Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

i'm not confused at all and understand what each statistic is. but if you lead your team in AST% it means you're assisting on the highest percentage of teammates buckets while you're on the floor (i.e. which you need to have the ball a lot to do, like a point guard). if you're leading the team in usage, it means you're leading the team in the sum of shots and turnovers while you're on the floor, which you also need the ball to do.

if you lead the team in both it means you have the ball A LOT.

i don't have the inclination to check but i'd be very surprised if any of the players you listed led their teams in both categories. that's reserved for uber heliocentric players like luka, houston harden, OKC westbrook, cavs lebron... i.e. the guys that make all the plays for their teams, both for themselves and their teammates.

but thanks for condescending as always golden and assuming the poster you're chatting with doesn't understand what they're talking about.
    lol. You're being overly sensitive, man. No foul was intended. Chill.

The missing stat here is probably ORTG. The best argument against Pascal is that his ORTG of 117 is only slightly above league average (114) which doesn't justify his superstar helio-centrism ala Luka, who is at a healthy 121 ORTG despite the both AST% and USG% being ridiculously high.

If Pascal's ORTG was 130, then we'd be having a different conversation. He was tracking at an ORTG above 120 up until January, but has now fallen off a cliff. Should we trade him? Sure, if we can get a good young prospect, cap relief and 4 unprotected picks.... sign me up. Especially from a team like SAC, who is bound to mess things up in the future.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

actually thats 7 of 13. i set it up incorrectly. supposed to be ROYS since 2010, not past 10 years. but i also think its not just the # who don't make it, but the actual players. just doesnt look great when you're in the company of tyreke evans, mcw, etc. but yep heres hoping year #3 is the larger leap.
      Noted. Doesn't change my view. Context matters. I don't know where Barnes eventually ends up as a player but he was never making the all star game this season as a #3-#5 option. Mobley is the same in Cleveland, though he plays a different role there, as a peripheral option.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

lol. You're being overly sensitive, man. No foul was intended. Chill.

The missing stat here is probably ORTG. The best argument against Pascal is that his ORTG of 117 is only slightly above league average (114) which doesn't justify his superstar helio-centrism ala Luka, who is at a healthy 121 ORTG despite the both AST% and USG% being ridiculously high.

If Pascal's ORTG was 130, then we'd be having a different conversation. He was tracking at an ORTG above 120 up until January, but has now fallen off a cliff. Should we trade him? Sure, if we can get a good young prospect, cap relief and 4 unprotected picks.... sign me up. Especially from a team like SAC, who is bound to mess things up in the future.
        apologies if that was overly sensitive, occasionally it seems like you assume other posters don't understand pretty basic things.

my point was pretty simple which is that if someone leads their team in AST% they are probably the primary playmaker and have the ball in their hands a lot, while a player who leads his team in usage is probably the primary scoring option (barring the rare bench gunner) who also has the ball a lot. a player who leads their team in both has the ball almost exclusively (with some exceptions i guess... i don't think of curry or jokic as particularly heliocentric, but they both lead their teams in each stat).

agree ORTG can tell us a lot more. if pascal's ORTG was 130 he'd be jokic, this team wouldn't suck, and we would be looking to add buy at the deadline.

i just think he's a poor fit with scottie for all the reasons already stated by myself and a few other posters, and that scottie needs to be the focus of this team going forward (who had an ORTG of 127 in janury btw! yes that will come down with increased usage but it's still absurd).

i don't know if we can get that kind of haul but it should be a pretty big one, on the order of 1-2 good young players and 3 + FRP's. maybe it makes sense to wait for the offseason rather than this deadline, i'll trust the front office on that one

Comment

• So, Mark Stein says Brooklyn is looking at Dinwiddie, plus picks, to Toronto for FVV. Make of it what you will.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            So, Mark Stein says Brooklyn is looking at Dinwiddie, plus picks, to Toronto for FVV. Make of it what you will.
            obviously depends on the picks but could make a lot of sense for both sides.

fred is a guy durant has said he has a lot of respect for

Comment

So, Mark Stein says Brooklyn is looking at Dinwiddie, plus picks, to Toronto for FVV. Make of it what you will.
              Hate the idea of trading any of our core guys to a divisional rival. There has to be a better offer than that available.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Hate the idea of trading any of our core guys to a divisional rival. There has to be a better offer than that available.
                Agreed that trading him to Brooklyn would be tough to take. Who know what else is available? Hoping for some team in the western conference pack to get panicked and do something stupid!

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

obviously depends on the picks but could make a lot of sense for both sides.

fred is a guy durant has said he has a lot of respect for
                  The soonest pick the Nets can trade is Philly's pick from 2027 which is top 8 protected. Or their own from 2028. That's wayyy in the future.

Comment

• Ya Boy is about to be unleash….after Shams tweet tonight

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The soonest pick the Nets can trade is Philly's pick from 2027 which is top 8 protected. Or their own from 2028. That's wayyy in the future.
                      kinda sucks from an instant gratification standpoint but those picks might end up pretty good. and we wouldn't have to use them, they could also be flipped for additional assets later. if you got both of those picks and a player like dinwiddie and maybe young player like dayron sharpe that's probably a decent return for a guy whose contract is up at the end of the year.

Comment

Agreed that trading him to Brooklyn would be tough to take. Who know what else is available? Hoping for some team in the western conference pack to get panicked and do something stupid!
                        It's hilarious ... all I'm seeing now are tweets about Brooklyn wanting Pascal and OG as well.

Comment

• Isn’t Scottie Barnes great?

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              And they are about to waste him.
                              #overhaulFO

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Isn’t Scottie Barnes great?
                                Yes he is..
                                Let's go back in time, imagine Orlando picked Scottie and we pick Suggs.
                                Do u know how even better Scottie would be with Magic, omg..he would easily 20,10,10..triple double every game.
                                They would be fun 2 watch, run and gun.
                                Kid is stuck in No Man's L,and, stuck behind guys like Air Vanvleet and Sleepy Siakim...honestly I feel so bad for this kid.
                                I'm so disappointed in our Management.
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X