• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• with the two top dogs out,
    This is Scottie's team now.

Show em, kid!

Comment

• The most frustrating part about tonight's game was Scottie's play. He refuses to take charge. He's way way way too passive. 9 shots? 5 points? He gotta be more aggressive especially with Siakam injured. He gotta know that. Nurse doesn't have to tell him that. I was waiting for him to do something in the 3rd but instead of making something happen he just ran up and down the floor and.......that's all he did. Ran up and down the floor.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think something is still bothering him.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          The most frustrating part about tonight's game was Scottie's play. He refuses to take charge. He's way way way too passive. 9 shots? 5 points? He gotta be more aggressive especially with Siakam injured. He gotta know that. Nurse doesn't have to tell him that. I was waiting for him to do something in the 3rd but instead of making something happen he just ran up and down the floor and.......that's all he did. Ran up and down the floor.
          He IS attacking. But like last night, they put a small guard on Scottie and they had Vuc lurking on the drive to contest in the lane. He can’t beat guys off the dribble consistently yet, and doesn’t have the craft/touch to finish softly on the move.

Scottie is already over exceeding expectations, but teams are ready for him this year and like everyone else, he benefits from Pascal’s gravity. Until he develops a consistent mid- range pull-up, it’s going to be tough for him to score. Bottom line: he’s just not good enough yet.

Nurse doesn’t do the team any favours on offense either, by letting guys go mostly 1-on-1 without much ball/man movement.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            The most frustrating part about tonight's game was Scottie's play. He refuses to take charge. He's way way way too passive. 9 shots? 5 points? He gotta be more aggressive especially with Siakam injured. He gotta know that. Nurse doesn't have to tell him that. I was waiting for him to do something in the 3rd but instead of making something happen he just ran up and down the floor and.......that's all he did. Ran up and down the floor.
            Ankles are still messed up, he has no explosiveness or lateral quicks.
            His vicious dunk was worth the price of admission though.

Too many passengers except Freddy last night. Precious is particularly bothersome, he's MIA

Comment

• There should be a balance that is needing to be discussed when Pascal is back and healthy.

Its quiet obvious that Scottie plays freely, limping or not limping when he has sole ownership of the point guard duties.
              Pascal as the secondary initiator but More of the Main recipient of passes from Scottie.

It cannot be denied that VanVleet having an alpha dog mentality, the sophomore basically defer more than he should.

I already mentioned this before and many times, Pascal is also a victim of passivity with VanVleet is around.

This is more of a reality than negative criticism of the game of VanVleet. He is a take charge guy. If you lag behind, he will eat that cake whole in one seating.

So letting loose Scottie has to be address eventually.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                There should be a balance that is needing to be discussed when Pascal is back and healthy.

Its quiet obvious that Scottie plays freely, limping or not limping when he has sole ownership of the point guard duties.
                Pascal as the secondary initiator but More of the Main recipient of passes from Scottie.

It cannot be denied that VanVleet having an alpha dog mentality, the sophomore basically defer more than he should.

I already mentioned this before and many times, Pascal is also a victim of passivity with VanVleet is around.

This is more of a reality than negative criticism of the game of VanVleet. He is a take charge guy. If you lag behind, he will eat that cake whole in one seating.

Did you... miss the game before Fred came back where Scottie was completely invisible most of the night? His aggressiveness is something he needs to work on, no matter who he is playing beside. Doesn't matter who you take off the floor if he doesn't overcome his sometimes pensive approach.

Scottie making that leap is where he becomes a star. Spoonfeeding him the usage is probably not the way to go, if he's going back into his shell when he shares the floor with anyone who can dribble. Give me Scottie seeing himself earn high usage playing beside good players. That's how you develop a star mentality, not hiding from capable teammates.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  There should be a balance that is needing to be discussed when Pascal is back and healthy.

DanH wrote: View Post

Did you... miss the game before Fred came back where Scottie was completely invisible most of the night? His aggressiveness is something he needs to work on, no matter who he is playing beside. Doesn't matter who you take off the floor if he doesn't overcome his sometimes pensive approach.

Scottie making that leap is where he becomes a star. Spoonfeeding him the usage is probably not the way to go, if he's going back into his shell when he shares the floor with anyone who can dribble. Give me Scottie seeing himself earn high usage playing beside good players. That's how you develop a star mentality, not hiding from capable teammates.
                  I bolded it for you because I already sense that your beginning to get irritated and starting to dig another rabbit hole when the name of VanVleet is mentioned especially an opinion that does not align with yours.

Yes but I watched the games against Atlanta, did you? with Scottie had to stop Trae Young and on the other side of the court, having to involved others most especially the no.1 option of this team. Pascal is a totally different player than VanVleet in terms of how they approach the game, so the dynamics between Scottie and Pascal is not the same between Scottie and Fred.
                  Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Tue Nov 8, 2022, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Somethings wrong. One offensive board in his reach he didnt even jump for then went down the court and didnt contest a corner 3!with any jump

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                      Somethings wrong. One offensive board in his reach he didnt even jump for then went down the court and didnt contest a corner 3!with any jump
                      He hurt his ankle against the Heat a few games back and is playing through it. They should be sitting him, and let the losses pile if they must. He can be a bit of a liability when he's not at 100%.. but that's not a knock on him.. Most guys aren't great when they are hurt (see Fred against Philly).

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

He doesn't need to be spoonfed though. The usage is there for the taking. He's injured though so that might have as much to do with his lack of aggression as anything. If pascal was healthy, my guess is Scottie would have some time off.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

He doesn't need to be spoonfed though. The usage is there for the taking. He's injured though so that might have as much to do with his lack of aggression as anything. If pascal was healthy, my guess is Scottie would have some time off.
                          I 100% agree. He needs to be stepping up into that role regardless of who else is on the floor.

I think if Scottie needs some time off, they should give it to him even if Pascal is hurt.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I 100% agree. He needs to be stepping up into that role regardless of who else is on the floor.

I think if Scottie needs some time off, they should give it to him even if Pascal is hurt.
                            Yes they should. Unfortunately, this team is not much to talk about without 2 of scottie, Fred and pascal on the floor, and right now, Pascal is more injured then the other 2.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Yes they should. Unfortunately, this team is not much to talk about without 2 of scottie, Fred and pascal on the floor, and right now, Pascal is more injured then the other 2.
                              Yup.. I was trying to hammer home how important it was for the team to get another ball handler in the off season. And they didn't and now we're here.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yup.. I was trying to hammer home how important it was for the team to get another ball handler in the off season. And they didn't and now we're here.
                                Yeah wasn't so obvious to me because I expected both Flynn and banton to be better, but neither gets enough burn so how can they?

Comment

Working...
                                X