No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottie shows all signs of being a generational talent. He has size, court vision, intelligence, skill and even the work ethic to back it up. Baring injury, he's a freight train rolling on his way to top 5 in the nba.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
      Scottie shows all signs of being a generational talent. He has size, court vision, intelligence, skill and even the work ethic to back it up. Baring injury, he's a freight train rolling on his way to top 5 in the nba.
      Maybe.just.a.touch.premature ..... but I like the enthusiasm

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Perhaps but I've seen too many flashes of Magic and he did too well in his first year to not be extremely optimistic. I had expectations for him and he basically crushed them all. He even came away with rookie of the year in a class where 2 or 3 stars will emerge from.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

honestly though... I am not going to set expectations but this guy may actually be top 10 and yes he needs some improvement but with minimal improvements on very very key areas he will be insanely good.. like even just adding a handle period end of story.

Comment

Perhaps but I've seen too many flashes of Magic and he did too well in his first year to not be extremely optimistic. I had expectations for him and he basically crushed them all. He even came away with rookie of the year in a class where 2 or 3 stars will emerge from.
            The optimism is well founded and rational, and I was a Scottie hater pre draft. He looks unstoppable within 10ft. He's freaking huge and athletic and adding new moves. I've seen him overwhelm really good nba players too many times to be pessimistic. Anyone tempering our expectations needs to zip it. No other fan base would poo poo their own future star the way Raps fans do Scottie.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The optimism is well founded and rational, and I was a Scottie hater pre draft. He looks unstoppable within 10ft. He's freaking huge and athletic and adding new moves. I've seen him overwhelm really good nba players too many times to be pessimistic. Anyone tempering our expectations needs to zip it. No other fan base would poo poo their own future star the way Raps fans do Scottie.
              Being cautious is fine but Scottie has shown a lot that is promising. His IQ is incredibly high for a rookie, he already has the NBA body at 20 years old and many draft experts said his offense wasn't ready and he went on to average 15 points and win ROTY.

Comment

• Friend posted this on Facebook:

What is most interesting is if you look behind Jokic in the top right hand corner by scottie ... look closely behind and you will also see siakam.

Comment

• DD up on the top left. Yup, thats about right.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    honestly though... I am not going to set expectations but this guy may actually be top 10 and yes he needs some improvement but with minimal improvements on very very key areas he will be insanely good.. like even just adding a handle period end of story.
                    Yeah, top 10 I don't think is outrageously optimistic. And Raptors fans aren't alone in thinking Scottie has that kind of upside. I don't think anyone is suggesting that he'll be a top 10 player next year, but that he has that type of upside. Drafting a top ten talent, as far as upside at least, is awesome for us.

Comment

Scottie shows all signs of being a generational talent. He has size, court vision, intelligence, skill and even the work ethic to back it up. Baring injury, he's a freight train rolling on his way to top 5 in the nba.
                      Generational talent is Magic, Bird, Jordan, Lebron and maybe Luka. I wouldn't put Barnes at that level but do agree he has the potential to be a #1 guy on a contender.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Generational talent is Magic, Bird, Jordan, Lebron and maybe Luka. I wouldn't put Barnes at that level but do agree he has the potential to be a #1 guy on a contender.
                        I mean its pretty early to tell. Overall the league is MUCH MUCH better than it was when most of the others entered the league. Obviously that doesn't take away from their greatness but its true. I just think its very very very early on in Scottie's career BUT do I see a bit of magic in him and a bit of pippen in him.. sure. I think you can start thinking about ceilings in his third year. He is just so good. He is a unique player even stylistically.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I mean its pretty early to tell. Overall the league is MUCH MUCH better than it was when most of the others entered the league. Obviously that doesn't take away from their greatness but its true. I just think its very very very early on in Scottie's career BUT do I see a bit of magic in him and a bit of pippen in him.. sure. I think you can start thinking about ceilings in his third year. He is just so good. He is a unique player even stylistically.
                          Yeah, the overall talent pool is exponentially better today. The 4 best players in the league today are (arguably) international guys (Giannis, Jokic, Embiid & Luka). When MJ and Magic played, the best international player was Hakeem and after that I think it was.... Detlef Schrempf. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, the overall talent pool is exponentially better today. The 4 best players in the league today are (arguably) international guys (Giannis, Jokic, Embiid & Luka). When MJ and Magic played, the best international player was Hakeem and after that I think it was.... Detlef Schrempf. lol.
                            Officially change all star to North America vs International, and I bet you'd see some pride brought into it
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Steph and KD are generational talents too.

Those guys have the ability to control the pace of the game to their liking.
                              Our Scottie has that too.
                              And once he develops a respectable outside shot, he will be unstoppable.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Officially change all star to North America vs International, and I bet you'd see some pride brought into it
                                i don't think you can do that. 6 international players made the all star team out of the 27 all stars last year (including named replacements).

it'll look pretty dumb when dillon brooks or whoever is making the all star game over actual all stars. plus i think there are contract incentives tied into all star appearances for some players

Comment

Working...
                                X