Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

I don't think Jevon Carter is better than Banton, so we're truly splitting hairs here. There is no way we're a noticeably better team with Carter instead of Banton.
    Whether he is better or not is moot.. Banton is not playing very much. Malachi is playing even less. That's the problem. Get Nurse guys he'll actually play to help save us from injuries and over playing Pascal, Fred and Scottie.

Comment

• Jevon Carter can defend the hell out of the ball, but he isn't a shooter or any type of scorer.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Banton is averaging 8mpg. Nurse doesn't like him very much. So sure let's develop our guys. Nurse doesn't want to though. You have to help Nurse help himself. I don't really know what he likes, but he doesn't like Banton or Flynn. I mean he liked McCaw for some reason or another (likely because he didn't turn the ball over). But the problem is he doesn't want to play our young kids.

So Bobby should have gotten him a vet or a different type of player that he would use. It's not sustainable to rely on only Pascal, Fred and Scottie as our only ball handlers. And it becomes apparent when one of the three are injured.
        I think it's perfectly sustainable to rely on those three.

And when injuries hit, have to play more guys. Part of that is insisting on injured players not playing.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think it's perfectly sustainable to rely on those three.

And when injuries hit, have to play more guys. Part of that is insisting on injured players not playing.
          If the coach doesn't trust the guys that are on the bench that can play the same role as the guys that are hurt, he's going to continue to play the guys that are hurt more. That's part of the depth problem. Nurse doesn't want to play his kids. And the front office should have known this going into the season.

If it's because the kids aren't ready then the team should have been supplemented with guys that are. If there is a miscommunication between the front office and the coach then that's a pretty big problem as well.

Comment

If the coach doesn't trust the guys that are on the bench that can play the same role as the guys that are hurt, he's going to continue to play the guys that are hurt more. That's part of the depth problem. Nurse doesn't want to play his kids. And the front office should have known this going into the season.

If it's because the kids aren't ready then the team should have been supplemented with guys that are. If there is a miscommunication between the front office and the coach then that's a pretty big problem as well.

Well my point is you can take that out of the coach's hands. Coach doesn't decide who is available to play. If guys are hurt, scratch them. Problem solved.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I agree with PM. We need someone to eat Fred's minutes. I don't even care if the guy gets cut out of the rotation come playoffs and fred plays 44 mins a night in May. I don't care if it's a vet that doesn't extend our long term ceiling.
              Fred was broken in the Philly series, we didn't get to play the playoffs as the team we saw all season.

I wanted a guard in the off season and thought maybe nurse and the FO saw enough out of Banton or Flynn to be the guy when we didn't get one.

But when we hit the 15 or 20 game mark of the season and neither of those 2 have cemented themselves in the rotation it's not going to happen for them. For Flynn it may be his first step out of the league. Banton still has a chance if he can improve his shooting. But right now id bet on both being out of the NBA in 3 years. Just get us an NBA skilled backup and the playoff success of this team improves.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Well my point is you can take that out of the coach's hands. Coach doesn't decide who is available to play. If guys are hurt, scratch them. Problem solved.
                Okay sure.. good strategy. Why don't they do that then?

Comment

Okay sure.. good strategy. Why don't they do that then?
                  I don't know. There are lots of things they do that I don't have an explanation for.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Is the issue Nurse doesn't play Flynn and Banton or that Fred is playing too many minutes? Hes' averaging 37 minutes a game right now which isn't crazy I don't think.

Comment

Whether he is better or not is moot.. Banton is not playing very much. Malachi is playing even less. That's the problem. Get Nurse guys he'll actually play to help save us from injuries and over playing Pascal, Fred and Scottie.
                      Guys Nurse will actually play aren't on minimum deals and want guaranteed minutes. We couldn't offer anything above minimum after signing Otto, and we don't have any readily available minutes either, only when guys are hurt.

The only available solution is what Dan said, list the injured guys as inactive and let Nurse work with what's left.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        I agree with PM. We need someone to eat Fred's minutes. I don't even care if the guy gets cut out of the rotation come playoffs and fred plays 44 mins a night in May. I don't care if it's a vet that doesn't extend our long term ceiling.
                        Fred was broken in the Philly series, we didn't get to play the playoffs as the team we saw all season.

I wanted a guard in the off season and thought maybe nurse and the FO saw enough out of Banton or Flynn to be the guy when we didn't get one.

But when we hit the 15 or 20 game mark of the season and neither of those 2 have cemented themselves in the rotation it's not going to happen for them. For Flynn it may be his first step out of the league. Banton still has a chance if he can improve his shooting. But right now id bet on both being out of the NBA in 3 years. Just get us an NBA skilled backup and the playoff success of this team improves.
                        I really don't get this. On the year, Scottie has had roughly the same net rating overall as with Pascal and with Fred. Pascal has a better overall net rating than with Scottie or Fred. Fred's the one that can't carry away from the other two. So just play one of the other two when you rest Fred and it's fine.

When one of the three is hurt, it hurts. Because you need Fred playing with one of the other two to maximize his effectiveness, and you need that guy to also buoy the bench lineups. But adding guard depth wouldn't have changed that. It's not resting Fred that hurts us, it's having only two of Pascal/Scottie, and adding a third of those is not easy.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

And this is another issue.
                          who decides when a players sits- Nurse, management, or the player himself?
                          We see time and again how a clearly injured player plays, coz Nick would say said player told him he can go...
                          and then player aggravates the injury further.

Comment

I really don't get this. On the year, Scottie has had roughly the same net rating overall as with Pascal and with Fred. Pascal has a better overall net rating than with Scottie or Fred. Fred's the one that can't carry away from the other two. So just play one of the other two when you rest Fred and it's fine.

When one of the three is hurt, it hurts. Because you need Fred playing with one of the other two to maximize his effectiveness, and you need that guy to also buoy the bench lineups. But adding guard depth wouldn't have changed that. It's not resting Fred that hurts us, it's having only two of Pascal/Scottie, and adding a third of those is not easy.
                            My point is i would rather have 5 less wins and a healthy fred in the playoffs. Fred is a disciple of Lowry. Do you not remember all the years of Kyle playing hurt and then being spent in the playoffs? Fred is going down that same path.
                            Its not about net rating and on off.. it about fred playing himself into the ground on a useless February night vs the magic. That's where guard depth helps. And if Scottie has the same approach we are going to have the same problem.
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

My point is i would rather have 5 less wins and a healthy fred in the playoffs. Fred is a disciple of Lowry. Do you not remember all the years of Kyle playing hurt and then being spent in the playoffs? Fred is going down that same path.
                              Its not about net rating and on off.. it about fred playing himself into the ground on a useless February night vs the magic. That's where guard depth helps. And if Scottie has the same approach we are going to have the same problem.
                              I mean, sure, but we could also have none less wins and Fred healthy, with some smart rotations. Solutions to decrease Fred's minutes are right there, very available. If Nick won't use them, who's to say he would use a different solution to Fred's minutes if that was also available?
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Jevon Carter can defend the hell out of the ball, but he isn't a shooter or any type of scorer.
                                He can also apparently score 36 points in a win too.

Comment

Working...
                                X