Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Smith typically doesn't usually criticize the Raptors much.. so I think this was mostly used as motivation. I think it worked though. He was great against the Cavs.

If one article is all it takes to get his game to come around.. well then I hope someone like Grange times his next Scottie piece perfectly. Maybe right before the playoffs
    I don't think Scottie needed any motivation from that tool.
    Masai and Nick are more than enough.

I put OG's return as the reason.
    Scottie loves to play with OG.

Comment

• I'm just gonna put this out there...but I feel like Scottie is still p#$%$ since that benching, I believe he was back stabbed by his coach who decided 2 go with his veterans and not him....this isn't first time where he just decides..u know what here, have your way and will c where it goes and he decides u know what let me show what could be if I'm the man at the end of the game and how game is different when I'm the facilitator, main guy.
      This reminds me of Kobe, Vince or Ray Allen in Boston, there is probably more, but can't remember..they'll prove a point and zone out and not play, it's not right..but these guys are great players and they got ego's 2 back it up and 2 say either u gonna back me or I'm just gonna coast.
      I don't how many times his done this..but u can c what's going on. This team is definitely devided...Veterans vs Young cats..
      This won't change until u decide which way 2 go all in or rebuild..time will tell, by Raptors record it's kind of obvious..but will c.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
        I'm just gonna put this out there...but I feel like Scottie is still p#$%$ since that benching, I believe he was back stabbed by his coach who decided 2 go with his veterans and not him....this isn't first time where he just decides..u know what here, have your way and will c where it goes and he decides u know what let me show what could be if I'm the man at the end of the game and how game is different when I'm the facilitator, main guy.
        This reminds me of Kobe, Vince or Ray Allen in Boston, there is probably more, but can't remember..they'll prove a point and zone out and not play, it's not right..but these guys are great players and they got ego's 2 back it up and 2 say either u gonna back me or I'm just gonna coast.
        I don't how many times his done this..but u can c what's going on. This team is definitely devided...Veterans vs Young cats..
        This won't change until u decide which way 2 go all in or rebuild..time will tell, by Raptors record it's kind of obvious..but will c.
        can you remind me of the kobe thing??

Comment

I'm just gonna put this out there...but I feel like Scottie is still p#$%$ since that benching, I believe he was back stabbed by his coach who decided 2 go with his veterans and not him....this isn't first time where he just decides..u know what here, have your way and will c where it goes and he decides u know what let me show what could be if I'm the man at the end of the game and how game is different when I'm the facilitator, main guy.
          I can see that angle.
          Imagine this kid playing the point all his basketball life, and someone who publicly professes his love for that position,
          and then being tasked to be the CENTER when he steps into the grandest stage, a position he didn't have experience with and against the tallest and strongest seasoned veta of the league.
          I would go fuck it too!
          Why would he not conserve his energy for the first 3 quarters?
          Oh, and on top of that he guards the quick switchy guards on defense.
          Great system, greaaaat coaching indeed.

The only reason he manages to stay relevant on offense is due to his talent.
          The coach is not setting plays for him,
          not in this no-structure, bet on yourself system.
          He needs to be aggressive (translation: selfish) so he can get his buckets.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I can see that angle.
            Imagine this kid playing the point all his basketball life, and someone who publicly professes his love for that position,
            and then being tasked to be the CENTER when he steps into the grandest stage, a position he didn't have experience with and against the tallest and strongest seasoned veta of the league.
            I would go fuck it too!
            Why would he not conserve his energy for the first 3 quarters?
            Oh, and on top of that he guards the quick switchy guards on defense.
            Great system, greaaaat coaching indeed.

The only reason he manages to stay relevant on offense is due to his talent.
            The coach is not setting plays for him,
            not in this no-structure, bet on yourself system.
            He needs to be aggressive (translation: selfish) so he can get his buckets.
            i dont think he needs to be selfish but don't be so unselfish you are missing opportunities

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i dont think he needs to be selfish but don't be so unselfish you are missing opportunities
              In Nick's system, being aggressive means being selfish.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                can you remind me of the kobe thing??
                Kobe vs Suns..when shaq left..before the championships with Gasol, odom, fisher
                I believe it was game 7 vs Suns..he didn't want 2 shoot..
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I don't know what is going on but, as I wrote in another thread, Barnes is way too smart a player to be 'confused' by players not guarding him only to score 19 points in 8 minutes or whatever. That doesn't compute. He's playing like this intentionally - whatever the reason may be.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I don't know what is going on but, as I wrote in another thread, Barnes is way too smart a player to be 'confused' by players not guarding him only to score 19 points in 8 minutes or whatever. That doesn't compute. He's playing like this intentionally - whatever the reason may be.
                    Yeah, clearly intentional. Scottie was taking it right into the chest of Brook Lopez and scoring at will, when even Pascal was afraid to attack him all game long.

Comment

He is conceding to the vets in the early parts of the game.
                      I don't know if that's coming from the coach, from the vets themselves, or on his own volition.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, clearly intentional. Scottie was taking it right into the chest of Brook Lopez and scoring at will, when even Pascal was afraid to attack him all game long.
                        Yet the media is all 'he's flummoxed' and 'he needs to figure it out'. I often wonder if they even watch the games or understand at all what they are seeing. The guy literally flipped a switch the last two games (and to a lesser extent has been doing it for weeks) and took over the offence. If you can do that in the fourth quarter, you can do it in the first. He's not "confused".

Comment

Yet the media is all 'he's flummoxed' and 'he needs to figure it out'. I often wonder if they even watch the games or understand at all what they are seeing. The guy literally flipped a switch the last two games (and to a lesser extent has been doing it for weeks) and took over the offence. If you can do that in the fourth quarter, you can do it in the first. He's not "confused".

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Kobe vs Suns..when shaq left..before the championships with Gasol, odom, fisher
                            I believe it was game 7 vs Suns..he didn't want 2 shoot..
                            ah thanks I didn't know it was against the suns I forgot about that

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

In Nick's system, being aggressive means being selfish.
                              that is pure speculation it may be possible but I doubt that is what nick wants when he says that

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X