Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

20 games in, I'm still impressed by how much he improved. I was expecting for him to be where he is now in 2 years.
    He's 1 year ahead of 1 year ahead.

Comment

• They had Scottie at #1 in the rookie rankings since the first week of Nov and somehow he didn't win the rookie of the month award? the fuck?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        They had Scottie at #1 in the rookie rankings since the first week of Nov and somehow he didn't win the rookie of the month award? the fuck?

I Aint mad at it. Mobley is more featured on a winning team.. Scottie is playing 4th fiddle and isnt getting the balls in his hand on a losing team.
        If scottie was getting the touches Mobley was he would be blowing him away
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Wow, another 3 three-point shot made?
          42% on the last 5 games.
          Last edited by Kagemusha; Fri Dec 3, 2021, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
            Wow, another 3 three-point shot made?
            42% on the last 5 games.
            He's shooting .481 from 3 over the last 6 games on 27 attempts.

Hasn't taken less than 6 attempts the last 3 games.

I think Scottie just sneakily became a high volume sharpshooter.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

So we maybe jumped the gun on the Magic Johnson comparisons.

More like a combination of magic and steph hybrid
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

yeah in just a couple of games he destroyed the Ben Simmons comparison. His shooting has developed so much it's so unbelievable. How many times we heard about players getting drafted oh if he learns to shoot he's a top player? But this time it's actually happening.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• It's a small sample size, but very encouraging. I would love to see him get a few more calls an get to the line more than 3 times per game to see how his improved shooting is impacting his free throw percentages.

I read somewhere where Nick Nurse thought Scottie might still be growing....that would be nice!
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• That set shot 3-ball is coming along nicely.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

yeah in just a couple of games he destroyed the Ben Simmons comparison. His shooting has developed so much it's so unbelievable. How many times we heard about players getting drafted oh if he learns to shoot he's a top player? But this time it's actually happening.
                      If we get his shot attempts up he could legitimately be an all star this season. He's also shooting 73% from FT so I don't see any weaknesses.

Comment

• Siakam hauling a couple more assists because he was more than willing to pass to Scottie.

Memphis: The chase down three by Scottie was a beauty following a downhill drive coast to coast by Siakam and a stop then a pivot to the chaser Scottie for the three.

Bucks: Pass from VanVleet to Siakam then a bullet pass to a three pointer Scottie was another dandy.

this Siakam and Scottie chemistry is beginning to develop

move aside Giannis and Middleton…

Comment

• Important to note, he's played a total of 20 NBA games (he missed a couple with the thumb injury right?). I don't think anyone can say they've been bringing him along slowly, they've been giving him a LOT of reps as well as responsibility.

Comment

• I still have to see that PnR/ PnP between Van Vleet and Scottie more often

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              I still have to see that PnR/ PnP between Van Vleet and Scottie more often
                              who is the screener?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Important to note, he's played a total of 20 NBA games (he missed a couple with the thumb injury right?). I don't think anyone can say they've been bringing him along slowly, they've been giving him a LOT of reps as well as responsibility.
                                yeah that notion is silly. I am tired of hearing it. They are giving the man every thing he can handle and then some.

Comment

Working...
                                X