No announcement yet.

Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There have been numerous games this season where scottie just hasn't shown up to play. The effort level and focus just wasn't there. Why that is is anybody's guess. As per Chris, his home and away splits are stark and I would imagine most if not all of the those poor effort games come on the road. We need scottie to be better than last season. I hope he figures this out soon cause he is a very important part of this teams future regardless of how the season goes.

Unless, of course, they decide to trade everyone but pascal and OG and retool around those two. I doubt that happens but they are the only 2 players that have played well this season, or have actually improved.

Comment

• Small sample but scottie had great number when fred was out

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        Small sample but scottie had great number when fred was out
        fred and scottie also arguably had their two best games of the season concurrently

Comment

• Pussycat Scottie...
          Bc that's what he is a big p^%$..
          We won, but I'm still mad..
          U guys know, I'm not fan of Nameless 23..
          but damn, Scottie is really p%%%ing me off lately..
          I can blame the coach, the players he plays with..but damn..guy, u gonna play Playboy or u gonna party with Masai every night..
          U starting 2 irritate me, I'll back u hommie, but if u continue 2 play like this, uninspiring.....it's gonna get interesting.
          U don't want 2 be on the Doctors list, u better bring your s$%t, enough.
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Scottie's 1 minute in the 4th last night was a disaster.

1. Out of control closeout ends in a Quickley 3.

2. Doesn't box out Randle.

The Knicks scored 5 straight points with him on the floor. I get what Nick was doing, he was buying OG some time but that 1 minute got the Knicks back in the game.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Scottie's 1 minute in the 4th last night was a disaster.

The Knicks scored 5 straight points with him on the floor. I get what Nick was doing, he was buying OG some time but that 1 minute got the Knicks back in the game.
              Considering the main criticism of Nurse is him running his starters into the ground (OG played 36 minutes, Pascal 41 and FVV 40)
              what ya gonna do?

Players like Barnes, Boucher, Thad gotta step up.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Scottie's 1 minute in the 4th last night was a disaster.

He was cold. What can you expect.

Comment

• Watched repeat of the game its like scottie is on the take

Comment

• I hope people aren't turning on Scottie. He's having a down year.. and his road numbers are really bad.. but overall he's still an excellent prospect. I am not sure he ever becomes a savior.. and if the expectations are that high to begin with you are just going to be let down.

Tomorrow night will be a good test against the #3 pick in his draft class. He gets up for games against the Cavs. He likes that motivation. Hopefully we see a solid game from him. But even with a bad game against the Knicks he had a gorgeous pass to Fred in the first half.

The NBA is a grind. Once he becomes that professional that understands the grind he'll get better. He already has the natural instincts to be a top player in the league.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I hope people aren't turning on Scottie. He's having a down year.. and his road numbers are really bad.. but overall he's still an excellent prospect. I am not sure he ever becomes a savior.. and if the expectations are that high to begin with you are just going to be let down.

Tomorrow night will be a good test against the #3 pick in his draft class. He gets up for games against the Cavs. He likes that motivation. Hopefully we see a solid game from him. But even with a bad game against the Knicks he had a gorgeous pass to Fred in the first half.

The NBA is a grind. Once he becomes that professional that understands the grind he'll get better. He already has the natural instincts to be a top player in the league.

People need to give their heads a shake if they are turning on him. He exceeded expectations last season. This season, only difference is the consistency isn't there. His highs are great and his lows are super low. He is in his second year, lets re-visit this topic in a year or 2.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I hope people aren't turning on Scottie. He's having a down year.. and his road numbers are really bad.. but overall he's still an excellent prospect. I am not sure he ever becomes a savior.. and if the expectations are that high to begin with you are just going to be let down.

Good point about Scottie getting accustomed to the grind. He's adjusting to training all off season, the constant interviews, media appearances and taking on a lot more responsibility on both sides of the ball. It's all about energy for Scottie and that is exactly what he's been missing. Once he learns to manage that, the focus should improve.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Good point about Scottie getting accustomed to the grind. He's adjusting to training all off season, the constant interviews, media appearances and taking on a lot more responsibility on both sides of the ball. It's all about energy for Scottie and that is exactly what he's been missing. Once he learns to manage that, the focus should improve.
                          That's just it though. It's not missing shots, it's not turnovers. It's the lack of effort at times. The lack of aggression, the poor defensive focus. All of which factor into his overall productivity and effectiveness on the floor. He didn't demonstrate any of that last season which is where the frustration stems from. The team needs him playing at a high level to be as good as it can. Hopefully, it's understanding the grind like you guys have pointed out that is the main issue, which will undoubtedly be alleviated with time. His drastic difference between home and away suggests what you guys are saying might be true. Hopefully you guys are right. This team cannot compete with the big guns in the league without Scottie taking a leap.

Comment

• Ya its the effort thats concerning. Maybe a maturity thing? See that post game interview of what he thought about coming off the bench? Its like dude be a pro like he must have seen it before thats where you say thats fine i just want to do whatever helps my team win (regardless of what you actually think). We all heard it a thousand times its easy - be a pro. His demeanour was bad I wanted to splash water on his face. But ya hes young

Comment

• If you listen to all of his ex teammates and coaches last year before the draft, they all said the same thing: he has an infectious personality, he's a guy that's going to give it all everytime he's on the court, he has terrific work ethic.

So what happened? where is that personality and energy? because he plays like he doesn't give a shit. And it's not a 1 or 2 game thing. He's played like this all year. That is what concerns me.

Last year there were even people comparing his work ethic to DeRozan. Barnes has not gotten any better this year. Siakam on the other hand? that's a guy who gets better every year. You can see it.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Considering the main criticism of Nurse is him running his starters into the ground (OG played 36 minutes, Pascal 41 and FVV 40)
                                what ya gonna do?

Players like Barnes, Boucher, Thad gotta step up.
                                What about not prioritize winning EVERY game though I guess we had to win last night and just let Scottie keep playing even after a whole bunch of mistakes. Players gotta feel secure to get the max out of them. FVV feel's that way but his max is not good enough, gotta get it going for everyone else!!

Not that Scottie gets pulled all the time, I think I mean more for Malachi and such.

JUST REALIZED THIS THOUGH. Does Scottie maybe not like NN??? Maybe Scottie's not being given as much trust or freedom as he feels he's earned this year and being told to "stay in the corner" like Dr Hannibal Lecter said on the Everything Nick Nurse thread.

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                                One game hasn't changed anything..
                                I agree with him for benching Barnes, but I don't agree how his using him..
                                Barnes is always stuck in the corner.
                                I watched the Knicks feed and they have better in close audio and u can't clearly hear Nick yell out not once but more times to Scottie to stay in the corner..it's tough 2 play for coach that doesn't care about development of young players.
                                I for one and maybe the only person here thinks he should be fired and getting rid of snake number 23 with him in the process.
                                This ain't going no where with these two clowns at helm..
                                That could be the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X