Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/1...rs-improvement

The Scottie Barnes Revolution Is Under Way in Toronto

After their worst season in a decade that snapped a seven-year playoff streak, the Raptors could be right back in the mix with the emergence of the no. 4 overall draft pick

Comment

• Mobley out 2 to 4 weeks...Scottie can take the ROY race lead and never look back with a good stretch
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Mobley out 2 to 4 weeks...Scottie can take the ROY race lead and never look back with a good stretch
        so sad because of my fantasy squad

Comment

• #1! #2 is not a winner and 3 nobody remembers

https://www.nba.com/news/kia-rookie-...7-2021-edition
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

#1! #2 is not a winner and 3 nobody remembers

saw the tweet below linked in the rookie rankings you posted, so unfortunately scottie is now out of the running.

Comment

#1! #2 is not a winner and 3 nobody remembers

I love how all these rookie ranking experts are now trying to justify why Suggs is doing so poorly, ie, “playing behind Cole Anthony”, meanwhile Suggs leads the Magic in usage at a whopping 26%.

He’s only “playing behind” Cole Anthony in the sense that Anthony is making his shots while Suggs is missing. Suggs has a golden opportunity as a starting SG with an unlimited green light for development reps. Just not taking advantage yet.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I love how all these rookie ranking experts are now trying to justify why Suggs is doing so poorly, ie, “playing behind Cole Anthony”, meanwhile Suggs leads the Magic in usage at a whopping 26%.

He’s only “playing behind” Cole Anthony in the sense that Anthony is making his shots while Suggs is missing. Suggs has a golden opportunity as a starting SG with an unlimited green light for development reps. Just not taking advantage yet.
                his usage is now below anthony's (25.7% to 26.0%), which honestly is how it should be given his inefficiency compared to anthony's efficiency. really they're both using a ton of possessions compared to the other players they're sharing the court with.

but anthony's assist percentage is much higher (29% to 20%), which means that anthony still has the ball in his hands a lot more than suggs, which confirms my impressions the few times i've watched them. i hadn't looked at the numbers when i said that pairing is not great for suggs' development the other week, but i'm still not convinced it's a good thing for him. would like to see him as more of the primary playmaker and taking less shots, at least until his shooting improves.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

his usage is now below anthony's (25.7% to 26.0%), which honestly is how it should be given his inefficiency compared to anthony's efficiency. really they're both using a ton of possessions compared to the other players they're sharing the court with.

but anthony's assist percentage is much higher (29% to 20%), which means that anthony still has the ball in his hands a lot more than suggs, which confirms my impressions the few times i've watched them. i hadn't looked at the numbers when i said that pairing is not great for suggs' development the other week, but i'm still not convinced it's a good thing for him. would like to see him as more of the primary playmaker and taking less shots, at least until his shooting improves.
                  Why should Suggs be a primary playmaker when he can't create much advantage off the dribble yet, either for himself or to get his teammates easier shots? That doesn't make any sense for Orlando, even for development reps. He just needs to work on both his shooting and his handle, probably best done in the off-season. He wasn't a great creator in the half-court in college either. That's why his assist% is low. He's great in transition, good around the rim and his defense is stellar.

Comment

Why should Suggs be a primary playmaker when he can't create much advantage off the dribble yet, either for himself or to get his teammates easier shots? That doesn't make any sense for Orlando, even for development reps. He just needs to work on both his shooting and his handle, probably best done in the off-season. He wasn't a great creator in the half-court in college either. That's why his assist% is low. He's great in transition, good around the rim and his defense is stellar.
                    yeah i dunno man, i just don't agree that him having the ball more doesn't make sense for development reps. he was more dynamic in college in transition but was pretty good in the halfcourt too, not sure why you think otherwise. right now his usage is up and assist percentage is down from college. playing next to a ball-dominant guard is not great for any point or combo guards development in my opinion, and he's their best prospect.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

yeah i dunno man, i just don't agree that him having the ball more doesn't make sense for development reps. he was more dynamic in college in transition but was pretty good in the halfcourt too, not sure why you think otherwise. right now his usage is up and assist percentage is down from college. playing next to a ball-dominant guard is not great for any point or combo guards development in my opinion, and he's their best prospect.
                      I've watched a bunch of Magic games too. In the half-court, Suggs gets lots of opportunities as the first creator, but he can't gain any advantage over his perimeter defender, so he ends up passing it off and eventually the ball gets to Cole Anthony to make things happen. His off-the-dribble game is still pretty embryonic by NBA point guard standards. It's not a case of Suggs only getting catch & shoot opportunities.

Comment

I've watched a bunch of Magic games too. In the half-court, Suggs gets lots of opportunities as the first creator, but he can't gain any advantage over his perimeter defender, so he ends up passing it off and eventually the ball gets to Cole Anthony to make things happen. His off-the-dribble game is still pretty embryonic by NBA point guard standards. It's not a case of Suggs only getting catch & shoot opportunities.
                        this is why just looking at shot attempts as the only stat to track can be very misleading

Comment

• https://www.reddit.com/r/torontorapt...eb2x&context=3
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• He does need to be more aggressive and he did listen. Took a good shot but missed.

Comment

• Scottie 'to the rim' Barnes

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                                Scottie 'to the rim' Barnes
                                As opposed to Fred "blocked at the rim" Van Vleet

Comment

Working...
                                X