No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man did the Raps pick a great year to suck. Barnes, Mobley, Cade, Duarte, Giddey...so many NBA ready players in this class.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Man did the Raps pick a great year to suck. Barnes, Mobley, Cade, Duarte, Giddey...so many NBA ready players in this class.
      yup. I also am getting the sense that this year is kind of going to become overrated. Last year was perfect. We could have at worst ended up with kuminga or giddey.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        The ROY award has ALWAYS been about raw numbers. It's never about who's winning more or who's the better defensive player(lol). That's why I don't understand this narrative that the national media is pushing. Scottie Barnes has better offensive numbers than Mobley. It's that simple. He's also no slouch defensively.
        Not to mention Mobley plays beside a great defensive anchor (Allen) and 2 excellent pick & roll PGs (Garland and Rubio). He’s in a perfect situation to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          The ROY award has ALWAYS been about raw numbers. It's never about who's winning more or who's the better defensive player(lol). That's why I don't understand this narrative that the national media is pushing. Scottie Barnes has better offensive numbers than Mobley. It's that simple. He's also no slouch defensively.
          William Lou talked about how media never cared about how many shots a player contests per game. All of the sudden it's important stat to paint Mobley as ROY.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

William Lou talked about how media never cared about how many shots a player contests per game. All of the sudden it's important stat to paint Mobley as ROY.
            Toronto being relevant again isn't great for NBA ratings.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Toronto being relevant again isn't great for NBA ratings.
              And Cleveland is? I don’t buy that at all. Mobley is playing well. It’s a two horse race.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

And Cleveland is? I don’t buy that at all. Mobley is playing well. It’s a two horse race.
                Aren't you the one trumpeting Nielsen ratings over everything? lol. If you're a US network having to choose between Cleveland and Toronto, it's a no-brainer. Canada = 0. Of course, Mobley is pretty awesome, but like others have said... when was the last time a rookie was heralded mainly because of his defense?

Comment

Aren't you the one trumpeting Nielsen ratings over everything? lol. If you're a US network having to choose between Cleveland and Toronto, it's a no-brainer. Canada = 0. Of course, Mobley is pretty awesome, but like others have said... when was the last time a rookie was heralded mainly because of his defense?
                  Thybulle

Comment

Advertisers care about demo ratings, not me. But Cleveland having the rookie of the year isn’t moving demo ratings so much that the league and the NBA media/PR is going to the mattresses. That’s crazy.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Advertisers care about demo ratings, not me. But Cleveland having the rookie of the year isn’t moving demo ratings so much that the league and the NBA media/PR is going to the mattresses. That’s crazy.
                      It’s not about Cleveland. It’s about ‘anywhere except Toronto’. Toronto being relevant scares the league to death.

Comment

It’s not about Cleveland. It’s about ‘anywhere except Toronto’. Toronto being relevant scares the league to death.
                        With a heavy heart (and some despondency) Adam Silver awards the LoB trophy to the Raptors....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zggdfdraa1o

Comment

Isn't growth good for the league?

It's more like Toronto being relevant scares ESPN to death.

Comment

My tin foil hat things that it has to do with media rights in our market and how ESPN doesn't get a good deal.

Comment

ESPN, TNT & Nike, etc… are the hands that feed the NBA.

Comment

• The ratings or the 2019 finals looked bad at first, but then we see they were more than DOUBLE the 2020 finals and lebron, and 2021 finals as well. Obviously covid, no fans, etc...but they were still double. So, the whole "ratings hate Canada" thing was basically shown to be false.

I think more than likely the league will never reach its 2016-18 peak again, as there is so many more legal and illegal avenues to connect with the game broadcast now.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X