Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

IQ can be taught. Giannis was really green when he came in, and he now has the ability to pick apart defenses. He still struggles at times with decisions, but he's developed that part of his game, to essentially end up as a 2x MVP and FMVP.
    You can develop it to an extent, but Giannis is as good as he is because of his physical gifts, but he struggles playing against the wall.

Its basically impossible to defend Lebron because he can pick apart your defense by scoring or playmaking.

The natural high IQ players know how to manipulate the defense to their benefit. Obviously Scottie isn't there, but he has naturally high IQ, it just depends on if his skills can get to the point where he can maximize the use of his IQ.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

The players who have a natural feel for playmaking and offensive awareness and high IQ tend to become pretty good. You can't teach those, you either have it or you don't. Just because of that Scottie has the highest ceiling, lets hope he reaches it.
      yup although to be fair mobley has that as well but again his "superpower" is on the defensive end.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

You can develop it to an extent, but Giannis is as good as he is because of his physical gifts, but he struggles playing against the wall.

Its basically impossible to defend Lebron because he can pick apart your defense by scoring or playmaking.

The natural high IQ players know how to manipulate the defense to their benefit. Obviously Scottie isn't there, but he has naturally high IQ, it just depends on if his skills can get to the point where he can maximize the use of his IQ.
        There's an old drill in hockey where you shoot the puck behind the net and tell the kids to go get it. 9 of 10 will chase the puck behind the net and never catch up to it. One kid will just skate directly across the ice and easily pick it up of the opposite boards. The next time, 8 of the 10 kids will do the same thing but it's the kid that did it the first time you are looking for.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

There's an old drill in hockey where you shoot the puck behind the net and tell the kids to go get it. 9 of 10 will chase the puck behind the net and never catch up to it. One kid will just skate directly across the ice and easily pick it up of the opposite boards. The next time, 8 of the 10 kids will do the same thing but it's the kid that did it the first time you are looking for.
          Perfect analogy.
          That one kid will even get better, if he keeps working.
          It's like getting a headstart in a race, if you all run at the same pace, the one in the lead will always finish first.

Comment

• Might be fair if Giannis hadn’t also become an elite playmaker. Not everyone has to be Lebron, who in part is so unguardable because he’s also become a great shooter in addition to being a once in two generations athlete AND having a legendary mind for the game near-perfect overall skill package.
            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Jan 29, 2022, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Might be fair if Giannis hadn’t also become an elite playmaker. Not everyone has to be Lebron, who in part is so unguardable because he’s also become a great shooter in addition to being a once in two generations athlete AND having a legendary mind for the game near-perfect overall skill package.
              I still think they slightly misuse him.

Comment

• quiet 20 from Barnes
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• He's surpassed Barnes in the rookie rankings imo.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    He's surpassed Barnes in the rookie rankings imo.

Kid looks like Steve Nash, except Nash didn't look this good until like he was like 26 and this kid is 19, oh and he's 6'8 and rebounds the ball too. He's flying under the radar imo.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I'm totally surprised with Giddey, if I recall correctly, he was absolute crap the first time we played them. Tells you the value of a single game.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Kid looks like Steve Nash, except Nash didn't look this good until like he was like 26 and this kid is 19, oh and he's 6'8 and rebounds the ball too. He's flying under the radar imo.
                        When he learns how to shoot, OKC can probably give us SGA.

Comment

He's surpassed Barnes in the rookie rankings imo.

His team is dogshit, 4th worst in the NBA. He put up nice stats in an OT game, don't get too excited.

He's a bad shooter. .418 FG and .267 3PT on the season.

His ORtg is 97, which is abysmal. Outside of 10ft his offense is worthless.

Scottie scores more, has better %'s across the board (FG, FT, 3PT), rebounds the same, plays better defense, and all on much lower usage.

I don't think he's a bad player but he has a lot of limitations and Scottie is definitely better.

He may end up ranked higher just due to usage, but he's not the better player.

Comment

• I mean, I never said he's better than Barnes. I just said he's surpassed him in the rookie rankings.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I mean, I never said he's better than Barnes. I just said he's surpassed him in the rookie rankings.
                              It depends on who is making the rankings and what they're looking at.

If it's scoring Scottie wins.

If it's defense Scottie wins.

If it's contributing to team wins Scottie wins.

If it's offensive %'s Scottie wins.

If it's assists and usage Giddey wins.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

steve nash didn't play professional ball at age 16

Comment

Working...
                                X