Everything Dalano Banton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post

If I have to take those guys off the list.... then we also can't pretend we are some 3-pt shooting fixer-upper factory. That's an urban myth. Even the vaunted Spurs have failed at that.
    Nobody's claiming factory. Just that we've seen it is possible to make a non shooter a shooter after college. Siakam, Powell are the 2 comparisons that got drafted, and then developed a shot. OG is also a better shooter than he was in college. Nobody's sitting here claiming you can bring in any 30 year old journeyman and give him the magic elixir.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

If I have to take those guys off the list.... then we also can't pretend we are some 3-pt shooting fixer-upper factory. That's an urban myth. Even the vaunted Spurs have failed at that.
      Well no team magically fixes shooting, you won't turn Simmons into Steph. Its a two way street. Raptors have good development and it requires the player to be hard working and willing to improve, which Barnes seems to be.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Well no team magically fixes shooting, you won't turn Simmons into Steph. Its a two way street. Raptors have good development and it requires the player to be hard working and willing to improve, which Barnes seems to be.
        Yeah, but I don't see any evidence that Raptors are better at fixing shooting than any other team. Not to the point where we are so confident we can take non-shooters and turn them into shooters who need to be guarded as such. I mean the Bucks turning Brook Lopez into a stretch 5, is way more impressive than anything the Raptors have done. Shooting guards like Norm and DeMar are supposed to learn how to shoot.... that's why they're called 'shooting' guards, right? Pascal regressed last year, so he's not a win yet.

Comment

Yeah, but I don't see any evidence that Raptors are better at fixing shooting than any other team. Not to the point where we are so confident we can take non-shooters and turn them into shooters who need to be guarded as such. I mean the Bucks turning Brook Lopez into a stretch 5, is way more impressive than anything the Raptors have done. Shooting guards like Norm and DeMar are supposed to learn how to shoot.... that's why they're called 'shooting' guards, right? Pascal regressed last year, so he's not a win yet.
          Well my point being it isn't just up to the Raptors to improve Barnes' shooting, its up to him as well. They clearly drafted him with his size and his attitude to get better and figured they can help him improve his shooting. If it turns out Barnes isn't as willing to get better, then the Raptors messed up drafting him, but that remains to be seen.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Well my point being it isn't just up to the Raptors to improve Barnes' shooting, its up to him as well. They clearly drafted him with his size and his attitude to get better and figured they can help him improve his shooting. If it turns out Barnes isn't as willing to get better, then the Raptors messed up drafting him, but that remains to be seen.
            I dunno, DeMar and Pascal have legendary work ethics and they haven’t broken through as shooters yet. Some guys might simply not be wired for shooting. There could be genetics at work here ( see: Curry family), not sure. Seems like shooting is hit or miss… even if it’s a great, hard-working dude.

Comment

I dunno, DeMar and Pascal have legendary work ethics and they haven’t broken through as shooters yet. Some guys might simply not be wired for shooting. There could be genetics at work here ( see: Curry family), not sure. Seems like shooting is hit or miss… even if it’s a great, hard-working dude.
              Derozan is an insanely hard worker, every other part of his game has improved quite a bit over his career, his shooting stayed behind (whether he tried to improve on that, none of us know). His 3 may not have improved, but he became a solid mid range scorer. Pascal, until we see what he does this season, I'll say last season was a down year and he has improved his 3 ball quite a bit since his first 2 seasons.

Barnes doesn't need to be anything crazy, but as long as he is respectable to where defenders don't sag off and sit in the paint, he'll be a good player.

Comment

What is the projection for Dalano Banton moving forward? Is he a Bembry upgrade? Masai project? Or maybe something more?

Comment

c-troop wrote: View Post
                  What is the projection for Dalano Banton moving forward? Is he a Bembry upgrade? Masai project? Or maybe something more?
                  He's absolutely a project. Basically he's a poor man's Scottie Barnes, and he was probably drafted half because of that and half because he's from Toronto and the Raptors have wanted to draft a Canadian for a while now.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post

He's absolutely a project. Basically he's a poor man's Scottie Barnes, and he was probably drafted half because of that and half because he's from Toronto and the Raptors have wanted to draft a Canadian for a while now.
                    What's his ceiling? Higher than Cabocolo?

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post

Doesn't hurt to try, this kid will be a fan favourite if he becomes a decent player, especially considering he is from Toronto.

Comment

c-troop wrote: View Post

What's his ceiling? Higher than Cabocolo?
                        Rexdale KD
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Rexdale KD
                          Brazillian KD vs Rexdale KD, who wins?

Comment

Masai wanted Josh Giddey, he compromised & got the Canadian version of the Australian.

Comment

he's from Locked on NBA Draft and from NBA Draft Junkies
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X