X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Congrats, it's hard 2 get drafted and play in the association, now it's time 2 grind and get 2 work. I wish him all the best. Only issue I have is his last name, we had one Johnson and he was beyond trash, were not gonna mention that douchbag.
    What nonsense. We've had multiple Johnson's on the team, Amir was a great, James was wildly inconsistent, Stanley was a reclaim project left unfinished, Trey was a 2-time 10-day contractor and Linton signed that awesome endorsement deal for 3M lint rollers.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    No way Banton will be the only of the four rookies to not get anything so he’ll surely get a full contract
    They basically have to sign him to an NBA deal to fit under the tax (draftees count as less against the tax than other minimums).

Leave a comment:

replied
    No way Banton will be the only of the four rookies to not get anything so he’ll surely get a full contract

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied

Raptors Sign David Johnson To Two-Way Contract

August 8th, 2021 at 9:35pm CST by Luke Adams

The Raptors issued a press release on Sunday night announcing that they’ve signed former Louisville guard David Johnson to a two-way contract.

Johnson, the 47th overall pick in July’s draft, played college ball for the Cardinals for two years before declaring for the draft following his sophomore season. In 19 games (35.1 MPG) in 2020/21, he put up 12.6 PPG, 5.8 RPG, and 3.2 APG with a .411/.386/.700 shooting line.

The Raptors previously signed undrafted free agent Justin Champagnie to a two-way contract, so both of the team’s two-way slots have now been filled.

No. 46 pick Dalano Banton is the only one of Toronto’s three 2021 draft picks who remains unsigned, as Scottie Barnes finalized his rookie deal earlier today. The Raptors still project to have some openings on their 15-man regular season roster, so Banton seems likely to sign a standard multiyear contract at some point.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    What about Amir? Still one of my favourite Raptors

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Contacts, it's hard 2 get drafted and play in the association, now it's time 2 grind and get 2 work. I wish him all the best. Only issue I have is his last name, we had one Johnson and he was beyond trash, were not gonna mention that douchbag.
    just call him DJ

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Congrats, it's hard 2 get drafted and play in the association, now it's time 2 grind and get 2 work. I wish him all the best. Only issue I have is his last name, we had one Johnson and he was beyond trash, were not gonna mention that douchbag.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    c-troop wrote: View Post

"universal health care!"

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Perhaps, but does he understand the grind?

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    c-troop wrote: View Post

Bigger than Powell
    Perhaps, but does he understand the grind?

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Only 20 years old. 6'5 with 6'10 wingspan

a lot to like. Norman Powell with really good passing
    Bigger than Powell

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

That's awesome! He was about average in Shuttle Run, and below average in Lane Agility.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Johnson had his own success as a combine invitee. The 6-foot-5, 203-pound player ranked second among guards in standing reach (8 feet, 8 inches), tied for second in wing span (6 feet, 10.5 inches), fourth in the three quarter sprint (3.03 seconds) and tied for fifth in max vertical leap (39 inches).

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hopefully the 905 is able to get up and running fully again cause that would be huge with him, Banton and Champagnie

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    I will be happy with a year in the G-League to work on what the team needs. Maybe see him get some late season run with the big squad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X