Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I would not trade siakam for Beal no, I think Pascal is a better overall player. I would offer Trent, precious and an unprotected first and 2nd and hope it's enough. Precious is probably the only young guy of any interest to anyone after scottie.
    Well, gosh, sign me on up for that but unless Beal is forcing his way out hard to see that come to pass.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well, gosh, sign me on up for that but unless Beal is forcing his way out hard to see that come to pass.
      Another first maybe? I don't know the going rate for an all star but 2 firsts, young player and rotation guy seems pretty standard.

Its really a moot point most likely, he seems to have that derozan loyalty where he wants to stick with the same team and make it work. But as we know in pro sports loyalty has to go both ways, and he's gonna have a hefty price tag soon..
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Remember that Wall also got paid. He saw what Wall got from the same owner, and wants the same thing. He doesn't get paid the same amount if he gets traded.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Remember that Wall also got paid. He saw what Wall got from the same owner, and wants the same thing. He doesn't get paid the same amount if he gets traded.
          That extension set their franchise back 5 years. Fool me once, shame on you..

Comment

I would not trade siakam for Beal no, I think Pascal is a better overall player. I would offer Trent, precious and an unprotected first and 2nd and hope it's enough. Precious is probably the only young guy of any interest to anyone after scottie.
            would you then max him out for almost 50 million a year for 5 years? otherwise you just traded those assets to have him walk.

and for what? a top 30-ish NBA player, maybe? who is pretty one dimensional? a player who would be the third best player on our team, and soon the fourth once scottie passes him?

he's a few months away from being one of the most toxic assets in the league. there are no worse contracts in the league than those veteran maxes for non true-blue superstars.
            Last edited by chris; Mon Jan 24, 2022, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

would you then max him out for almost 50 million a year for 5 years? otherwise you just traded those assets to have him walk.

and for what? a top 30-ish NBA player, maybe? who is pretty one dimensional? a player who would be the third best player on our team, and soon the fourth once scottie passes him?

he's a few months away from being one of the most toxic assets in the league. there are no worse contracts in the league than those veteran maxes for true-blue superstars.
              Yeah, I truthfully didn't consider his future albatross when I brought the name up, just now in a current situation he's a perfect fit. Pass on the 50 million dollar man.

Comment

Yeah, I truthfully didn't consider his future albatross when I brought the name up, just now in a current situation he's a perfect fit. Pass on the 50 million dollar man.
                its like a damn poison pill contract. Zach Lavine might get a super max too

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Remember that Wall also got paid. He saw what Wall got from the same owner, and wants the same thing. He doesn't get paid the same amount if he gets traded.
                  That is the thing. I am kind of curious if this means more players end up taking the bag and then asking out after. Because realistically why would you give up that amount of money. Some will have opportunities to make it back but most will not. May as well secure it while you can.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

its like a damn poison pill contract. Zach Lavine might get a super max too
                    Yeah.. Pascal's contract should end up looking like a bargain. The "super max" contract can be quite dangerous.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

he's a few months away from being one of the most toxic assets in the league. there are no worse contracts in the league than those veteran maxes for non true-blue superstars.
                      Damn... $50M. Nope. Picking Malachi over Desmond Bane is really coming back to haunt the Raps. Bane is the perfect fit for what this roster needs, right now. I know you "can't teach wingspan", but you "can't teach bucket getting" either. Masai/Bobby & Tolzman's fault, I guess.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Damn... $50M. Nope. Picking Malachi over Desmond Bane is really coming back to haunt the Raps. Bane is the perfect fit for what this roster needs, right now. I know you "can't teach wingspan", but you "can't teach bucket getting" either. Masai/Bobby & Tolzman's fault, I guess.
                        Malachi's wings are shorter than Banes anyways so that doesnt hold water. He was drafted a shooter, and not known for athletics, different from all the 6'9s we bring in. So far just looking like a whiffed pick.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

i'd really love to get lu dort.

Comment

I've watched about 17 Thunder games, and I'm still waiting to see Lu Dort make a shot. A little sarcastic, but the dude is a bad shooter and it would aggravate the fuck out of us.

Comment

Malachi's wings are shorter than Banes anyways so that doesnt hold water. He was drafted a shooter, and not known for athletics, different from all the 6'9s we bring in. So far just looking like a whiffed pick.
                              Malachi was conference DPOY and a dead-eye 3-pt shooter. We thought we were getting Red VanVleet when we drafted him.

Comment

You want to trade for a poor man's OG? OG is already tough to watch with his non existent offensive instinct and you want to add a poor man's version of that to this team? why?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X