Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

i definitely want the ball in scottie's hands the most as decision maker going forward, but a few teams have been trying to take away the first advantage CJ brought up (which is that the guys guarding him are not used to guarding primary ball handlers) recently. boston had pritchard pressure him in the backcourt the other night and made him very uncomfortable, and the kings did the same last night with mitchell to start the fourth quarter (scottie either gave it up immediately or the raptors didn't even inbound him the ball, having precious bring it up instead).

something to consider if they trade fred. still need a ball handler that can handle that kind of pressure.
    He will need to get used to that if he wants to play PG. Steve Nash used to tell a story about how when he started playing in college he couldn't even get the ball over halfcourt against the guys on his own team. He started playing PG in college so a lot of this stuff will take time.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

He will need to get used to that if he wants to play PG. Steve Nash used to tell a story about how when he started playing in college he couldn't even get the ball over halfcourt against the guys on his own team. He started playing PG in college so a lot of this stuff will take time.
      yeah long term i'm not worried about, it'll get better with reps. i'm just saying it's something to consider if this team plans on remaining competitive in the short term. different story if they go another route

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

yeah long term i'm not worried about, it'll get better with reps. i'm just saying it's something to consider if this team plans on remaining competitive in the short term. different story if they go another route
        I still think he’s better suited as a point forward but who knows. Thing is that he needs reps. Thousands of reps. It took Pascal 3 years to get comfortable in his current role.

Comment

• Not that we need a reminder but the "expected" 4th pick got called out in Lowe's 10 things today

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Not that we need a reminder but the "expected" 4th pick got called out in Lowe's 10 things today
            Mock consensus BPA…. for the win!

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Not that we need a reminder but the "expected" 4th pick got called out in Lowe's 10 things today
              I was calling out some of those same things prior to the draft. He doesn't shoot like Beal, isn't fast like AI, doesn't have pure PG skills like Haliburton and isn't a big guard like Kobe or Kawhi. Sort of a jack of all trades that doesn't specialize in anything. Hopefully he can find a way to leverage his overall abilities into some sort of mismatch on the court at some point in his career. Seems like a good kid.

Comment

• I thought Suggs had the "it" factor. He was also a really good defender and looked like a smart passer. Him not being able to shoot is a death sentence in today's NBA especially at the guard position. And why Fred looked like he didn't belong in the NBA for the first 35 or so games of the season.

Comment

• Thoughts?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Thoughts are that I don't get the Mobley love. He's a fine young player but guys like Barnes, Giddey, Cunningham and Wagner are all far more versatile players that can do a lot for their teams. Perhaps I'm undervaluing his defense cause I don't watch the Cavs much.

Comment

• Doug Smith at his best...lol..
                      This is why ppl Don't get basketball or don't understand..They listen 2 this s%$^ and judge bc someone who think is credible..
                      Sports Media in general...
                      Enjoy the Stupidity...

https://youtu.be/8I2yeSpkYZk
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Thoughts are that I don't get the Mobley love. He's a fine young player but guys like Barnes, Giddey, Cunningham and Wagner are all far more versatile players that can do a lot for their teams. Perhaps I'm undervaluing his defense cause I don't watch the Cavs much.
                        Mobley is looking more and more like he'll be an okay offensive player and a potential DPOY. Scottie, Giddey Cade and even Wagner look like they can be franchise level players. Scottie and Giddey may not be high level scorers, but they have the ability to control games with their scoring ability and playmaking. Wagner and Green look like they'll be terrific scorers. Cade is still the most talented of the bunch.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                          Doug Smith at his best...lol..
                          This is why ppl Don't get basketball or don't understand..They listen 2 this s%$^ and judge bc someone who think is credible..
                          Sports Media in general...
                          Enjoy the Stupidity...

https://youtu.be/8I2yeSpkYZk
                          Doug has been singing this tune all year, so obviously that's what he has heard from people he talks to in the organization. I don't know if much is 'wrong' with Barnes other than he's struggled at times as a second year player, which is not uncommon and everyone overreacted. Maybe there was stuff behind the scenes - I don't know.

I don't know who the one guy is but the question whether Siakam-Barnes can co-exist is absolutely a live issue cause it is true, I think, that the team reaches is peak when the ball is with Barnes but is that feasible with Pascal needing the ball as well?

The Chris Paul stuff is stupid. He's absolutely the last guy the Raptors need. And they don't need an Oakley - that old hand stuff doesn't work in the current NBA.

Comment

Doug has been singing this tune all year, so obviously that's what he has heard from people he talks to in the organization. I don't know if much is 'wrong' with Barnes other than he's struggled at times as a second year player, which is not uncommon and everyone overreacted. Maybe there was stuff behind the scenes - I don't know.

I don't know who the one guy is but the question whether Siakam-Barnes can co-exist is absolutely a live issue cause it is true, I think, that the team reaches is peak when the ball is with Barnes but is that feasible with Pascal needing the ball as well?

The Chris Paul stuff is stupid. He's absolutely the last guy the Raptors need. And they don't need an Oakley - that old hand stuff doesn't work in the current NBA.
                            Two players needing the ball definitely works. Its adding more such as Fred and OG is when it becomes an issue.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Two players needing the ball definitely works. Its adding more such as Fred and OG is when it becomes an issue.
                              There are definitely too many cooks and wannabe cooks in the Raptors kitchen.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Scottie doesn't need to carry the scoring load.
                                He is a guy that picks his spots, he can turn it on anytime but distributing is his priority.

Comment

Working...
                                X