Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    I know the competition isn't NBA caliber but still damn. If he can create his own shot, pull up off the dribble, fadeaway, midrange etc in his SECOND year? then we really have a superstar in the making. Remember one "draft expert" last year called him a zero level scorer.

He did show glimpses of it last season. The stepback 3 over KD, his mid range game was surprising and there were periods of time where he shot the 3 ball consistently.

Lets see how much he improves in those aspects.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      I know the competition isn't NBA caliber but still damn. If he can create his own shot, pull up off the dribble, fadeaway, midrange etc in his SECOND year? then we really have a superstar in the making. Remember one "draft expert" last year called him a zero level scorer.

Letting Kuzma blow by him like that

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/...g9wp5yjxdlyhno

Shortly after the video of Barnes defending Harden went viral, so did one of Harden praising the Raptors forward for setting the tone.

"I just like the competitive spirit, man," Harden said. "I just like the competitive spirit that's going on in here, like Scottie picking me up full court. It's pick-up in the first week of August? You've got that mindset of just be a dog. Everybody should have that mindset, especially if you want to get paid and take care of your family.

"I love the work, man. We haven't had pick-up in a couple of years. It's good to be back in the gym and competing. For real. I'm proud of y'all, man."
        Loved by fans, loved by the media & respected by NBA superstars. We got ourselves a real gem.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/...g9wp5yjxdlyhno

Loved by fans, loved by the media & respected by NBA superstars. We got ourselves a real gem.
          Scottie is our gateway to bringing in super teams into Toronto. Eventually he'll convince guys like Green, Suggs, Cade and hopefully Mobley that this is the place to be at.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Scottie is our gateway to bringing in super teams into Toronto. Eventually he'll convince guys like Green, Suggs, Cade and hopefully Mobley that this is the place to be at.
            Yep, I agree with this.

Giannis has been able to bring more talent into Milwaukee, and Milwaukee is a racist shit hole that is just as cold as Toronto.

Imagine what Scottie can do with Toronto.

I wouldn't focus on his draft class though. Those guys are basically locked up for 7 years. I'd focus on guys coming into UFA.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yep, I agree with this.

Giannis has been able to bring more talent into Milwaukee, and Milwaukee is a racist shit hole that is just as cold as Toronto.

Imagine what Scottie can do with Toronto.

I wouldn't focus on his draft class though. Those guys are basically locked up for 7 years. I'd focus on guys coming into UFA.
              Let's hope Scottie is as loyal as Giannis first.

Comment

• Judging by the recent highlights, Scottie is going to enter all 3 competitions in the ALL STAR game in 6 months: Skills, Dunk and 3 pointer.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Let's hope Scottie is as loyal as Giannis first.
                  does he strike you as not?

Comment

He is here for the next 6 years, I think its way to early to ask that question. Be happy & enjoy it for now.

Comment

Nope, I think he is loyal.
                      But he is an American, unlike Giannis.
                      As long as the Raps take really good care of him, he can probably be staying for life.
                      DeMar and Kyle loved it here, and hopefully Scottie doesn't have an Uncle Dennis.
                      Last edited by Kagemusha; Thu Aug 11, 2022, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• It is great getting all of this early summer footage of Scotty, but I got to wondering. How many summer runs has he been at already? Is this his agent blowing up his brand? I mean, winning Rookie of the Year opens the door to some endorsement money. Showing at these summer pickup games and looking outrageously good will drag a ton of folks into your circle of influence, and then the dollars start rolling in. Going to attract additional fans to the #raptors brand. Can't hurt long term.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfhyPYE9WS0

Scottie started a youtube channel, enjoy!

Also: How do I embed youtube vids?
                          Last edited by GinobilisBaldSpot; Fri Aug 12, 2022, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

Wow, that 3 is looking sweeeet.
                            Scottie is gonna explode this year!
                            Last edited by Kagemusha; Thu Aug 11, 2022, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfhyPYE9WS0

just copy past the URL and then click the video button and paste.

Comment

• Like this

Alternatively you have the video URL in the middle of

[#video][#/video]

remove the hashtags

Comment

Working...
                                X