Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gambler wrote: View Post
    barnes is finishing strong and you cannot assume that ot be the same with mobely....before allen went out evans defensive rating was 100....it currently is 107....that is a huge jump for the limited amount of games he has played without allen
    i think you can assume the exact opposite and say he's finishing as weak as possible. and yeah the defensive slippage is not a surprise, some of us predicted he'd look pretty bad without playing alongside allen and were pointing out the monster offensive ratings being given up once JA went down.

but to my last post:

It’s only been five games, but it feels much longer since Mobley was active and helping the Cavaliers in what seemed like a dream season. The last time he logged regular minutes, he scored in double digits and Cleveland was 11 games over .500, two games out of fourth place in the East. Now? Home court is gone, the Play-In awaits and it is not clear how voters will react to Mobley’s late-season ankle sprain vs. his performance through the season’s first 90%. A popular MVP test is, how has his team done without him. Without Mobley, the Cavs are 4-9 (39-28 with him).
    steve aschburner is a lazy idiot who stopped putting any effort into his job a long time ago (a la doug smith), but that's how it'll be spun by some. i feel like i'm on crazy pills

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i think you can assume the exact opposite and say he's finishing as weak as possible. and yeah the defensive slippage is not a surprise, some of us predicted he'd look pretty bad without playing alongside allen and were pointing out the monster offensive ratings being given up once JA went down.

but to my last post:

steve aschburner is a lazy idiot who stopped putting any effort into his job a long time ago (a la doug smith), but that's how it'll be spun by some. i feel like i'm on crazy pills
      is such a silly argument ... at the end of the day it should be barnes.. this shouldn't be up for debate any more.

Comment

• I understand the infatuation with the ROY, that being said I'm not that concerned. He is ROY in our minds. He's also on our team for the foreseeable future.

He is way better than anyone gave him credit for (even people that liked him didn't think he would be scoring this much).

He has our team's mindset of working hard, and being underrated.

In the long run; if the media and those in charge of picking ROY, don't pick him, I think he is the type of kid that just works harder.

The kid is a monster. I can't wait to watch him grow. I was one that didn't love the pick on draft night, but shortly after, came around on the just shear trust in Masai (and his FO). He has made me regret my thoughts of draft night all year long. I'm more than fine with that.

I hope he gets it, but I'm not going to loose sleep over it. It's crazy to call him a steal considering he was 4th overall, but he was. He is a game changer.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
          I understand the infatuation with the ROY, that being said I'm not that concerned. He is ROY in our minds. He's also on our team for the foreseeable future.

He is way better than anyone gave him credit for (even people that liked him didn't think he would be scoring this much).

He has our team's mindset of working hard, and being underrated.

In the long run; if the media and those in charge of picking ROY, don't pick him, I think he is the type of kid that just works harder.

The kid is a monster. I can't wait to watch him grow. I was one that didn't love the pick on draft night, but shortly after, came around on the just shear trust in Masai (and his FO). He has made me regret my thoughts of draft night all year long. I'm more than fine with that.

I hope he gets it, but I'm not going to loose sleep over it. It's crazy to call him a steal considering he was 4th overall, but he was. He is a game changer.
          To hell with that. If Scottie doesn't win ROY, we riot!

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

To hell with that. If Scottie doesn't win ROY, we riot!
            I agree. Scottie loses to Mobley, we do it just like Vancouver did in 2011. We demolish the entire downtown core....of Cleveland Ohio.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I agree. Scottie loses to Mobley, we do it just like Vancouver did in 2011. We demolish the entire downtown core....of Cleveland Ohio.
              We ride....the tour bus....at dawn!!

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

but to my last post:

Yep. Now that the Raps have passed the Cavs, I was fully expecting some next-level mental gymnastics to continue justifying Mobley over Barnes, from the mainstream media. They were in too deep with the praise, calling Mobley the greatest big man prospect since Anthony Davis & Tim Duncan. They can't back out now.

Mobley does seem to have something very much in common with AD.... he's injured when his team needs him most.

Comment

• Barnes SHOULD win it, I'm convinced of that but there's a degree of first hand eyeball test bias in there.
                  I don't think he WILL win it and (mostly) only Raptor fans will think he was ripped off.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    Barnes SHOULD win it, I'm convinced of that but there's a degree of first hand eyeball test bias in there.
                    I don't think he WILL win it and (mostly) only Raptor fans will think he was ripped off.
                    it took me a long time to believe he would but once mobley went down that was that. also once we passed them in the standings that was that. it will be close but barnes will win

Comment

• I think with Barnes' team surging into 5th while Mobley sits, he'll probably get it.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

it took me a long time to believe he would but once mobley went down that was that. also once we passed them in the standings that was that. it will be close but barnes will win
                        Yeah, but that NBA.com article proves the clear bias against Barnes. They are using Mobley's injury and Cavs losing as yet another reason to pump up his value, instead of using the Raps winning as a way to endorse Barnes. Earlier in the year, they were hyping up Mobley because of his winning impact... but that doesn't apply to Barnes now? It's twisted logic, for real. But not surprising. And insult to injury.... they still have Cade higher than Barnes.

Comment

• not sure that Hollinger has a vote but he's going with Mobley

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            not sure that Hollinger has a vote but he's going with Mobley
                            Windhorst also said he's leaning Mobley.
                            Last edited by golden; Wed Apr 6, 2022, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• I suspect that not enough voters pay enough attention to the raptors to fully appreciate Barnes.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X