No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagner has been really good. Orlando is putting some nice pieces together. If they can get all their guys together they could be fun to watch in a couple years.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

yeah Scottie is not gonna win ROTY. which is fine. It doesn't matter
      ROTY award generally doesn't favor players on good teams which Raps will be once they get healthy and figure out Nurse's system. Mobley has been really good and should have the edge right now. Lots of season to go and lots of possible winners this year. Great draft class.

Comment

Between Mobley, Barnes, and wagner, I can't remember so many polished games entering the league together at once. They're all very good on both sides of the ball with well rounded offensive games. The east especially got a huge talent infusion this year when you add in Cunningham I would say the 4 best rookies are out east. Kinda of reminiscent of 03 draft where almost immediately bosh, James and wade became the best players on their teams
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I mean its not over. I doubt Giddey wins it. Wagner could if he continues to play well. Chances are Mobley wins it and Scottie finishes 2nd behind him, or could potentially win depending how he plays.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I mean its not over. I doubt Giddey wins it. Wagner could if he continues to play well. Chances are Mobley wins it and Scottie finishes 2nd behind him, or could potentially win depending how he plays.
            It's not over but he needs to win Rookie of the Month a couple of times to have a chance. That's how it worked in the past. Ja Morant won 3 and LaMelo won 3.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

It's not over but he needs to win Rookie of the Month a couple of times to have a chance. That's how it worked in the past. Ja Morant won 3 and LaMelo won 3.
              Well its been 2 months so far. Mobley and Wagner have 1, Giddey has 2. Giddey will probably win majority of the rookie of the months out West, although Green has started to play well. Tough competition in the East between Scottie, Mobley, Wagner and I'll throw in Cade too.

That being said, I doubt Giddey wins ROTY.

Comment

• I wonder if Giddeys success increases the likelihood of SGA leaving so he can be their starting PG next year. I mean personally I'd look at SGA - Giddey as my backcourt of the future but we know OKC has tight ownership and a different way of operating
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yep, no chance. Scottie is now the defacto 5th option and his natural tendency was to defer anyway. #PeckingOrder

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep, no chance. Scottie is now the defacto 5th option and his natural tendency was to defer anyway. #PeckingOrder
                    would you rather have a guy who is the ROY or a guy who is going to be a future MVP? Nothing wrong with having a good developmental situation where you can let him run in lower pressure situations. I honestly could care less about him winning the ROY.

Comment

• Scottie just got a near triple double and you guys are counting him out? Walk it back boys.

Scottie was out last month with Covid protocols of course he didn't win ROTM. Whole Lotta season left and for Scottie the best has yet to come.
                      ??

Comment

• I thought Scottie was used well in the Spurs game. Initiated the offense, was used similar to Gasol, give him the ball at the top of the key and he can see over the defense and throw a pass. Very good all around game.

Comment

• Also I'd say the Rookie Ladder on nba.com is far more predictive of who will win ROY and Scottie has been 1 or 2 all season. Currently he's at 2. Giddey is at 5, he's not even seriously in the running for ROY.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            I thought Scottie was used well in the Spurs game. Initiated the offense, was used similar to Gasol, give him the ball at the top of the key and he can see over the defense and throw a pass. Very good all around game.
                            Using him like they used Gasol is what I what I was saying they should do from the start of the season. Let FVV bring it up court, hand off to Scottie to survey the court and let Freddy move off ball to his natural SG duties. Hope to see a nice two man game starting with Fred and Scottie.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Also I'd say the Rookie Ladder on nba.com is far more predictive of who will win ROY and Scottie has been 1 or 2 all season. Currently he's at 2. Giddey is at 5, he's not even seriously in the running for ROY.
                              Also the only reason Scottie dropped to 2 from 1 in the prior ladder was because he didn't play any games. He was inactive since December 18th. He'll be back in the 1 spot on the next ladder most likely. Mobley is his only serious competition for ROY.

Comment

• Don't care about this ROTY award at all.
                                This league is highly politicised it's impossible to get these things.
                                Giannis,, Kawhi,,, they didn't win it either.

Comment

Working...
                                X