No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont think he will win it and like Kag said I could care less.

Comment

• Random thought but we still have 4 hours to game time. In half a season, has Scottie already become the veteran presence replacing Kyle. Yes that sounds odd and is likely hyperbole but hear me out. I’ve never seen a player directing more traffic than I see Scottie doing. Even as he stepped in to separate a dust up between Pascal and Portis, he was pointing where people should go. My other question is, are people listening to him? That I have to watch for a bit more. Another interesting aspect of his game.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        Random thought but we still have 4 hours to game time. In half a season, has Scottie already become the veteran presence replacing Kyle. Yes that sounds odd and is likely hyperbole but hear me out. I’ve never seen a player directing more traffic than I see Scottie doing. Even as he stepped in to separate a dust up between Pascal and Portis, he was pointing where people should go. My other question is, are people listening to him? That I have to watch for a bit more. Another interesting aspect of his game.
        His IQ is off the charts for a rookie. I can definitely see him being a leader/floor general sooner rather than later.

Comment

• The intangible I love that scottie brings is his energy, his cheering and enthusiasm. He's a bit of a showboat, he'll scream like he just dunked over the French Olympian after a bucket sometimes.

It's nice to have calm and cerebral like OG and Fred, or nice and disciplined like Pascal and Trent, but it's good to mix in that guy who primal screams and claps and gets the crowd going wild. Ibaka used to have that crowd pleasing energy.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Random thought but we still have 4 hours to game time. In half a season, has Scottie already become the veteran presence replacing Kyle. Yes that sounds odd and is likely hyperbole but hear me out. I’ve never seen a player directing more traffic than I see Scottie doing. Even as he stepped in to separate a dust up between Pascal and Portis, he was pointing where people should go. My other question is, are people listening to him? That I have to watch for a bit more. Another interesting aspect of his game.
            Scottie is Gasol with the starters, Lowry with the bench and Kawhi in his spare time.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              The intangible I love that scottie brings is his energy, his cheering and enthusiasm. He's a bit of a showboat, he'll scream like he just dunked over the French Olympian after a bucket sometimes.

It's nice to have calm and cerebral like OG and Fred, or nice and disciplined like Pascal and Trent, but it's good to mix in that guy who primal screams and claps and gets the crowd going wild. Ibaka used to have that crowd pleasing energy.
              Don't forget wingspan-

w___ i ____ n ____ g ____s_____ p ___a ____n
              Last edited by Kagemusha; Sat Jan 8, 2022, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• That foul-line jumper he has is slick. High shooting pocket, quick and no wasted motion. Horford-esque.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Don't forget wingspan-

w___ i ____ n ____ g ____s_____ p ___a ____n
                  I thought someone summoned me...

Comment

• everyday i think about it and scottie at point just makes sense when and only when we get a real center. he can play power forward and i dont mind it but i want to see the ball in his hands making the reads

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post

I thought someone summoned me...

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

This is art made my night!

Comment

• hate to say it but scottie hasn't been very good since he went back to the braids. shouldn't be too hard to rectify, hopefully he can make the adjustment.

think that's the first time nurse had to sit him down the stretch. hopefully the last

Comment

• Injured again....

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• sharing a 538 story about Barnes and how he has been used in our offence.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-its-paid-off/

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                                sharing a 538 story about Barnes and how he has been used in our offence.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-its-paid-off/
                                This rookie class is fucking impressive. Barnes, Mobley, Cunningham, wagner all play 2 basketball, with high IQ. It's rare for rookies to be plus defenders. There's a lot of other interesting players too, this one has potential to be one of the all time draft classes by the time it shakes out
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X