No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious where you see anyone shitting on Scottie. Haven't seen anything negative.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      Curious where you see anyone shitting on Scottie. Haven't seen anything negative.
      I saw it as merely observations, but when people come into discussions with prejudice and bias, they will only see things in a certain light. Ie, 'player a' can do no wrong, 'player b' can do no right
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I saw it as merely observations, but when people come into discussions with prejudice and bias, they will only see things in a certain light. Ie, 'player a' can do no wrong, 'player b' can do no right
        I think for myself Scottie Barnes is a really solid rookie but as usual when expectations shift so high anything negative or any observations that aren't about him being perfect are met with people freaking out.

Look the kid is the future of the franchise more than likely. I just don't think he is there right now. Possibly by year 2 at the end but right at this exact moment likely not. He needs to work on his handle. He is athletic defensively and can recover but sometimes gets caught roaming or not looking and gets back cut or blown by. Will this improve? Yes no question. He is already improving on it within games.

People blame his scoring being down on Siakam. This is what we expcted originally. The injury has hurt him but I think realistically he isn't at a place right now where he should be or can carry an offense himself especially when it comes to half-court possessions. This is all ok he is 20 games into a long raptors career or less. He will be absolutely stellar but he is growing.

That doesn't mean everything is all on him.. quite the opposite. He does need the ball in his hands more but him taking 20 shots a game doesn't solve any problems. That said he does need to be more assertive.

We do need more ball movement.

Comment

Forum fan board commandment # 5: Thou shalt not criticize the team, management, players, coach, trainers, mascot, etc.... lest you be judged a hater.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

Barnes let a few blow by now he is the worst defender ever lol it happens so what. Fred gives up just as much points as he puts up but no one says a word.
            Do we read the same forums? Fred is easily the most shit on player on our roster. Every thread has people shitting on him. There are definitely more posts bitching about Fred than praising him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Do we read the same forums? Fred is easily the most shit on player on our roster. Every thread has people shitting on him. There are definitely more posts bitching about Fred than praising him.
              Heck, to say that Fred gives up as many points as he puts up is just about as "shitting on a player in a way totally detached from reality" as a post can get.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Needs updating. Chris boucher has moved way up the slander charts. OG has also moved from blue to probably yellow. I'd say our biggest golden boy now is probably the dread head from rexdale.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Needs updating. Chris boucher has moved way up the slander charts. OG has also moved from blue to probably yellow. I'd say our biggest golden boy now is probably the dread head from rexdale.
                    It should be obvious that there's a direct correlation between slander and salary + shots taken; which makes Baynes attaining extreme slander levels last season truly impressive.

Comment

It should be obvious that there's a direct correlation between slander and salary + shots taken; which makes Baynes attaining extreme slander levels last season truly impressive.
                      The dropoff from Gasol/Serge to Baynes/gillespie/len was so steep it vaulted Baynes to the top.

Comment

Mainly coz people are expecting so much of him, like take over Lowry's place which is not fair.
                        My only criticism of Fred is how he neglects Scottie on some plays, which can have negative effect on the kid.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Mainly coz people are expecting so much of him, like take over Lowry's place which is not fair.
                          My only criticism of Fred is how he neglects Scottie on some plays, which can have negative effect on the kid.
                          exactly he isn't even a similar player as lowry so we need to stop trying to hype up the comparisons. He is so good off ball. He definitely ball hogs and pounds the air out of the ball and looks off scottie too much. beyond that he is fine. really good actually.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

The dropoff from Gasol/Serge to Baynes/gillespie/len was so steep it vaulted Baynes to the top.
                            Even now his name makes me physically cringe in horror.

Comment

Lol love this chart

I think the Barnes slander was to say he is hitting a wall. Maybe even to say he shouldn’t play point but he has way more good plays guarding guards then he does bad. I personally think he needs the ball in his hands.

Comment

• It's no coincidence that guys like Cade, Green and Suggs that were drafted by bad teams are struggling in their first season. They've been given too much responsibility and asked to save their franchise. Scottie doesn't have to deal with any of that pressure. It's the perfect situation for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X