No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Scottie Barnes not have X-Rays on his hand earlier in the season? I believe it was something about a jammed thumb. Or am I remembering that correctly. I believe he missed a few games then.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

no you were not I answered the direct question you asked at the time.
      Ah ok…..little correction….lol

Anatomy vs. Pathophysiology

good stuff

Comment

For the record, it's not anatomy it's pathophysiology.
        You mentioned one time here that you are studying….are you pre-med?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Ah ok…..little correction….lol

Anatomy vs. Pathophysiology

good stuff
          Anatomy vs Pathophysiology is not just a small correction. Anatomy is primarily dealing with the identification of structures. It doesn't deal with any disease at all. That is where pathophysiology takes over.

Comment

You mentioned one time here that you are studying….are you pre-med?
            I tend to not discuss my educational background on the forum openly. I will be sticking to that for now. Also I don't think its good to use credentials or lack thereof as a way to win an argument. It is actually known as appeal to accomplishment.

Comment

Anatomy vs Pathophysiology is not just a small correction. Anatomy is primarily dealing with the identification of structures. It doesn't deal with any disease at all. That is where pathophysiology takes over.
              I am learning each day, what do I know of this especially when I am dirt poor and reached only 12th grade.

So you think Barnes Knee (anatomy) Tendinitis (pathophysiology) is in the rear view mirror now but he is now suffering a nagging wrist (anatomy) tendinitis (pathophysiology)?

hopefully it does not affect his shooting?, do you think so it would?

Comment

I tend to not discuss my educational background on the forum openly. I will be sticking to that for now. Also I don't think its good to use credentials or lack thereof as a way to win an argument. It is actually known as appeal to accomplishment.
                The Claw Reborn, 12th grader.

kudos to you for finishing higher education

Comment

I am learning each day, what do I know of this especially when I am dirt poor and reached only 12th grade.

So you think Barnes Knee (anatomy) Tendinitis (pathophysiology) is in the rear view mirror now but he is now suffering a nagging wrist (anatomy) tendinitis (pathophysiology)?

hopefully it does not affect his shooting?, do you think so it would?

Thank you. I will say people can go to school and not gain anything from it, unfortunately. So being smart doesn't necessarily have anything to do with educational attainment. So even if you have only finished grade 12 never let anyone use that against you. Also not everyone finishes grade 12.

Regarding Barnes. I think he will have this issue on and off based on the information presented thus far. I mean ultimately, no one on this forum has access to those records. Even if they did, they would definitely not be sharing it here. I mean in an ideal world you could rest him up for longer than he has. I suspect part of this is him wanting to just play the game he is passionate about. There are non-steroidal options but they aren't always the most effective. Steroidal options are potentially more effective but long-term use of steroids starting at this age is not ideal. Again though I am purely speculating. I am not sure and am only outlining my thoughts based on the information presented.

I mean if you really wanna worry these things can manifest as a result of a bad STI. He is a young 20-year-old millionaire. Toronto has no shortage of available talent. Do the team doctors focus on screening for that?

Comment

Thank you. I will say people can go to school and not gain anything from it, unfortunately. So being smart doesn't necessarily have anything to do with educational attainment. So even if you have only finished grade 12 never let anyone use that against you. Also not everyone finishes grade 12.

Regarding Barnes. I think he will have this issue on and off based on the information presented thus far. I mean ultimately, no one on this forum has access to those records. Even if they did, they would definitely not be sharing it here. I mean in an ideal world you could rest him up for longer than he has. I suspect part of this is him wanting to just play the game he is passionate about. There are non-steroidal options but they aren't always the most effective. Steroidal options are potentially more effective but long-term use of steroids starting at this age is not ideal. Again though I am purely speculating. I am not sure and am only outlining my thoughts based on the information presented.

I mean if you really wanna worry these things can manifest as a result of a bad STI. He is a young 20-year-old millionaire. Toronto has no shortage of available talent. Do the team doctors focus on screening for that?
                    YAY !

Comment

• for the record I don't think scottie has an sti

Comment

• Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          in the long run he will be because he will be better offensively mobley will always have a slight edge defensively but barnes overall will be the better player.

Comment

in the long run he will be because he will be better offensively mobley will always have a slight edge defensively but barnes overall will be the better player.
                            The players who have a natural feel for playmaking and offensive awareness and high IQ tend to become pretty good. You can't teach those, you either have it or you don't. Just because of that Scottie has the highest ceiling, lets hope he reaches it.

Comment

The players who have a natural feel for playmaking and offensive awareness and high IQ tend to become pretty good. You can't teach those, you either have it or you don't. Just because of that Scottie has the highest ceiling, lets hope he reaches it.
                              Bruno is the perfect example of supremely physically gifted, but ultra-low IQ, zero awareness and negative feel for the game.

Comment

IQ can be taught. Giannis was really green when he came in, and he now has the ability to pick apart defenses. He still struggles at times with decisions, but he's developed that part of his game, to essentially end up as a 2x MVP and FMVP.

Comment

Working...
                                X