far. I didn't think we would win in NY because of being tired. I said before if we can play NEAR or at a 500 level before siakam gets back we are in VERY good shape to maintain a 41-45 win pace. That is where I have them pegged. I don't see us winning less than 41. I would have bet on it but I dont even know where to do that.

Comment

again, In a heartbeat…if he is available you make that move
                                I think we can agree to disagree. While the numbers for beal are slightly better, they are negated by his defense.
                                He's just so......"Demar like" but can shoot the 3 a bit better? I wouldn't even trade him straight up, good thing I'm not a GM.
                                I'd give up scottie though no problem.

Just kidding.

Comment

Working...
                                X