Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

in your estimation, would you say the majority of nba fans world wide are casuals or would you say the majority are nuts like us who obsess over minutia on antiquated social media platforms?

well in golden's post above, two of lebron's league-leading annual jersey sales were cavs jerseys (2004 and 2015). how many lebron jersey's do you think everyone in cleveland owns?
    lol. Let me take a crack at answering that. In Primer's world, every household in Cleveland has about 10 Lebron jerseys.... 9 of which they burn whenever he leaves the Cavs for another team. That's a perfectly logical explanation for the 2004 & 2015 anomalies.

And apparently "casuals" don't count towards celebrity popularity. Numbers be damned.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Lebron is John Cena but Kobe is the Rock and MJ is Stone Cold. Yeah he's a massive movie star too but they'll never quite love him the same
      Nah lebron was the hero turned heel. He's Triple H (even moving into management on retirement, I'm surprised lebron hasn't married Adam Silver's daughter by now)

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

in your estimation, would you say the majority of nba fans world wide are casuals or would you say the majority are nuts like us who obsess over minutia on antiquated social media platforms?

well in golden's post above, two of lebron's league-leading annual jersey sales were cavs jerseys (2004 and 2015). how many lebron jersey's do you think everyone in cleveland owns?
        I think a lot of fans in Ohio bought a Lebron Jersey. How many does it take to be #1? Like 100K jerseys sold?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

A bigger version Kawhi... with playmaking.
          Scottie reminds me a lot of Magic. I was quite young at the end of Magic's career but watched a few years. Now, watching the HBO showtime series, I really hope he molds his game after Magic, I think that would lead to his highest possible ceiling. He needs to tighten up his handle in the offseason, then it seems the sky's the limit.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Scottie reminds me a lot of Magic. I was quite young at the end of Magic's career but watched a few years. Now, watching the HBO showtime series, I really hope he molds his game after Magic, I think that would lead to his highest possible ceiling. He needs to tighten up his handle in the offseason, then it seems the sky's the limit.
            Is it worth giving it a watch?

Comment

Was lucky enough to see Magic in 1987 against Sacramento and it was something to watch that team live.The ball moves so fast you could hardly track it. Magic looked like a man amongst boys. I still remember he had like 20 assists and barely played.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Yeah, I've only seen the first episode, but it was good. It's a bit stylized, the characters talk to the camera at times - which takes a little getting used to, but its entertaining and good quality production.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Yeah I'm enjoying it. If you're a basketball fan it's great just for the nostalgia but they keep the story pretty interesting with the Lakers constantly about to go bankrupt. The latest episode just introduced Pat Riley played by Adrian Brody and I think the show is picking up steam.

Comment

Yeah, I've only seen the first episode, but it was good. It's a bit stylized, the characters talk to the camera at times - which takes a little getting used to, but its entertaining and good quality production.
                    It's an adam McKay project. All his movies are like that now
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Scottie Pippen was the player that I compared him to during the draft and I will stand by that. I can see the Magic Johnson comp and he's got great vision I give him that but I have a lot of problems with the way he passes the ball. 1.He's very casual. 2. He gotta the know the strengths of his teammates. Just because Birch is wide open from 3 doesn't mean you have to give him the ball. Just because Boucher is on a fastbreak doesn't mean you have to give him the ball UNLESS he's wide open.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        Scottie Pippen was the player that I compared him to during the draft and I will stand by that. I can see the Magic Johnson comp and he's got great vision I give him that but I have a lot of problems with the way he passes the ball. 1.He's very casual. 2. He gotta the know the strengths of his teammates. Just because Birch is wide open from 3 doesn't mean you have to give him the ball. Just because Boucher is on a fastbreak doesn't mean you have to give him the ball UNLESS he's wide open.
                        Scottie IS making the right play in the context of position-less basketball (i.e. everybody is able to pass, dribble and shoot.)

But, why is Birch spotting up from the 3 in the first place... is the bigger question. Does Dwight Howard spot up for the corner 3?

Comment

Scottie Pippen was the player that I compared him to during the draft and I will stand by that. I can see the Magic Johnson comp and he's got great vision I give him that but I have a lot of problems with the way he passes the ball. 1.He's very casual. 2. He gotta the know the strengths of his teammates. Just because Birch is wide open from 3 doesn't mean you have to give him the ball. Just because Boucher is on a fastbreak doesn't mean you have to give him the ball UNLESS he's wide open.
                          I like the Pippen comparison, but I'm seeing more of an inside game from Scottie. He can really beat up smaller players in the paint like Zach Randolph did, but he can can dish like Gasol. Would C-Webb be a fair comparison?

Comment

These are things I expect from a raw rookie with even very little college experience. He has passing TALENT, but still very raw awareness. Passes that would fly in high school don't work in the NBA. When Peyton Manning was an NFL QB he threw more INT than TD's in his rookie season.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yeah, it is important to put teammates in a position to succeed with your passing. He's a rookie. Scottie Pippen took a few years to develop and I suspect we'll see a better Scottie Barnes next year, with practice, repetition and experience. With the magic comparison its also about their comparative stature, size, Magic's jump hook, post ability in the paint etc. Scottie's a big guy. Pippen put a lot of work in the weight room over his career but he didn't have a naturally big frame like Barnes or Magic.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I like the Pippen comparison, but I'm seeing more of an inside game from Scottie. He can really beat up smaller players in the paint like Zach Randolph did, but he can can dish like Gasol. Would C-Webb be a fair comparison?
                                Larry Johnson (LJ2) is another good comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X