No announcement yet.

Everything Dalano Banton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am am looking forward to following Banton's development, he could be a great bench rotational guy on a good team in the future. A guy that can play multiple positions plugin where you need him.

Many make the easy Kyle Anderson comparisons but I feel he is a smoother athlete than Anderson with better burst in the open floor and a quicker first step. The guy that comes to mind for me is Toni Kukoc. By no means am I saying Banton will be a future HOF player and an NBA 6th man of the year, but I see similarities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5GNdepFI0I
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

His defence is there. The block on the perimeter was next level. He's long! I have been blown away by some of the passes he's made.

His shot is off, even some of his layups look weird. If Nurse(and the rest of the coaching staff) can work his magic, this kid was a steal.

Man, I hope we can have some fans in attendance during games (including 905's). Our fans are going to love the home grown talent. It will be good for his confidence, I feel like that is another thing he is lacking. It looks like he's passive (even in interviews). 5-20k of fans screaming for you might change that. I think the more the city embraces him, the more he will come out his shell. Give this kid a jump shot and look out.

Comment

I want to see a 'small ball' lineup of
        Banton-Scottie-OG-Paskal-Boucher at some point

Comment

Banton’s played better each game, he needs to slow down a bit (2 charges), but that come with time and experience. The Gleague will be good for him. Bright future for him.

Comment

Strange that they only gave him a two year deal. Wonder what they are saving the MLE for.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Strange that they only gave him a two year deal. Wonder what they are saving the MLE for.
              I honestly hope it's Isaiah Hartenstein. We do need one actually-big big.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post

I honestly hope it's Isaiah Hartenstein. We do need one actually-big big.
                Weird thing is they have no room under the tax to add a non-min deal right now. So are they waiting on a Dragic trade, which presumably would being back one or even two big body Cs (especially if DAL is indeed the destination). But then what do they spend the MLE on if they now roll in a C prospect and also Powell?
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We still need a Dragic type player off the bench though. The roster construction is actually spot on now, minus the big body big.

Comment

We have enough bigs already. We need shooting, shooting and more shooting. The only shooters that we have on the roster are FVV, OG, Trent and Flynn. Of the four, FVV and OG are the only reliable ones. Trent and Flynn are on and off guys.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                      We have enough bigs already. We need shooting, shooting and more shooting. The only shooters that we have on the roster are FVV, OG, Trent and Flynn. Of the four, FVV and OG are the only reliable ones. Trent and Flynn are on and off guys.
                      Trent shot 40% from 3 with the Blazers, that is reliable and what he is capable of. I'd say thats a better judgement of what he can do over half a season with the Raptors where we decided to tank and had no consistency with lineups. We'll see what he can do in the upcoming season.

Comment

Agreed, with all the length and ability on the rest of the roster we should be able to make life tough for the embiid and jokic's of the league. More shooting cant hurt.

Comment

I think the fact that you list OG as a shooter (which is correct) is a testament to what the Raps can do with willing players

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

I think the fact that you list OG as a shooter (which is correct) is a testament to what the Raps can do with willing players
                            Yeah when OG came out of college that was also his main issue (shooting). The FT% was bad and he had no range. Then the 3pt shot came along, the fT% increased and now starting to be more confident with the midrange. Raptors have a good shooting development program; it's not gonna work 100% of the cases but there's a history of success there

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah when OG came out of college that was also his main issue (shooting). The FT% was bad and he had no range. Then the 3pt shot came along, the fT% increased and now starting to be more confident with the midrange. Raptors have a good shooting development program; it's not gonna work 100% of the cases but there's a history of success there
                              OG shot over 40% from 3 in his first year of college. He wasn't a bad shooter, so I don't think the team can claim success, like Powell, for example. Pascal isn't a success story yet... still up and down.

Regardless, I don't think there is any evidence that the Raptors are better at developing shooting than any other organization. There are lots of examples around the league... just quickly going down a list, mostly in the east:

Celtics: Jaylen Brown, Rozier
                              Knicks: Barrett
                              Sixers: Embiid, Korkmaz
                              Hornets: Lamelo Ball
                              Pelicans: Lonzo Ball
                              Pacers: Oladipio, Brissett (who we couldn't develop)
                              Bucks: Lopez

That's pretty much off the top of my head and you could probably find 2-3 guys on every team to put in the category of guys who developed as shooters.

Comment

How do you determine whether a team/organization has developed a guy's shooting as opposed to a player doing it himself? What constitutes 'success'? Pointing out one or two players that improved their shooting at the NBA level and concluding the organization deserves credit for that seems pretty wild to me. Like, Brissett. Indy developed a multi-year player pro in weeks? Right. More likely he just got a chance to show what he could do in a system that suited him.

The biggest difference I see with certain organizations (Toronto included) is that they are willing to give young guys time and they have used their minor league system better than other teams. No team is ever going to hit 100% success but if you bring 5 or 6 projects annually and you hit on even 1 who turns into a rotation player for you in a year, you are probably way ahead of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X