No announcement yet.

Kyle Lowry the GROAT appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like Game 7 vs Miami in the 2016 playoffs is a bit of a less talked about amazing Lowry moment, 35/7/9/4 to take us to our first-ever ECF appearance. It's perhaps a little unexpected, but pre-2019 the most hyped I'd ever felt from a Raptors play was when he hit a three late (6:00 mark of this video) to put the exclamation point on the win. After the failures of the previous two playoff runs and how messy both the Indiana and Miami series were, it was such a cathartic moment and truly solidified my love for Kyle and everything he had brought and continued to bring for the team.

The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Greatest. Simple as that.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Gonna miss that little prick

Comment

Stop by for a drink sometime. I hear you like to take charges and we'll rack up a nice bar tab.

Comment

HogieTime wrote: View Post
            Just too early for this lol. I loved him as a raptor but hope the heat go out in the first round. Really wanted him to retire a raptor.
            Yeah, I'm definitely a little less emotional than I was at the trade deadline. The write up was a little more apropos at the time. But, it all remains true. K Low will likely be my last "favorite player" of my life.

Admittedly, I unabashedly cheered for the Nets as my 2nd team as a shameless 18 year old when Vince left (blasphemous I know)...and I will likely do the same for Kyle during his time with the Heat. (Obviously if they're in our way I'd prefer to squash them).
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Kyle embodied the grittiness that it takes to be a thriving Canadian. When it snows over night and you got to shovel your ass off and still get to work on time. When people count you out, but you know; they know nothing. When you greet your adversary with a smile, until game time comes.

He was not Canadian, but playing for the only Canadian team, he played like a true Canadian.

All the best Kyle (unless we meet you in the playoffs)

Comment

In Toronto making 30 million a year we as fans would appreciate anything Kyle does cause of what he given us in the past . He is going to the Heat and that means 30 million dollars of expectations . Can his body give them 30 million dollars every night ? Heck in year 3 of Lowry's contract he will have a 35 year old Butler making 48 million a year . This Heat team is either going to be really really good or might be a disaster in 3 years .

Comment

Comment

One of my favourite memories was the November 2014 game against the Bucks, the one we won 124-82. Not an obvious choice, but at the time, I was immobile and miserable and hadn't smiled in a long time. Watching this game was legitimately a joyful experience. None of the Raps could do anything wrong that night and I found myself laughing, of all things.

Lowry is the last guy from that 2014 roster to head out.

Thanks, man. Best of luck; I know Miami is gonna love you. GROAT.

Comment

Kyle found his Demar again.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Freddy seems like the guy who has been groomed for this. All the non-basketball leadership things Kyle brought need to come from somewhere and Freddy seems like he has the makeup of being that dude holding guys accountable etc
                        I was thinking that same too. I think it even came up off hand in an interview Yuta did for that Japanese Olympic team.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

This sign and trade so far is only helping Kyle . Am I wrong ?

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
                            Also the Heat But the important words are also "so far"

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
                              Think the Raps are pretty happy getting Achiuwa.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Freddy seems like the guy who has been groomed for this. All the non-basketball leadership things Kyle brought need to come from somewhere and Freddy seems like he has the makeup of being that dude holding guys accountable etc
                                100%. It was obvious when we re-signed Fred after his 2017-18, Bench Mob/6MOTY year that he was the anointed, chosen one, heir apparent. Masai was quoted (jokingly), saying he would have traded Kyle's ass on numerous occasions and I think Fred has always been the kinder, gentler Lowry-lite backup plan in case that happened. And that day finally happened.

But Kyle matured a lot after we won the chip. He mellowed out and became more endearing to the fanbase, media and openly supportive of his coach. If we didn't win the chip, there would be people wanting to run him out of town years ago as a playoff choker. Fortunately, Lowry was able to go out with his head held high with nothing but respect and well wishes (other than everybody around here should be wishing the Heat to fail spectacularly).

Comment

Working...
                                X