Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Just because Magic said so doesn't mean it's true. He's probably just being nice. Dirk Nowitzki back in 2006 said that Bargnani reminds him of himself. He said the same thing with Porzingis a few years ago.. We all know how those comp turned out.
    zingus got hurt so thats not really fair. and there is a big problem with players over 7'3 and staying health and relevant for their entire career.

Regarding Magic.... and where this started. Why can't he be a point guard? You still haven't answered the question. Is it because you haven't seen it before?

Why in your mind can you not see him as that
    ?
    Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sat Jul 30, 2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i can't fuckin wait for next year

the bold sounds like a dude who used to play here
      It's the off season and there isn't a lot of Raps content, and what little there is probably gets scrutinized a bit too much. HOWEVER, it's interesting they mentioned Scottie is working on his mid-post turnarounds. I'm anticipating a lot of action between Pascal and Scottie this season. Pascal either takes his man off the dribble from the perimeter or passes it down to Scottie in the mid-post area. Scottie either backs down the smaller defender and makes a play for himself or finds the open shooter/cutter sort of how Gasol use to do. It looks like a lot of the offense may flow through Scottie this season which is what a lot of fans have been asking for.

Comment

• It begins

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          It begins

Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            It begins

My 6'10 PG? I see a guy creating his own shot.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

My 6'10 PG? I see a guy creating his own shot.
              Is this one of the hills you plan to die on?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Is this one of the hills you plan to die on?
                Yep. Not a PG.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yep. Not a PG.
                  No, but a point forward and I will take that!
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• There will be no positions when Masai is done, just a team full of big versatile players

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

No, but a point forward and I will take that!
                      He is a point forward.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Regarding Magic.... and where this started. Why can't he be a point guard? You still haven't answered the question. Is it because you haven't seen it before?

Why in your mind can you not see him as that
                        ?
                        Because they don't need him to be a PG and that he doesn't play like a PG? Just because he's 6'9 and that he loves the no-look Magic pass doesn't mean he's a PG. I watched about 70 Raps games last year and everytime I watch him play I always go back to my player comp last year which is Scottie Pippen(who is a point forward btw). Now, he's not as good a defender as Pip, Pip is arguably the greatest perimeter defender of all time but I think Barnes has potential to be a better offensive player than Pippen.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Because they don't need him to be a PG and that he doesn't play like a PG? Just because he's 6'9 and that he loves the no-look Magic pass doesn't mean he's a PG. I watched about 70 Raps games last year and everytime I watch him play I always go back to my player comp last year which is Scottie Pippen(who is a point forward btw). Now, he's not as good a defender as Pip, Pip is arguably the greatest perimeter defender of all time but I think Barnes has potential to be a better offensive player than Pippen.
                          I like that comparison, it's not spot on but there are similarities. Could add guys like Lamar Odom, Chris Webber, Larry Bird, Grant Hill and Kawhi Leonard to the list. He shoots worse than some, handles the ball better than others, but there are some similarities. He can be trusted to handle the ball on the break and make the right play, drive draw and dish, and to keep the ball moving in the half court. Can he be trusted to bring the ball up vs. pressure all game and run pick and roll effectively, not yet. Thus his role as a point forward suits him well.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• its happening:

Scottie Barnes Has Been Preparing for More 'Point Scottie' Next Season, His Trainer Explains

https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...rce=reddit.com

The Raptors narrowly outscored their opponents in 662 regular season possessions with Barnes on the court without a traditional guard,

They've been in the gym working to fine-tune Barnes' handles, decision-making, and his half-court attack. To Macon, moving Barnes to the point guard spot shouldn't just be a wrinkle in Toronto's attack, it should be a focal point.

"It'll take a lot of wear and tear off of Fred having to handle the ball so much, and it’ll allow him to do what he does really well and that's score, come off actions, and look to shoot, shoot the ball," said Macon, acknowledging VanVleet's 43.3% clip on catch-and-shoot three-pointers last season.

Comment

He is a point forward.
                              A bigger Kawhi... with playmaking.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X