Everything Dalano Banton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Dalano Banton

The first Canadian ever drafted by the Raptors!

Some highlights:

His stats at Nebraska this year: in 27.3 minutes per game, he averaged 9.6 pts/5.9 reb/3.9 ast/1 stl/0.9 blk, with a solid AST/TO ratio of 1.56, a defensive rating of 99.8, box plus-minus of 4.7 and .495 true shooting. The shooting is definitely a work in progress (3P% of .247, FT% of .659).

Barnes and Banton are gonna make for some pretty funny moments I think.

Comment

c-troop wrote: View Post

Barnes and Banton are gonna make for some pretty funny moments I think.
      Kid sure sounds Canadian. Has the same accent as a lot of my native friends.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Welcome to the squad!
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Team loves betting they can fix shooting, huh? To be fair they've been right before. Welcome aboard!
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Team loves betting they can fix shooting, huh? To be fair they've been right before. Welcome aboard!
            The "Raptors fix shooting" reputation is kind of overblown.

Raps fixed Norm's shooting but couldn't fix guys like: Delon, McCaw, Bembry, Stanley, DeMar, Oshae & Bruno.

Some guys actually regressed by the time they left here: Malcolm Miller, Matt Thomas, TD, CJ Miles, Meeks, Lin, Zo Brown; i.e., were better shooters before or at some point as a Raptor, but left here as unreliable shooters.

Jury still out on Pascal.

FVV/OG/Yuta/Flynn were > 35% 3pt shooters in college so they had good base coming in.

I'm not giving them Boucher, because what shooting coach in their right mind tells a guy to shoot like Manute Bol to fix his shot. lol. I love Boucher... he doesn't give AF. TreBuchet, FTW!

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

I'm not giving them Boucher, because what shooting coach in their right mind tells a guy to shoot like Manute Bol to fix his shot. lol. I love Boucher... he doesn't give AF. TreBuchet, FTW!
                It's like blackjack. You just have to win slightly more than you lose and hopefully win a couple big hands along the way.

Comment

https://streamable.com/sgsobw

lol his accent is like Drake SNL skit
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Raps fixed Norm's shooting but couldn't fix guys like: Delon, McCaw, Bembry, Stanley, DeMar, Oshae & Bruno.
                    Delon is a career .350 three shooter after being a nothing shooter in college, mostly because of us. Stanley went from shooting .292/.563 on threes/frees in his first season with us to .328/.800 his second. Everybody else except DeMar is too small a sample size to really consider.

Our shooting coaches generally help players get better at shooting. We don't turn people into Steph, but we can definitely help them at least become someone who other teams can't sag off on the perimeter.

Comment

Some guys actually regressed by the time they left here: Malcolm Miller, Matt Thomas, TD, CJ Miles, Meeks, Lin, Zo Brown; i.e., were better shooters before or at some point as a Raptor, but left here as unreliable shooters.

FVV/OG/Yuta/Flynn were > 35% 3pt shooters in college so they had good base coming in.

DeMar developed a corner three, his game just didn't make sense without a pull up three, which he never developed. Some guys are later in their careers and you don't pin that on the development staff (Stan, Bembry, McCaw - although those guys did kind of see better shooting here than elsewhere but never developed the shooting mindset to shoot at volume, which meant no real improvement to the spacing of course). Delon is fair. Not giving to Boucher is very not fair, half the battle (the side they lost with those aforementioned non-shooters) is getting guys to shoot, and boy howdy does Boucher do that.

Barnes seems willing to shoot, which is maybe the biggest positive sign for him, even if he's not as efficient as you'd like (yet, hopefully).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We're really gonna claim Raptors hurt the shooting of guys like Jodie Meeks, Alonzo Brown and Jeremy Lin? How many 3s did they shoot while they here? 12?
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post

Delon is a career .350 three shooter after being a nothing shooter in college, mostly because of us. Stanley went from shooting .292/.563 on threes/frees in his first season with us to .328/.800 his second. Everybody else except DeMar is too small a sample size to really consider.

Our shooting coaches generally help players get better at shooting. We don't turn people into Steph, but we can definitely help them at least become someone who other teams can't sag off on the perimeter.
                          Not really. Delon left the Raps shooting 33% and then got worse with Memphis. He didn't improve to acceptable levels for a PG until he went to Dallas and then to Detroit. That said, he still shoots a very low volume of 3s for a PG, so he's still not "fixed".

Comment

Fun fact: Meeks shot equal to his career high in 3P% as a Raptor. 44%. Where is the regression? Didn't play much, but thats besides the point.

We were all hyped about signing Lin and he stunk it up, shot 20% from 3 and hasn't been on a NBA team since, I'd say thats more on him than the Raptors.

Brown couldn't shoot before or during his Raptors seasons. No regression there either, just the same.

Matt Thomas regressed as a Jazz, not as a Raptor.

Miles is a career 36% 3P, on par with his shooting as a Raptor.

Davis shot 39% and then 36% as a Raptor and shot 37% as a King, a few % difference doesn't really count as regression. Players shooting goes up and down season to season.

All of these guys were career bench players or bench warmers anyway, so they barely got minutes to shoot because the other aspects of their games weren't great.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

We're really gonna claim Raptors hurt the shooting of guys like Jodie Meeks, Alonzo Brown and Jeremy Lin? How many 3s did they shoot while they here? 12?
                              If I have to take those guys off the list.... then we also can't pretend we are some 3-pt shooting fixer-upper factory. That's an urban myth. Even the vaunted Spurs have failed at that.

Comment

Working...
                              X