Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Sounds like I might as well finish my Christmas shopping tomorrow now. I'm entering protocol.
    Who are we replacing you with on the forum?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

We might. Annual booster.
      No, I think he's referring to lockdowns and isolations
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        Are we going to do this everytime there's a new variant? because Omicron isn't going to be the last Covid variant.
        Silver lining could be we're ripping the band-aid off and having everyone get covid now so it won't be a problem later in the season.

That of course assumes they all actually have covid and not just contact or whatever.

Comment

• I'm really confused by the protocols. Who knows how many Raps players are positive? DeRozan and a bunch of Bulls players just returned from the protocols the other day. If they come in contact with a Raptors player who would eventually test positive, are they(DeRozan and co.) be placed in the protocols again? is that how this thing works?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

We might. Annual booster.
            Yup, that's how stupid it has become.
            Since when did we get this agitated over flu?

Comment

I'm really confused by the protocols. Who knows how many Raps players are positive? DeRozan and a bunch of Bulls players just returned from the protocols the other day. If they come in contact with a Raptors player who would eventually test positive, are they(DeRozan and co.) be placed in the protocols again? is that how this thing works?
              That's what happened to Precious. He was just out of protocol now he's back.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Silver lining could be we're ripping the band-aid off and having everyone get covid now so it won't be a problem later in the season.

That of course assumes they all actually have covid and not just contact or whatever.
                How do you know that though? Siakam, FVV and a bunch of Raptors last year tested positive and missed a bunch of games. Sounds like they got the virus again this year. This could be a problem every year.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Sounds like I might as well finish my Christmas shopping tomorrow now. I'm entering protocol.
                  amazon

Comment

I'm really confused by the protocols. Who knows how many Raps players are positive? DeRozan and a bunch of Bulls players just returned from the protocols the other day. If they come in contact with a Raptors player who would eventually test positive, are they(DeRozan and co.) be placed in the protocols again? is that how this thing works?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

If you played with the flu in the playoffs and had a good game they'd make a documentary about your heroics.

Comment

If you played with the flu in the playoffs and had a good game they'd make a documentary about your heroics.
                        I'm talking about the panic and hysteria.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

People die over the flu as well but the flu isn't this contagious. Also Covid has some interesting and devastating long term effects.

But look at 1918. 50 million people died over the flu. The swine flu was literally not that long ago. Same with SARS-CoV-1. MERS too.

I understand the frustration. I do think that the simplest answer out of this is to just get more people vaccinated. Even before worrying about booster shots get more people vaccinated period end of story.

Comment

It's a much better story then being sick from a hangover after a night of gambling.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

People die over the flu as well but the flu isn't this contagious. Also Covid has some interesting and devastating long term effects.

But look at 1918. 50 million people died over the flu. The swine flu was literally not that long ago. Same with SARS-CoV-1. MERS too.

I understand the frustration. I do think that the simplest answer out of this is to just get more people vaccinated. Even before worrying about booster shots get more people vaccinated period end of story.
                              Specifically more people in poor countries. That's where the variants are coming from. You stop the mutations, you stop the virus.

Comment

How do you know that though? Siakam, FVV and a bunch of Raptors last year tested positive and missed a bunch of games. Sounds like they got the virus again this year. This could be a problem every year.
                                New research is showing being vaccinated and then getting covid gives you super immunity about 1000% more effective than the vaccine itself, including against new variants.

NBA could still muck this up by testing asymptomatic players but I don't think you should show any symptoms if you're vaccinated and then get covid and recover.

Comment

Working...
                                X