X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

I dunno about consensus. I’d like to understand why Jalen Smith couldn’t get any playoff minutes while his team was getting swept. Is he too soft and skinny to guard bigs? Is his foot speed too slow to hang with wings & guards? Could be a classic tweener, but not in a good way.
    Coach felt a ton of pressure and tightened up the rotation too much.

I wanted him during the regular season and if this playoff rotation made him cost millions less per year and easier to get then I'm fine with it.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

Would be hilarious if this website goes down before the draft lol. I would put all the blame on Joey

As for the purple jersey, do you know something we don't? hmm...
    I don't think Raptors PR has tweeted anything not purple in the past week

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Seems to be a consensus around here we all want Jalen Smith with our cap space or MLE.
    I dunno about consensus. I’d like to understand why Jalen Smith couldn’t get any playoff minutes while his team was getting swept. Is he too soft and skinny to guard bigs? Is his foot speed too slow to hang with wings & guards? Could be a classic tweener, but not in a good way.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Phew...thought the Scottie news trashed the forum with 2 days to go to the draft. That purple Scottie jersey is going to fly.
    Would be hilarious if this website goes down before the draft lol. I would put all the blame on Joey

As for the purple jersey, do you know something we don't? hmm...

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Congrats!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, I mean nobody on this board would ever call our own players overpaid.
    Who is your budget alternative to Scottie Barnes that we could have offered $17million to instead ?

Leave a comment:

• TomAmnot
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Seems to be a consensus around here we all want Jalen Smith with our cap space or MLE.
    yes!!!

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    This guy has some skillset like Kristaps.
    Jalen Smith predraft Scouting Report:

If Jalen can get the starting position with enough reps alongside Scottie, he might be someone who can grow with the newly crowned franchise highest paid Raptor

Code:
    Player Age FG% 2P% 3P% FT% TS% TRB AST STL BLK TOV PTS ORtg DRtg
    Kristaps Porzingis 20-24 .434 .471 .358 .803 .5 12.2 2.3 1.2 3.2 2.8 29.5 107 107
    Jalen Smith 20-23 .517 .621 .335 .740 .6 15.1 2.2 0.8 2.0 2.3 24.8 120 115
    Provided by Stathead.com: Found with Stathead. See Full Results.
    Generated 6/24/2024.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Congrats Scottie.

All NBA season coming!

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Then acquire Patrick Williams too…

Jalen Smith
    Patrick Williams
    Scottie
    RJ
    IQ

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    This guy has some skillset like Kristaps.
    Jalen Smith predraft Scouting Report:
    Shot-blocking big man with solid shooting touch from the outside… Averaged 2.4 blocks his last season at Maryland… Great screener and good roller to the basket, where he is able to finish plays athletically… Does some scoring in transition… Agile big man with solid feet… Must improve playmaking and passing… Too often looks for his own shot instead of keeping the ball moving… Tends to get exposed on switches against guards.
    If Jalen can get the starting position with enough reps alongside Scottie, he might be someone who can grow with the newly crowned franchise highest paid Raptor

Code:

Player                 Age  FG%  2P%  3P%  FT% TS%  TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PTS ORtg DRtg
    Kristaps Porzingis   20-24 .434 .471 .358 .803  .5 12.2 2.3 1.2 3.2 2.8 29.5  107  107
    Jalen Smith          20-23 .517 .621 .335 .740  .6 15.1 2.2 0.8 2.0 2.3 24.8  120  115
    Provided by Stathead.com: Found with Stathead. See Full Results.
    Generated 6/24/2024.

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    He was the ROY.
    He was the first in his draft class to become an all star.
    He deserved to be the first to max out his extension.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Ujiri’s job is to keep moving and evolving and not get stuck with the smog that has not cleared off his head post 2019. Get rid of that sentimental and nostalgic emotions and be cold blooded again.

Surround Scottie with players that complement his skillset.

First order of business in Ujiri’s rehabilitation is to trade the 28 years old Poeltl.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    The NBA is undefeated. Thank you Kevin

Will be interesting to see what Suggs gets on his second contract.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Scottie Barnes was a big win for Masai. No doubt about that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X