Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I just have this positive feeling everytime Scottie leads the team.
    He can do just basically anything on the floor. IF and when he sets his mind to it.
    I hate it when he gives the ball up (esp to Fred) immediately after he crosses the half court, what's the point?
    I already pointed out this specific dynamic in the game thread.

He is like that pup seeking approval from the more mature older dog… and Pascal ain’t immune to it either (moments in the game he defer to VanVleet) which is more crazier because they are of the same timeline but more importantly Pascal as talented as he is….is more than capable to be the lead dog.

Comment

• I love the quote from Nick last night. To paraphrase, Scottie was the defensive centre last game against the sixers and was the point guard tonight

Comment

I think he is a PG
        Ben Simmons failed to reach the lofty goals that was placed on him after his rookie campaign & Scottie looks to be the guy that will meet them.

Some fans were panicking cause "Scottie not scoring as much" boo hoo. What they fail to grasp is that this is another development year for Scottie where he is still improving & experimenting on his inside & outside game. Once he figures that out you are really gonna get a special player that could be a triple double machine with little weakness as possible.

Comment

I think he is a PG
          you just realized after lowry said, he said, david thorpe, the coaching staff.... after he has been a point guard his whole life..?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

you just realized after lowry said, he said, david thorpe, the coaching staff.... after he has been a point guard his whole life..?
            Lol
            of course he is a PG
            But let us hope that Nick continues to trust him in that role

Comment

Lol
              of course he is a PG
              He's a second year player on a playoff team. He's starting. He's been tasked with bringing the ball up and initiating the offence, even with Fred on the floor (obviously not every time). What more do you want from Nurse? To send all our starters to the bench so Scottie can be the alpha?

Typically your high draft picks are on bad teams. They get to be the "guy" from day one. Scottie didn't come into that situation. Frankly I don't want to be in that situation. He's been given the keys, he just has to share the car with his teammates.

Comment

Lol
                of course he is a PG
                last time I checked he said he was at the start of the season unless you are thinking nurse is lying.. and last time I checked FVV has been in an off ball role for most games for the majority of the season.

as shredder was alluding to its a ride share type of situation... and that is just fine.. he will be given the keys fully at some point but not yet in an unrestricted manner but by next year probably... some patience is required here

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post

He's a second year player on a playoff team. He's starting. He's been tasked with bringing the ball up and initiating the offence, even with Fred on the floor (obviously not every time). What more do you want from Nurse? To send all our starters to the bench so Scottie can be the alpha?

Typically your high draft picks are on bad teams. They get to be the "guy" from day one. Scottie didn't come into that situation. Frankly I don't want to be in that situation. He's been given the keys, he just has to share the car with his teammates.
                  Being a PG doesn't equate to being the alpha, come on now.
                  All we want to see is Scottie taking on that role.
                  Why do people assume that he will be THE guy when he takes over that position?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

last time I checked he said he was at the start of the season unless you are thinking nurse is lying.. and last time I checked FVV has been in an off ball role for most games for the majority of the season.

as shredder was alluding to its a ride share type of situation... and that is just fine.. he will be given the keys fully at some point but not yet in an unrestricted manner but by next year probably... some patience is required here
                    Last time Fred was on the court with him, he was still the PG

Comment

By what measure?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scottie tends to be tied to Mobley with comparisons but his skill set is kind of similar to Cade with both guys having good PG skills. The Cade comparison should be more amplified as Scotties works on his offense.

Comment

no fred was off ball more but yes he sometimes shares those duties

Comment

• Why are we still talking about positions again?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Why are we still talking about positions again?
                              because people are still stick in the past

Comment

• Scottie is a PG.
                                Let this kid become special, he needs the ball in his hands.
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X