No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The team having a 5-2 stretch is what jumped out at me.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Which is basically Lebron.. and I think he's the closest comparison. Pass first, but strong as an ox and can barrel himself to the paint/rim whenever he wants.

Kawhi is Dexter with a basketball. Emotionless warrior. Scottie is too happy to be Kawhi-like.
      I think I was comparing him to Kawhi at the start, but I see the Lebron comparison now for sure. Not so much the overwhelming freight train type of drives to the basket, but his vision, unselfishness with the basketball and how he can operate from the paint. Lebron's game was established coming out of high school, Scottie's game is evolving at a crazy tempo this season. It's going to be a while before he is a finished product.

Comment

• There seems to be always a post about Scottie ... and rightly so ... but what if the Raptors had the #1 pick and Masai still picked Scottie convinced he was the best .... a) would he have done so b) imagine the blowback not just here in TO & RR but across the NBA

Comment

• Anarchy

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Decided to look back at the first couple of pages of this thread lol. Damn! Y'all need to relax man lmao.

I'm a day 1 Scottie Barnes guy, I compared him to Scottie Pippen when he first got drafted. 5 months later and Pip is still the guy that he reminds me of. I don't see the Kawhi Leonard comp. I mean, he shoots the ball a lot like Kawhi but that's about it.
            Yeah a lot of us were very wrong including myself. Couldn't be happier to be so damn wrong.

Now I've said this about 10 times in the forum. Stop bringing up our horrible Scottie predictions. The mea culpa is too much to bare, and it was obvious we were wrong as hell in summer league. Beating a dead horse at this point to pat yourself on the back "Hey guys remember when I liked the Scottie pick and you didn't?".

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

He's a lot more than pippin, pippin never had the court vision that scottie has nor was he as good as a rookie. He has the calmness/patience of kawai and he uses his size and strength like kawai does. Plus his defense is pretty darn good already.
              Well, that's a pretty big thing to say. Pippen's one of the 50 greatest players of all time. He's in the greatest perimeter defender of all time convo. As for court vision, Pippen played 17 years in the NBA. 12 of those seasons he averaged 5+ assists. That's pretty impressive considering the era that he played in.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Btw, last year was Kawhi Leonard's 10th year in the NBA. Guess how many 5+ assists seasons he's had in his career? one(last year).
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Lol. That was in response to people upset about the pick right after the draft, like Mixx and PM. And the now legendary RR draft party among many other doubters. That was the best way to describe the mood that day…. sad. I wasn’t 100% convinced about Scottie, tbh, but I was putting my faith in Masai over any of the BS mock consensus boards. I was telling everybody that Masai & Bobby don’t give AF about the mocks, which are always wrong… year after year.
                  If there is a way to bet with Masai & Bobby, you can win lots of money.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I think I was comparing him to Kawhi at the start, but I see the Lebron comparison now for sure. Not so much the overwhelming freight train type of drives to the basket, but his vision, unselfishness with the basketball and how he can operate from the paint. Lebron's game was established coming out of high school, Scottie's game is evolving at a crazy tempo this season. It's going to be a while before he is a finished product.
                    One area Scottie is better is mental toughness(is there a better word?), he is not afraid to make mistakes, performs well at road as a rookie.

Comment

Well, that's a pretty big thing to say. Pippen's one of the 50 greatest players of all time. He's in the greatest perimeter defender of all time convo. As for court vision, Pippen played 17 years in the NBA. 12 of those seasons he averaged 5+ assists. That's pretty impressive considering the era that he played in.
                      Yes but if I'm right, magic had almost 11 assists per game and I see that kind of vision......
                      it's not to say pippin is bad though, like you say, he was great too.

Comment

• not that I would wish it on him but assuming he's feeling ok, not the worst thing for the minutes leader among rookies to get a bit of a break at this point of the season. Can't wait to see him back tho

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          not that I would wish it on him but assuming he's feeling ok, not the worst thing for the minutes leader among rookies to get a bit of a break at this point of the season. Can't wait to see him back tho
                          He's probably busting his ass in the gym and gain another 5lbs of muscle the next time he suits up. Lol

Comment

One more follow up, today watching Siakam, now that was a very pippen like game.

Comment

• Scottie Barnes most unique promising player
                              software developer WorkTime

Comment

• yeah Scottie is not gonna win ROTY. which is fine. It doesn't matter
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X