Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coastal wrote: View Post

I’d bet money Siakam comes back first.

Barnes probably sprained his thumb ulnar collateral ligament - aka “skiers thumb” “gamekeepers thumb”. By far the most common thumb injury. If you are in the playoffs you might rush someone back with some tape. After Barnes’ epic first week (so stoked about the future), you keep him in a splint for the full 4-6 weeks it takes to heal. Don’t know why you wouldn’t do 6 - he is so good, think to the future, don’t mess around. Maybe they play him after a few weeks with a splint, but he won’t be able to shoot with a thumb splint on.
    If that’s the case take the 6 weeks. We seen what we needed to see.

I never understood why there is not something out their to project your hands while still being able to shoot. JV had hands issues when he was here so did barg. Our doctors need to be better at finding solutions to hand problems before and after they happen.

I seen a few games back Barnes try to shake off his hand and no tape or nothing
    Last edited by grindhouse; Wed Nov 3, 2021, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• the encouraging this is that he was warming up the other day. They would let him catch passes and keep shooting if it was that bad. Maybe that was before the MRI.

Comment

• coastal wrote: View Post

I’d bet money Siakam comes back first.

Barnes probably sprained his thumb ulnar collateral ligament - aka “skiers thumb” “gamekeepers thumb”. By far the most common thumb injury. If you are in the playoffs you might rush someone back with some tape. After Barnes’ epic first week (so stoked about the future), you keep him in a splint for the full 4-6 weeks it takes to heal. Don’t know why you wouldn’t do 6 - he is so good, think to the future, don’t mess around. Maybe they play him after a few weeks with a splint, but he won’t be able to shoot with a thumb splint on.

yup it can be up to six weeks. He will be able to watch a lot of film though. Keep up his cardio

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

I never understood why there is not something out their to project your hands while still being able to shoot. JV had hands issues when he was here so did barg. Our doctors need to be better at finding solutions to hand problems before and after they happen.

JV got his hand cracked by draymond

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

Players are griping about the change of the basketball from Spalding to Wilson affecting their shooting. I don't think they want anything on their hands to mess up their feel and touch, unless it's absolutely necessary.

Comment

• If the person has a connective tissue disorder or something like that .. that's ones thing. someone getting cracked in the hands is a completely different situation.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

Nailed it?
                I still don't think I was wrong there. Partially.

He's SIGNIFICANTLY further along than I would have guessed at this point though. And he's been significantly better than he looked in NCAA.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Some more Scottie Barnes candy ... interview done just after the draft I believe ...

I saw this interview shortly after the draft. And there are some unique insights here that didn't strike me as forcefully at the time. After watching Scottie in action, it is well worth watching again for Thorpe's great take on Scottie's game. Hearing again about how his college coaching staff talked about how excited they were that he was coming to their school, and describing him as a cross between Pippin and Magic rung a bell. And hearing Thorpe talk about Scottie having some Kawhi in him is music to my ears.

The other thing that struck me that didn't at the time was how, for the season Scottie played in college, the guys went to formal practices and games, and then were chased out of the gym so the cleaners could come in, so the players didn't have opportunity to get shots up during their off times. Thorpe predicted that in the loosened restrictions during the spring/summer of 2021 Scottie would be living in the gym and as much as promised that Scottie would surprise people with his improved shot.

Comment

• They actually got ir right this time. Barnes and Mobley are in a class of their own right now. I still don't understand the fascination around Duarte. Giddey to me should be #3 followed by Suggs and Wagner.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I saw this interview shortly after the draft. And there are some unique insights here that didn't strike me as forcefully at the time. After watching Scottie in action, it is well worth watching again for Thorpe's great take on Scottie's game. Hearing again about how his college coaching staff talked about how excited they were that he was coming to their school, and describing him as a cross between Pippin and Magic rung a bell. And hearing Thorpe talk about Scottie having some Kawhi in him is music to my ears.

The other thing that struck me that didn't at the time was how, for the season Scottie played in college, the guys went to formal practices and games, and then were chased out of the gym so the cleaners could come in, so the players didn't have opportunity to get shots up during their off times. Thorpe predicted that in the loosened restrictions during the spring/summer of 2021 Scottie would be living in the gym and as much as promised that Scottie would surprise people with his improved shot.
                      I watched that shortly after the draft and that struck a cord right off the bet. What good is a gym rat if he can't be in the gym.

The kid is special, and I, not watching enough of his college games, was bummed that he was drafted over Suggs. For about 15 minutes until I thought about how good our front office is. Not only scouting; but also keeping a tight lip on things. If they something they were not letting anybody else know what they saw.

Then summer league came, then preseason, and now early season, I'm so glad I'm not in the front office, but much smarter minds are. I will always be a raptors fan, but man I'm glad I'm going to watch this kid grow.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        They actually got ir right this time. Barnes and Mobley are in a class of their own right now. I still don't understand the fascination around Duarte. Giddey to me should be #3 followed by Suggs and Wagner.

Duarte is NBA ready he is a senior so he comes in looking more polished but with less up side.

Comment

• Here's Scottie!!!
                          I'm back b$$#^...
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Fuck'n EH!

Comment

• OPEN THE BARNE DOORS BISHES

LETS GOOOOOoOOOOOO

Comment

• 9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X