Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

lowe still had mobley, it was thorpe who had barnes (though it was on lowe's show). KOC did but i think that was on william lou's show which no one in america would have heard.

i'm just mentioning because however one might feel about him, simmons is a guy who does a lot of the shaping of the narrative's that get talked about so much about around here, so i think it will affect the odds.
    I do think more conversations will happen. Ryan R. also was a Barnes guy too.

Comment

• gambler wrote: View Post

i bet him at 10/1 about three weeks ago
      Yeah, looking back 3 weeks ago.... Simmons and his crew thought 10/1 were great odds to place a bet on Barnes.

Comment

• “He’s the only rookie this season to rank in the Top 5 in every major statistical category…Barnes has been the most impactful rookie in the NBA this year from start to finish.”

- NBA Executive on Scottie Barnes
        woot

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, looking back 3 weeks ago.... Simmons and his crew thought 10/1 were great odds to place a bet on Barnes.

i made the bet on march 3....and iirc those guys came out wiht teh video like two days later....hes now down to +300 but the line movement is due to mobelys injury...now well either find out if hes lebron james or gordan hayward RE ankle sprains.....hayward is still out...over six weeks now

Comment

• Lol

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Here's the Barnes narratives that just makes me smh. Before the season, most of these so called experts didn't have the Raptors making the playoffs. I think ESPN had the Raptors winning 33 games or something? basically lottery. Now they're saying that Barnes is playing with 2 all stars - players that won the championship a couple of years ago blah blah blah. Well, the Raps were in the lottery last year.

These narratives are crazy. Barnes has been a HUGE part of the Raptors resurgence this year.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Here's the Barnes narratives that just makes me smh. Before the season, most of these so called experts didn't have the Raptors making the playoffs. I think ESPN had the Raptors winning 33 games or something? basically lottery. Now they're saying that Barnes is playing with 2 all stars - players that won the championship a couple of years ago blah blah blah. Well, the Raps were in the lottery last year.

These narratives are crazy. Barnes has been a HUGE part of the Raptors resurgence this year.
                they had us at BEST making the 10th.. heck some ppl here had us as the 9-10th best team in the league.

It is absolutely ridiculous how they have shifted things multiple times this season to try to fit the narrative the Barnes isn't the guy. The amazing thing. Barnes just keeps doing so well that they can't help but talk about him.

Comment

• I don't know why anyone even looks at or cares about Barnes ROY chances.
                  #1 it would cost the Raptors more in bonuses or future value negotiations
                  #2 the Raptor are still located in Toronto. He'd have to be the head and shoulders consensus candidate.

I know there's some pride involved (but from the players side, that's just ego and $$$) but really, who cares about individual awards?
                  I don't care about All Stars or All NBA either....it's about rings.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    I don't know why anyone even looks at or cares about Barnes ROY chances.
                    #1 it would cost the Raptors more in bonuses or future value negotiations
                    #2 the Raptor are still located in Toronto. He'd have to be the head and shoulders consensus candidate.

I know there's some pride involved (but from the players side, that's just ego and $$$) but really, who cares about individual awards?
                    I don't care about All Stars or All NBA either....it's about rings.
                    dude you are the team lead in whining about how this franchise cannot retain or attract top talent. i think that's overblow myself, but wouldn't blame scottie at all for feeling some type of way about not winning an award he clearly should be frontrunner for, if he perceived the main reason for that to be that he plays in the only non-american market.

the guy is the franchise and i wouldn't trade him for literally anyone else in the league. i very much want him to win this award

Comment

• ^ I would trade Scottie for the Greek Freak

Comment

dude you are the team lead in whining about how this franchise cannot retain or attract top talent. i think that's overblow myself, but wouldn't blame scottie at all for feeling some type of way about not winning an award he clearly should be frontrunner for, if he perceived the main reason for that to be that he plays in the only non-american market.

the guy is the franchise and i wouldn't trade him for literally anyone else in the league. i very much want him to win this award
                        I assume a mod will delete this since no personal attacks are allowed. Or it's game on?

I prefer players that don't care about personal awards either. Like Kawhi not caring about regular season games or Giannis not wanting to hang out with the enemy

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I assume a mod will delete this since no personal attacks are allowed. Or it's game on?
                          man what about that was a personal attack? it wasn't intended as one, and i apologize if it offended you. i can revise "whining" to "voicing your opinion" if you would prefer it.

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          I prefer players that don't care about personal awards either. Like Kawhi not caring about regular season games or Giannis not wanting to hang out with the enemy
                          i don't think those exist, at least none who would qualify as candidates for personal awards. maybe steph comes closest, but i think all great players want to be recognized for their accomplishments, kawhi and giannis included

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                            ^ I would trade Scottie for the Greek Freak
                            i love giannis but would just rather root for the journey of a guy reaching that level than to trade for it. and i see no ceiling to scottie's game. being too deferential or a general passivity would have been my biggest worry, but he's hyper competitive and we've seen a willingness from him to ramp up the shoulder more scoring when needed, so not worried.

Comment

i love giannis but would just rather root for the journey of a guy reaching that level than to trade for it. and i see no ceiling to scottie's game. being too deferential or a general passivity would have been my biggest worry, but he's hyper competitive and we've seen a willingness from him to ramp up the shoulder more scoring when needed, so not worried.
                              I think a Giannis would be Scottie's ceiling.
                              He might be a bit better in terms of playmaking, but Giannis would be more dominant across the board.
                              We share the same feeling about those awards, btw. Scottie is all about the team and I feel that individual awards/accomolades are just distractions to him. You can easily sense that in the way that he plays, there's no me-first attitude in his game at all.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I think a Giannis would be Scottie's ceiling.
                                He might be a bit better in terms of playmaking, but Giannis would be more dominant across the board.
                                We share the same feeling about those awards, btw. Scottie is all about the team and I feel that individual awards/accomolades are just distractions to him. You can easily sense that in the way that he plays, there's no me-first attitude in his game at all.
                                i think scottie will eventually be a better scorer, as he's shown the ability to score with more variety. giannis is way more physically overpowering though and hence dominant across the board, i agree.

to your second point, i was saying that i think it's natural for most/all great players to care to some degree about individual recognition, and i don't think scottie is any different. and i don't think there's anything wrong with that. it's only an issue when a player is going after individual accolades outside the construct of the team, a la westbrook's stat chasing or lebron this year with the scoring title chase.

Comment

Working...
                                X