Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our boy will soon DOMINATE.
    Masai will be a fool to trade the future of his team to an aging superstar.

https://www.slamonline.com/the-magaz...rnes-slam-239/

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

If Scottie can develop a consistent Kawhi/MJ midrange fadeaway like the video below then it's over for the rest of the league.

He needs to be different than anything we have seen giannis and magic are the two I would look towards

Comment

Agree w/ everything you said except the PG part. He's not a PG. He's a point forward.
        he is a point guard. He has played point guard multiple times in his life at high levels... this is the new nba let's be different not the same.... siakam is our point forward he is our point guard.

how did you classify magic

Comment

• According to the articles Scottie’s handle is getting tighter, if that’s the case, he’ll have the ball in his hands quite a bit. I think we are past the point of classifying this roster by position. There will be playmakers and off ball guys. That’s as far as I would go to define positions.

Comment

• Nurse made a couple comments that Scottie grew during the season, I would love to know his updated height. He was 6’8” in shoes at the combine… he still looks shorter than Pascal.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              Nurse made a couple comments that Scottie grew during the season, I would love to know his updated height. He was 6’8” in shoes at the combine… he still looks shorter than Pascal.
              I've heard 1 1/2 - 2 inches

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                Nurse made a couple comments that Scottie grew during the season, I would love to know his updated height. He was 6’8” in shoes at the combine… he still looks shorter than Pascal.
                I think Nurse was referring to Scottie having put on some muscle. He could have e gro2n taller as well, but it's been what maybe a month between when Nurse saw him at end of season and when the comment was made?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

he is a point guard. He has played point guard multiple times in his life at high levels... this is the new nba let's be different not the same.... siakam is our point forward he is our point guard.

how did you classify magic
                  What does Magic have to do with anything? he's nothing like Magic. Just because Scottie is 6'9 and can handle the ball doesn't mean he's Magic.

The player that I compared him to last year back when everyone was mad that the Raps took him 4th overall was Scottie Pippen -- and I stand by that. Pip's a point forward, great defender, can handle the ball, very athletic. Offensively he's ok, he found ways to get his points just like Barnes did last year. The key for Barnes is he gotta develop a consistent jump shot.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

What does Magic have to do with anything? he's nothing like Magic. Just because Scottie is 6'9 and can handle the ball doesn't mean he's Magic.

The player that I compared him to last year back when everyone was mad that the Raps took him 4th overall was Scottie Pippen -- and I stand by that. Pip's a point forward, great defender, can handle the ball, very athletic. Offensively he's ok, he found ways to get his points just like Barnes did last year. The key for Barnes is he gotta develop a consistent jump shot.
                    I see Scottie more as a rich man Lamar Odom without the psychological & addiction issues that prevented Odom from really getting to the next level.

Comment

have you looked at tape of magic and him? I mean even Magic said so....

Why do you not believe he is a point guard given that is how he sees himself and that is hte position he played all throughout collect usa basketball and in high school?

He also said in his first or second interview that Magic influenced his style because he grew up watching magic tapes with his
                      dad.

Scotties defence is not quite at the level or remotely close to Pippens:

Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sat Jul 30, 2022, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I see Scottie more as a rich man Lamar Odom without the psychological & addiction issues that prevented Odom from really getting to the next level.
                        I always thought that description fit siakam more. I do see it though a bit.

Comment

I always thought that description fit siakam more. I do see it though a bit.
                          Odom was really good , could shoot the 3, could play solid d, collected 9 to 10 rebounds a game & had high assists ratio. He just couldn't get to the next level & was more or less the player he was in his rookie year. I don't think some players 15-20 years ago took the offseason as seriously as they do today.

Odom Was really under appreciated & under utilized back than. Would have been an All-Star on certain teams today if he had the work ethic to work more diligently in the off-season with coaches.

Comment

have you looked at tape of magic and him? I mean even Magic said so....

Why do you not believe he is a point guard given that is how he sees himself and that is hte position he played all throughout collect usa basketball and in high school?

He also said in his first or second interview that Magic influenced his style because he grew up watching magic tapes with his dad.
                            Just because Magic said so doesn't mean it's true. He's probably just being nice. Dirk Nowitzki back in 2006 said that Bargnani reminds him of himself. He said the same thing with Porzingis a few years ago.. We all know how those comp turned out.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

He needs to be different than anything we have seen giannis and magic are the two I would look towards
                              Are you kidding. Lol
                              What's wrong with having a consistent post up and midrange game?
                              Everyone needs reliable go-to moves.

Sometimes you don't think realistically, bro.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Are you kidding. Lol
                                What's wrong with having a consistent post up and midrange game?
                                Everyone needs reliable go-to moves.

Sometimes you don't think realistically, bro.
                                I didn't say he can't have a post up and mid range game. I am saying that it isn't how he will dominate because he does EVERYTHING well.

But first and foremost his handle needs to improve and his shooting need to improve. he technically already has a decent midrange game.

Comment

Working...
                                X