Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    I can see a player not caring for the jacket but c'mon man, the ring? (if true)
    And people want to retire Kawhi's jersey....like I said, they'd have to pay him to bother showing up .....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

And people want to retire Kawhi's jersey....like I said, they'd have to pay him to bother showing up .....
      Funny…was just going to post this story. That’s exactly how Danny told it. Scottie calls him out of the blue to let him know his stuff is waiting there for him. Compliments him on the jacket and then asks if he can have it. Interesting guy. It was just about the jacket. Not the ring.

Comment

I felt then and I feel now. Kawhi is someone who I am grateful for. I think that team may have a shot to get into the HOF one day as the first "foreign/international" team to win a title. That said, the moment he decided not to resign I kept it moving and so did he. If he stayed for another year I would say sure he deserves a jersey retirement, especially if we ended up winning a chip in the second year. But I am perfectly ok with that not happening. It is not about being petty or anything like that. He just wasn't really part of the franchise for long enough.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, but that NBA.com article proves the clear bias against Barnes. They are using Mobley's injury and Cavs losing as yet another reason to pump up his value, instead of using the Raps winning as a way to endorse Barnes. Earlier in the year, they were hyping up Mobley because of his winning impact... but that doesn't apply to Barnes now? It's twisted logic, for real. But not surprising. And insult to injury.... they still have Cade higher than Barnes.
          it will be very very very close but assuming Scottie plays the next three games I would still put money on him winning ... BARELY but he will win.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i think you can assume the exact opposite and say he's finishing as weak as possible. and yeah the defensive slippage is not a surprise, some of us predicted he'd look pretty bad without playing alongside allen and were pointing out the monster offensive ratings being given up once JA went down.

but to my last post:

steve aschburner is a lazy idiot who stopped putting any effort into his job a long time ago (a la doug smith), but that's how it'll be spun by some. i feel like i'm on crazy pills
            17k votes and mobely is the overwhelming favorite...bizarre...i follow this guy and he consistently hits 150k views and knows what he is talking about...agrees wiht most here that scotties versatily makes him the roy....teh 44 percent votes for mobely is utterly disgusting...i dont mind the cade/scottie being a push and thats why i bet cade at +900 to hedge the scottie +1000 but mobely being a -200 right now...injured...its just fukn bizarre,,,with this irrational exuberance i wouldnt be surprised if evan won rom for march even tho both cade and scottie put up better numbers last month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRtMjIrvlcE&t=938s

Comment

• I think what the voters see is that the Cavs went from 22 wins a season ago to a game shy of doubling that win total. Even if guys like Garland took big steps in their development this season the huge bump in wins will be attributed largely to the addition of Mobley.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                I think what the voters see is that the Cavs went from 22 wins a season ago to a game shy of doubling that win total. Even if guys like Garland took big steps in their development this season the huge bump in wins will be attributed largely to the addition of Mobley.
                In reality it wasn't so much Mobley but Allen that made the difference there. And it showed once Allen went down.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  I think what the voters see is that the Cavs went from 22 wins a season ago to a game shy of doubling that win total. Even if guys like Garland took big steps in their development this season the huge bump in wins will be attributed largely to the addition of Mobley.
                  We were a 27 win team last year and we lost our best player ever to Miami and our only big addition was Scottie, and here we are the 5th seed in the playoffs with 48 or 49 wins. Scottie has the same exact narrative but his team is better and he's playing and playing great.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

In reality it wasn't so much Mobley but Allen that made the difference there. And it showed once Allen went down.
                    Yes, this has been pointed out in the forum and is what I meant by "guys like Garland" stepping up. However people you aren't paying close attention to the team...which is likely the case among most voters outside of Ohio, the main difference they see from last years roster is the addition of Mobley.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We were a 27 win team last year and we lost our best player ever to Miami and our only big addition was Scottie, and here we are the 5th seed in the playoffs with 48 or 49 wins. Scottie has the same exact narrative but his team is better and he's playing and playing great.
                      Scottie ticks every narrative box that they are using to prop up Mobley.... and more, since Scottie is a legit playmaker, creator and 1 to 5 defender.

And Cade being in the ROY conversation is insane. He's had basically 1 month of non-horrific efficiency on offense. And that one month was still below league average. If Scottie gets Cade's 30% usage, he's easily a 20p-10r-5a player, with the Raps probably still in the play-in.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Absolutely, but doubtful American voters are paying close attention to that which is why Mobley has been pegged as their top choice for the award through most of the season. Most all the categories reflect Scottie should hands down be the winner. He's worked his butt off and deserves it.

Comment

• Like I keep saying, there's a big difference between who SHOULD and who WILL win the ROY.
                          Stop using logic in an illogical voting process. There's media bias, geography bias and a pre-conceived bias.

Scotty has to be the head and shoulders, no argument consensus to win this. imo

Comment

Like I keep saying, there's a big difference between who SHOULD and who WILL win the ROY.
                            Stop using logic in an illogical voting process. There's media bias, geography bias and a pre-conceived bias.

Scotty has to be the head and shoulders, no argument consensus to win this. imo
                            I guess I haven't paid much attention to this, but who has been snubbed in recent years in ROY voting that should have won?

Comment

• well dan devine has an actual vote and has come around on scottie after stating on a podcast a couple weeks ago that no one could catch mobley, so i'm happy to see that.

I just can’t shake the feeling that—especially lately—Barnes has been just as excellent in an even larger, more diverse role for a Toronto team that has overtaken the Cavs in the Eastern standings.

Barnes fits perfectly into a Raptors team that prizes length, athleticism, and adaptability above all else. At 6-foot-7 and 225 pounds with a 7-foot-3 wingspan, he’s got the size and skill set to guard across the positional spectrum, and Nick Nurse wasted little time in enlisting him to do just that: Barnes leads all players who’ve logged at least 1,000 minutes this season in defensive versatility, according to The BBall Index, spending nearly equal amounts of floor time checking opponents at all five positions. He’s not getting easy assignments, either: Barnes’s most frequent matchups include elite wings like Tatum, Harden, Durant, Doncic, LeBron, and Jimmy Butler, and during recent high-leverage games, Nurse has also slotted him onto elite big men like Jokic and Karl-Anthony Towns.

He’s assumed a larger offensive role than expected, too, scoring 15.5 points and dishing 3.5 assists per game while averaging more touches a night than any rookie besides Cunningham and Josh Giddey—a pair of point guards.

Which is fitting, I guess. Barnes has spent a bunch of floor time in gigantic Raptors lineups featuring zero conventional point guards, in which Nurse enlists one of Toronto’s many huge dudes to bring the ball up the court, initiate sets, run pick-and-roll, hunt mismatches, and attack their own if they get one. Barnes has proved a quick study at that, eminently capable of finding the soft spots in defensive coverages and leveraging his size, quickness, and vision to generate good looks for himself and others. He’s broken through the rookie wall, too, playing his best ball of the season when it matters most—just under 18-8-4 on 53 percent shooting since the All-Star break—as the Raptors chase the fifth seed down the stretch. What do you call a 20-year-old who can guard every position and play every offensive role on a high-40-win team in the heat of a playoff chase? Well, “Rookie of the Year” has a nice ring to it.
                              hopefully other voters see the discourse and it influences them too

Comment

• gambler wrote: View Post

17k votes and mobely is the overwhelming favorite...bizarre...i follow this guy and he consistently hits 150k views and knows what he is talking about...agrees wiht most here that scotties versatily makes him the roy....teh 44 percent votes for mobely is utterly disgusting...i dont mind the cade/scottie being a push and thats why i bet cade at +900 to hedge the scottie +1000 but mobely being a -200 right now...injured...its just fukn bizarre,,,with this irrational exuberance i wouldnt be surprised if evan won rom for march even tho both cade and scottie put up better numbers last month

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRtMjIrvlcE&t=938s
                                yeah i watched this video the other day. dude knows his stuff... his twitter followers not su much

Comment

Working...
                                X