Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

I wanna see more Scottie down low. When he gets the ball in position somewhat near the basket he's unstoppable. Not a fan of midrange. Worst shot in basketball, low percentage and unlikely to be fouled. Drive it or pass it if you get it in the midrange.
    Every superstar has a midrange game.
    What are you talking about.

Comment

• I'm not saying that you rely on the midrange, but in the playoffs, you need that in your game.

Comment

• Its good to have the mid range as it gives you the option to score at all 3 levels and a good fall back option in case teams are focusing on defending the paint against you, which they will likely do against Scottie as the years go by.

Comment

• Scottie continuing the Raptors' tradition of appearing in low-production-value commercials - he's in a spot for Skilled Trades College

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
            Scottie continuing the Raptors' tradition of appearing in low-production-value commercials - he's in a spot for Skilled Trades College
            Maybe they're adding a baskeball (skills) course?

Comment

Scottie continuing the Raptors' tradition of appearing in low-production-value commercials - he's in a spot for Skilled Trades College

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                Its good to have the mid range as it gives you the option to score at all 3 levels and a good fall back option in case teams are focusing on defending the paint against you, which they will likely do against Scottie as the years go by.
                Don't disagree but I think the next evolution of his game to open up the rest will be that 3 point shot.

Comment

Yo that's a pretty good commercial.

I have lived in USA over 30 years and the only players appearing in more professional commercials are the absolute top top stars. I don't think I've seen Lowry or Derozan in anything better. Or any current Heat player for that matter.

Comment

Yo that's a pretty good commercial.

I have lived in USA over 30 years and the only players appearing in more professional commercials are the absolute top top stars. I don't think I've seen Lowry or Derozan in anything better. Or any current Heat player for that matter.
                    do you miss the north?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

do you miss the north?
                      I do miss a lot of it. I come back every summer for a few weeks. If it was warm I'd probably live there.

Comment

I do miss a lot of it. I come back every summer for a few weeks. If it was warm I'd probably live there.
                        victoria isn't terrible but its not as fun as Toronto or Montreal or calgary or vancovuer.

Comment

• Scotty learned from Jeff Goldblum

Comment

I think this one is a bit different. Skilled Trades is part of a charity initiative by Scottie. What a guy.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...ege-of-canada/

Comment

• My stance on development of a shot is this: developing a catch and shoot 3 point shot is crucial for anyone who you want to be able to play off ball. If we want Scottie to stand in the corner, he should be working on that 3 point shot all summer.

Developing an elite pull up 3 point shot is great for an on-ball creator, if you can pull up above the break off a screen you become almost impossible to guard. I love Scottie but he seems several years away from that at least. But the other shot that can help an on-ball creator is the pull-up from closer in, in the midrange, where he already flashed some signs this year. You can develop that and stretch it out to 3 over time.

So if the goal is to develop Scottie as an off ball threat in the short term, and bring along his on-ball game over the next few years, I can see them emphasizing the 3 ball this summer. And I'm sure he'll work on everything. But if they want him to be their on-ball guy right away, I think the point of emphasis is not the 3 ball, but the handle and the midrange. He's already shown flashes of inside touch, give him a real weapon at 15 feet and his primary actions become really hard to contain without bringing help and giving up a layup or a three to someone else. I think the future of the team lies more in that direction than Scottie being out of the primary action, so as much as hitting open threes would help us, I think I'd have it further down the list of things to focus on this offseason.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                My stance on development of a shot is this: developing a catch and shoot 3 point shot is crucial for anyone who you want to be able to play off ball. If we want Scottie to stand in the corner, he should be working on that 3 point shot all summer.

Developing an elite pull up 3 point shot is great for an on-ball creator, if you can pull up above the break off a screen you become almost impossible to guard. I love Scottie but he seems several years away from that at least. But the other shot that can help an on-ball creator is the pull-up from closer in, in the midrange, where he already flashed some signs this year. You can develop that and stretch it out to 3 over time.

So if the goal is to develop Scottie as an off ball threat in the short term, and bring along his on-ball game over the next few years, I can see them emphasizing the 3 ball this summer. And I'm sure he'll work on everything. But if they want him to be their on-ball guy right away, I think the point of emphasis is not the 3 ball, but the handle and the midrange. He's already shown flashes of inside touch, give him a real weapon at 15 feet and his primary actions become really hard to contain without bringing help and giving up a layup or a three to someone else. I think the future of the team lies more in that direction than Scottie being out of the primary action, so as much as hitting open threes would help us, I think I'd have it further down the list of things to focus on this offseason.
                                All signs point to Fred being moved off-ball next season then? I like the balance of Fred and Trent spacing the floor for Siakam and Scottie to work a two man game.

Comment

Working...
                                X