Everything Scottie Barnes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

It's not an evolution, it's you misquoting me for years and me correcting you for years and getting tired of it.
    nah….The Siakam like pirouette of your takes is as hot as the anointed No.1 forum pundit here, lol.

you however mixed it with those meaningless statistical data to spin it and make it more palatable.

same here bud, it’s getting tiring too to read it too.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

nah….The Siakam like pirouette of your takes is as hot as the anointed No.1 forum pundit here, lol.

you however mixed it with those meaningless statistical data to spin it and make it more palatable.

same here bud, it’s getting tiring too to read it too.
      My point is I bet you couldn't find a single post of mine ever saying anything about a player earning their minutes. I only ever talk about whether the team is winning when a player is on the floor in certain lineups because that's all I care about. And yet over and over again you bring up this idea that I've said that a player has earned something when in reality I'm completely opposed to the entire concept.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

My point is I bet you couldn't find a single post of mine ever saying anything about a player earning their minutes. I only ever talk about whether the team is winning when a player is on the floor in certain lineups because that's all I care about. And yet over and over again you bring up this idea that I've said that a player has earned something when in reality I'm completely opposed to the entire concept.
        lol….ok since we can’t travel in time about your past FAILED crusades…let’s move on to your next agenda.

Defending VanVleet.

Comment

• unguardable. No one is bothering that shot unless they foul
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

unguardable. No one is bothering that shot unless they foul
            Once he gets comfortable in his shot, no one is stopping him. A floater would be nice too.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Once he gets comfortable in his shot, no one is stopping him. A floater would be nice too.
              I have Been saying since his rookie year, design plays exclusive for him maximizing his strengths

PnR
              PnP
              and Post ups

15 field goal attempts or more is a must

Unfortunately NN would rather bet on the midget.

but not too late, just rid of VanVleet

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I have Been saying since his rookie year, design plays exclusive for him maximizing his strengths

PnR
                PnP
                and Post ups

15 field goal attempts or more is a must

Unfortunately NN would rather bet on the midget.

but not too late, just rid of VanVleet
                looks like both may be gone

Comment

• Am I the only one who would simply like to see Scottie be the starting PG right of the gate next season?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                    Am I the only one who would simply like to see Scottie be the starting PG right of the gate next season?
                    Depends what the team around him looks like. If the gang is all back together then it doesn't work. If they make changes to the roster to facilitate it then maybe it works.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Depends what the team around him looks like. If the gang is all back together then it doesn't work. If they make changes to the roster to facilitate it then maybe it works.
                      Huh, hard disagree. I think the starting lineup in particular fits Scottie creating offence very well. Just need him to do the thing rather than constantly deferring.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Huh, hard disagree. I think the starting lineup in particular fits Scottie creating offence very well. Just need him to do the thing rather than constantly deferring.
                        He is deferring because of Nick's heirarchy thing.
                        Otherwise he would be passive everytime, but you don't see that specially in 4th quarters when all the vets have gotten their quotas.
                        Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Apr 4, 2023, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Every NBA team belongs to one player. It's either Barnes' team or it's Pascal's. Can't be both. One will have to go. Just a matter of which one you pick and when you make the decision. This is not unique to Toronto.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Every NBA team belongs to one player. It's either Barnes' team or it's Pascal's. Can't be both. One will have to go. Just a matter of which one you pick and when you make the decision. This is not unique to Toronto.
                            It’s 2 usually MoFos… according to Draymond.

Comment

Otherwise he would be passive everytime, but you don't see that specially in 4th quarters when all the vets have gotten their quotas.
                              I seriously doubt this.

Scottie's usage by Q:
                              1Q: 20%
                              2Q: 19%
                              3Q: 19%
                              4Q: 22%

Truly wild swing. I've done comparisons when certain guys miss games too and there's absolutely no pattern to Scottie seeing his usage increase significantly in those instances. Heck, Scottie Barnes for the season when BOTH Fred and Pascal sit is at a 23% usage (up from 21% overall) with a 27% AST% (up from 23% overall). Not exactly a huge swing or the dominating primary I'm looking for.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I seriously doubt this.

Scottie's usage by Q:
                                1Q: 20%
                                2Q: 19%
                                3Q: 19%
                                4Q: 22%

Truly wild swing. I've done comparisons when certain guys miss games too and there's absolutely no pattern to Scottie seeing his usage increase significantly in those instances. Heck, Scottie Barnes for the season when BOTH Fred and Pascal sit is at a 23% usage (up from 21% overall) with a 27% AST% (up from 23% overall). Not exactly a huge swing or the dominating primary I'm looking for.
                                It's not about usage rates.

Comment

Working...
                                X