Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

RR, like the Raptors, has been bleeding talent for years. Now we're top heavy, and severely lacking in depth.
    The talent is here, but we haven't been able to properly develop depth since the Casey days.

Comment

RR, like the Raptors, has been bleeding talent for years. Now we're top heavy, and severely lacking in depth.
      lol maybe there's a deadline deal in the works that can raise our ceiling.

Whatever happened to McHappy? I know I don't tune in here often but haven't seen that guy in a MINUTE.

Comment

• whatever happened to themasao? welcome back

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Reread what I wrote. I said he does care and yes he should. He isn't going to win it. He needs to be more assertive. Even if he was utilized more he wouldn't win it because of narratives.

We keep both saying the same thing about fred but he has to also be more assertive that's that. Look if it was up to me you know who I would choose or you should.

Scottie will be the guy. Whether nurse likes it or not Bobby knows what we have. Siakam knows, OG knows.
          I appreciate the interaction, just a little blip on the radar few posts back when you seem overly dramatic but it’s all good lol….

we disagree with each other then moved on…..definitely not two clowns in a circus drinking the same kool aid bouncing off each other words, so overly obsessed with other posters who don’t follow their circus.

In all seriousness….sharing this nice article about Scottie Barnes…and nice words from one of his peers who is best in the game…

https://www.sportscasting.com/scotti...-thank-for-it/

“You’ve got a lot of guys who love to compete and love to win, but what’s more rare about Scottie Barnes is his IQ for the game, his length, his enthusiasm for the game,” Durant said in his postgame news conference. “All of that stuff shines bright when you watch him play. You can tell he wants to be there for his teammates, and he makes winning basketball plays.”

Comment

• The minutes are going to catch up with Scottie, as they have twice this season already. What Mobley is doing is incredible right now. I think Scottie still has a chance, but he's got to go on a bit of a run again. It will be a fun second half of the season.

Comment

• Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                15 field goal attempts

lets go!
                Page 86….got buried because some hypocrite flooded this thread about vaccines….same one who complained that I posted my opinions about VanVleet in the trade deadline thread…lol.

anyway, back to Scottie Barnes….last night against the Wizards was a career night for the rookie after just 45 games. This guy is a different breed.

The existing bullshit narrative for to him to “wait his turn” had been debunked by the man himself.

He needs his touches and I very much appreciate that VanVleet made it a mission last night to feature him in:
                1. Post-ups
                2. PnR
                3. PnP
                4. Lobs down low

17 field goal attempts, so what if he miss most of it…last night he was efficient. It is always a matter of finding his sweet spots around the court, develop a rhythm and maximizing his strengths in those four plays. Not just handing him a hot potato at the end of the shot clock and trying his luck on a Hail Mary. He will eventually find his range.

ROY here we come !

Comment

• A nice unbiased view of Scottie (at least as unbiased as it could be after watching him go for a career high off your team)

Barnes is really good

Now with more than half a season in the books, the Wizards have gotten close looks at plenty of rookies this year in what is shaping up to be a strong 2021 draft class. They have now seen Scottie Barnes, the fourth overall pick, twice and he is certainly among the most impressive. In fact, he might be the most impressive, given how much he appears to have improved already as a scorer over the course of this season.

Barnes had a career-high 27 points on Friday night, including 10 points in the second quarter and 10 more in the third. He dribbles up the floor like a guard, yet is big and strong enough to play bully-ball against centers at the rim. He technically started at center for the Raptors, yet he was guarding 1-through-5 on defense. All that and he's only 20 years old. It's scary. He has superstar potential.

Comment

• 'Special' - Beal on Barnes
                    ' He's going to be a star'

Yup, Mr. Beal.
                    And you're welcome to play with him in Toronto.

btw, in late game situations Nurse should go to Scottie more.
                    Forget the stupid pecking order.
                    The goal should be to win games.

Comment

• The coolest thing about that Wizards game performance is it is the first time we've seen an opposing coach actually change their defensive game plan because of Scottie. All game they were bringing help to our core three letting Scottie get free with great mismatches or deep post position or even just alone in the paint somehow. Scottie did some really good stuff doing damage against mismatches, but also got spoonfed a lot of good looks (which he converted at an impressive rate).

Wizards had to bail on that in the 4th. Pascal and OG and Fred not being able to hit anything until late made that look bad but if Scottie is becoming scary enough to force teams to stay on him and defend our core in single coverage? That's amazing for a rookie season.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        The coolest thing about that Wizards game performance is it is the first time we've seen an opposing coach actually change their defensive game plan because of Scottie. All game they were bringing help to our core three letting Scottie get free with great mismatches or deep post position or even just alone in the paint somehow. Scottie did some really good stuff doing damage against mismatches, but also got spoonfed a lot of good looks (which he converted at an impressive rate).

Wizards had to bail on that in the 4th. Pascal and OG and Fred not being able to hit anything until late made that look bad but if Scottie is becoming scary enough to force teams to stay on him and defend our core in single coverage? That's amazing for a rookie season.
                        Hard to doubt Masai but people always seems to judge him by his losses (Bruno (instead of like 10 players who played 5 or more seasons in a significant role) & Flynn (Bane sticks out like a sore thumb) then his wins (Siakam, Poeltl, OG, Barnes)

Last edited by Hotshot; Sun Jan 23, 2022, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                          'Special' - Beal on Barnes

Yup, Mr. Beal.

the problem is last time we went to barnes he gave it back to FVV instead of going up against Tomas... man has to be more assertive

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                            'Special' - Beal on Barnes

Yup, Mr. Beal.

Beal would be the perfect pickup at this point. Start him at the 2 and move Gary to the bench, our half court offense gets a huge face-lift, and relegates OG and FVV to more catch and shoot which is their bread and butter.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Beal would be the perfect pickup at this point. Start him at the 2 and move Gary to the bench, our half court offense gets a huge face-lift, and relegates OG and FVV to more catch and shoot which is their bread and butter.
                              Problem is, how do you get him? Like, is that a Siakam trade? They'll ask for Barnes, which is a non-starter. Do you go a half decade into the future with picks?
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Problem is, how do you get him? Like, is that a Siakam trade? They'll ask for Barnes, which is a non-starter. Do you go a half decade into the future with picks?
                                I would not trade siakam for Beal no, I think Pascal is a better overall player. I would offer Trent, precious and an unprotected first and 2nd and hope it's enough. Precious is probably the only young guy of any interest to anyone after scottie.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X