Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    sharing a 538 story about Barnes and how he has been used in our offence.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-its-paid-off/
    Draft experts: But what position will Barnes play at the NBA level?

Raptors: Yes

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

This rookie class is fucking impressive. Barnes, Mobley, Cunningham, wagner all play 2 basketball, with high IQ. It's rare for rookies to be plus defenders. There's a lot of other interesting players too, this one has potential to be one of the all time draft classes by the time it shakes out
      Giddey too. It's been a fun and interesting class. Not the most offensively insane class but they will all get there.

Comment

• How has our rook dropped to the second page? Sure he's down to 3 in the rookie rankings but here's a nice intro to an article on him for espn. https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...-rounders-more

Last edited by Jclaw; Wed Jan 19, 2022, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          How has our rook dropped to the second page? Sure he's down to 3 in the rookie rankings but here's a nice intro to an article on him for espn. https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...-rounders-more

Lol Cunningham had a couple of good weeks and all of a sudden he's number 2? must be nice to be the 1st overall pick.

Top 3 should be:

Mobley
          Barnes
          Giddey

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Lol Cunningham had a couple of good weeks and all of a sudden he's number 2? must be nice to be the 1st overall pick.

Top 3 should be:

Mobley
            Barnes
            Giddey
            Cade has terrible efficiency and assist to turnovers, but ROY is always about raw stats. Cade, scottie and Mobley are all neck and neck
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• He ain't winning the roy, sorry 2 say..not with Freddy on this team. Unless Freddy gets injured and gives Scottie the rains playing pg and leads us to playoffs..that's the only way I can c it happen.
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                He ain't winning the roy, sorry 2 say..not with Freddy on this team. Unless Freddy gets injured and gives Scottie the rains playing pg and leads us to playoffs..that's the only way I can c it happen.
                If Fred gets injured, we're likely missing the Playoffs. No way around it.

Comment

• Why are you guys so enamored with these awards?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

If Fred gets injured, we're likely missing the Playoffs. No way around it.
                    Exactly. Like I said, if Freddy is out and Barnes takes over 2 another level, by making the playoffs.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                      Why are you guys so enamored with these awards?
                      personally I could care less. Barnes should care because these things effect your future earnings and incentives.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        How has our rook dropped to the second page? Sure he's down to 3 in the rookie rankings but here's a nice intro to an article on him for espn. https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...-rounders-more

Stockton and Malone, Dirk and Terry, FVV and Barnes.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

personally I could care less. Barnes should care because these things effect your future earnings and incentives.
                          But he has to wait for his turn within the offense of this team, right?

Comment

• The rook has to be tough minded and has to accept any kind of criticisms from the coaching staff especially from Nick Nurse.

But what is an ongoing disappointment for him is that, plays like a PnR, PnP or a Post up that should be specifically designed for him, are way way too far in between.

For him to watch VanVleet iso the ball, jack up Hail Marys after Hail Marys then having to witness a 6 foot guard drive the ball to the basket against 4 Maverick defenders can be so frustrating but yet he got all the anger directed towards him by his coach

poor guy

Comment

• He is the teams best hope closest to be a future no.1 option so yes the hell with those numbers….the naked eye is seeing that he is an after thought on offense

but we have to endure the limitations of one player…craziness….

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

But he has to wait for his turn within the offense of this team, right?
                                on this team yes. If we were a team that was slated to not be in the playoffs as in below the 8th seed at the end of the year and traded away our vets.. different story.

If you are finding a cute way to try to ask me a question. I have already answered the question. Do I have to repeat myself on a daily basis.

FVV should chuck less shots. Scottie is by the numbers second in terms of initiating offence but should be more assertive with taking shots. These points can be connected and yet they are not mutually exclusive.

You already know my stance on FVV which isn't vastly different than yours.. I just think you can have a good old Masai "chat" with Fred at some point. Again at this point I shouldn't have to repeat myself on that point. As you would say moving on.

If by the end of next season he hasn't moved up in the pecking order THEN freak out.

Comment

Working...
                                X