Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

He can also apparently score 36 points in a win too.
    He must have heard me lol. He had 2 points the previous game too.

Comment

• There should be no excuses..
      Siakim, Achiuwa, Byrch all out..his gotta bring it.
      I've been very disappointed with his play, honestly. His better than this.
      I feel like he took step back..
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
        There should be no excuses..
        Siakim, Achiuwa, Byrch all out..his gotta bring it.
        I've been very disappointed with his play, honestly. His better than this.
        I feel like he took step back..
        overall he looks like he made some refinements to his game but it isn't all translating.. I maintain what I said earlier form last year.. it will take around 2-3 years for you to see the shot look consistent. He will have flashes though. They do need to give him more opportunity but also it is on him to both create that and be a bit more aggressive. He has 16 shots last game for example but only had 13 points.. meaning he isn't shooting well and isn't getting to the line which is a function of his aggressiveness. it could be the ankle but I think that is a bit to easy of an excuse. He will be fine but ideally this is the time where he steps up his play

Comment

• In my opinion, this is another JV situation. He totally got held back in the first 6 years of his career. I am not saying that the career trajectory of JV could be the trajectory of Scottie nor I am saying that they have the same skillset but JV played very well beside a player who is more than willing to make him better like a Kyle Lowry or Ja Morant.

*** I see Pascal’s approach of the game like Lowry ***

But Now JV is back to where he started, playing alongside someone with same skillset as Derozan in CJ McCollum.

Scottie plays more engaged when he is with Pascal vs. a player like VanVleet.

If Masai is seriously expecting for Scottie to blossom and reach his full potential, they have to either force VanVleet to come off the bench when Pascal is back or consider trading VanVleet.

Last night’s game was like watching a rerun of a Raptors team with Derozan at the helm.

Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Thu Nov 10, 2022, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            In my opinion, this is another JV situation. He totally got held back in the first 6 years of his career. I am not saying that the career trajectory of JV could be the trajectory of Scottie nor I am saying that they have the same skillset but JV played very well beside a player who is more than willing to make him better like a Kyle Lowry or Ja Morant.

But Now JV is back to where he started, playing alongside someone with same skillset as Derozan in CJ McCollum.

If Masai is seriously expecting for Scottie to blossom and reach his full potential, they have to either force VanVleet to come off the bench when Pascal is back or consider trading VanVleet.

Last night’s game was like watching a rerun of a Raptors team with Derozan at the helm.
            can you elaborate on this I have never discussed this but I see similarities between the two but curious if you can elaborate.

I have a friend who thinks its all siakam's fault

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

can you elaborate on this I have never discussed this but I see similarities between the two but curious if you can elaborate.

Siakam's fault he is playing like a top 10 player?

Comment

This is why Nick always implores for Scottie to be assertive.
                Don't rely on Pascal , or anyone else.
                Be a bit more selfish, like Giannis.
                Look for his own shot.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  In my opinion, this is another JV situation. He totally got held back in the first 6 years of his career. I am not saying that the career trajectory of JV could be the trajectory of Scottie nor I am saying that they have the same skillset but JV played very well beside a player who is more than willing to make him better like a Kyle Lowry or Ja Morant.

I mean, Barnes has better numbers with FVV than without him. This was true last year and is true so far this season. This narrative of blaming other players when Barnes doesn't do exactly what people want is ridiculous.

Barnes has played < 100 games in the league. He is still a very young player adjusting to pro ball, new systems, and opponents who are scouting him and know all his tendencies. He has almost all the skills and just needs time to put it all together. Have some bloody patience.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I mean, Barnes has better numbers with FVV than without him. This was true last year and is true so far this season. This narrative of blaming other players when Barnes doesn't do exactly what people want is ridiculous.

Barnes has played < 100 games in the league. He is still a very young player adjusting to pro ball, new systems, and opponents who are scouting him and know all his tendencies. He has almost all the skills and just needs time to put it all together. Have some bloody patience.
                    Bingo, and he is also playing on a bum ankle. And also needs to be more aggressive, which is tough when you're trying to protect an injury. I can't see it being some other players fault he hasn't progressed according to expectations.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Bingo, and he is also playing on a bum ankle. And also needs to be more aggressive, which is tough when you're trying to protect an injury. I can't see it being some other players fault he hasn't progressed according to expectations.
                      It's ridiculous. And an especially strange criticism after last night where he took 16 shots, which is more than in any other game this season but one. He hasn't scored much the last few games cause he's shot the ball poorly.

Everyone is aware Barnes could be more aggressive looking to score in certain situations but that's something that will come with time.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It's ridiculous. And an especially strange criticism after last night where he took 16 shots, which is more than in any other game this season but one. He hasn't scored much the last few games cause he's shot the ball poorly.

Everyone is aware Barnes could be more aggressive looking to score in certain situations but that's something that will come with time.
                        My main criticism of his play is his jump shooting. I think he's taking too many, or at least, too many relative to his total number of shots. He needs to be in the paint more. I don't have stats to back that up mind you, so I might be talking out my ass. A 3pt shot is great and all, but he has all the tools to dominate in the paint so I'd like to see more of that and then worry about the distance shooting later. I am forgiving however, because Scottie is an unselfish playmaker, team 1st type of player and its impossible to say how his ankle might be affecting his play.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Siakam's fault he is playing like a top 10 player?
                          my friend doesn't believe he is playing like a top 10 player he feels as though siakam is a selfish player and he is getting in the way of his development in favor of personal gain or goals.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

This is why Nick always implores for Scottie to be assertive.
                            Don't rely on Pascal , or anyone else.
                            Be a bit more selfish, like Giannis.
                            Look for his own shot.
                            giannis isn't selfish though.. you can be assertive and not selfish... I mean scottie had 16 shots last game.. i dont htink the shot totals matter what matters is a few things.. the amount he attacks and the amount he is handling the ball to initiate the offence..

Comment

• Well..u do notice the difference in Raptors when Freddy is in the game and when he isn't. When Freddy plays, it's more half court game, very slow.
                              Raptors run more without him, which suits Barnes more. I don't know, this is more on Barnes, his gotta bring it, his not a rook anymore.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

my friend doesn't believe he is playing like a top 10 player he feels as though siakam is a selfish player and he is getting in the way of his development in favor of personal gain or goals.
                                A combination of averaging 26, 9 and 7, beating some solid teams early on, not being a top 10 player and being selfish is an interesting take.

Comment

Working...
                                X