Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    It's no coincidence that guys like Cade, Green and Suggs that were drafted by bad teams are struggling in their first season. They've been given too much responsibility and asked to save their franchise. Scottie doesn't have to deal with any of that pressure. It's the perfect situation for him.
    I wish scottie would get the ball when hes open tho
    right now he is being missed way too frequently
    perhaps little more responsibility would be nice

Comment

• Kawhisexual wrote: View Post

That happens when you're the rookie playing with a bunch of guys that can all average 20pts a night. It's part of the reason why there is zero pressure on him unlike with Green, Suggs and Cade. Only so many shots to go around and Scottie is in the clean up spot until his offense is more developed.

Comment

I'm not sure what instances people are referring to, but I've seen many occasions where Scottie is calling for the ball but he's not as wide open as people think. At least not when Fred has the ball. The camera angle from above always makes it look like players are open, but the reality is that NBA defenders are so quick, long and athletic that they can disrupt passing lanes much easier than we think watching from the TV cheap seats. Then you factor in Fred's size and wingspan, so he can't pass it over the top either. And there's also the fact that Fred is wired to avoid turnovers, so I can understand why he wouldn't be passing to Scottie at certain instances I've seen.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I'm not sure what instances people are referring to, but I've seen many occasions where Scottie is calling for the ball but he's not as wide open as people think. At least not when Fred has the ball. The camera angle from above always makes it look like players are open, but the reality is that NBA defenders are so quick, long and athletic that they can disrupt passing lanes much easier than we think watching from the TV cheap seats. Then you factor in Fred's size and wingspan, so he can't pass it over the top either. And there's also the fact that Fred is wired to avoid turnovers, so I can understand why he wouldn't be passing to Scottie at certain instances I've seen.
          that's a fair evaluation

but there have been a plenty of times where Scottie would literally be wide open but players like Fred, OG, Trent would take contested 3 pointers :s

have you seen how bad FG% was for most of our starting line up during past few weeks

Comment

that's a fair evaluation

but there have been a plenty of times where Scottie would literally be wide open but players like Fred, OG, Trent would take contested 3 pointers :s

have you seen how bad FG% was for most of our starting line up during past few weeks
            Scottie should learn a thing or two from Boucher on how to be heartless from the three point area. Lol
            Just chuck it kid!

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Scottie should learn a thing or two from Boucher on how to be heartless from the three point area. Lol
              Just chuck it kid!
              Nurse's comments on that just have to read as making sure Barnes knows he has the green light (and the confidence of his coach) cause read a different way (i.e. the coaching staff wants guys to fire a set number of threes each game) is fucking insane.

EDIT: Though, the latter would explain a lot of the offense and the shots guys take.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Nurse's comments on that just have to read as making sure Barnes knows he has the green light (and the confidence of his coach) cause read a different way (i.e. the coaching staff wants guys to fire a set number of threes each game) is fucking insane.

EDIT: Though, the latter would explain a lot of the offense and the shots guys take.
                There was definitely a clear directive this camp to have OG putting up shots every game in iso
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It's not in Scottie's DNA.
                  Kid has been wired as a playmaker, like LeBron and Magic.
                  There's a reason he loves Magic.
                  Let's just hope he develops a reliable jumpshot and be decent from three.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I seen live Fred court vision is atrocious and that’s being kind. I said it in another thread I would hate to play with him as a big. I wish Marc gasol was here he would force Fred to play the right way.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

I seen live Fred court vision is atrocious and that’s being kind. I said it in another thread I would hate to play with him as a big. I wish Marc gasol was here he would force Fred to play the right way.
                      Freddy isn't a PG.
                      I'd love to see Barnsie taking over the PG position with FVV (and Trent) as the SG.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

There was definitely a clear directive this camp to have OG putting up shots every game in iso
                        That’s anathema to what made this team elite for years but you aren’t wrong.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Freddy isn't a PG.
                          I'd love to see Barnsie taking over the PG position with FVV (and Trent) as the SG.
                          I think they need a more GSW style offence. Scottie would effectively play the draymond role on offence. On D, I'm a firm believer of scottie guarding the ball handler. Fred and Gary getting more set shots would be great for them I think. Og and Pascal setting off ball screens, spacing the floor and cutting with Barnes distributing seems like easy offence to me.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

I think they need a more GSW style offence. Scottie would effectively play the draymond role on offence. On D, I'm a firm believer of scottie guarding the ball handler. Fred and Gary getting more set shots would be great for them I think. Og and Pascal setting off ball screens, spacing the floor and cutting with Barnes distributing seems like easy offence to me.
                            he gets blown by at times

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Draymond works as a facilitator because of how elite Curry is moving off ball.

Scottie gets beat by the smaller, quicker guards on defense. He'd be best defending the PF/SF spots and basically playing team defense like Draymond does.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

he gets blown by at times
                                Yeah but who doesnt. I havent watched much of the road trip so I cant speak to recent games, but his energy level defensively has tapered off from what I've seen since the first 5-10 games. He might be just getting used to the grind and the system and the whistle, but he can be a great perimeter defender. Plus, it would negate most mis matches from switching the PnR, as he is big enough to guard just about anyone. I love Scottie guarding the perimeter, I think there is a load of potential with him swallowing up ball handlers.

Comment

Working...
                                X