X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

But there is a report that Brunson will be taking FA meetings with the Heat, Knicks and Mavs. Miami has no cap space, so it would have to be a sign & trade.
    Could be legit, but wanted to call out that's a fake account with 10 followers, so would be better to post a link / tweet from a real account. We've all gotten burned by fake tweets before around here, they're pretty clever with how they hide the fact they're fake.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

That's a fake account.

The real one is spelled correctly not with 3 Ls in Central.
    But there is a report that Brunson will be taking FA meetings with the Heat, Knicks and Mavs. Miami has no cap space, so it would have to be a sign & trade.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

That's a fake account.

I know but there are multiple versions of this from other regular accounts (this just sounded the best). But they may all be fake I guess

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Moral of the story…don’t leave the Raptors

That's a fake account.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Moral of the story…don’t leave the Raptors

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

I posted after doing a quick Google search of “greatest Toronto Maple Leafs” and Keon kept coming up on top of the list. I checked his resume and realized he wasn’t even a tier 1 player in his day. But he won 4 cups.

Like you said, not sure who’s voting on these guys but Sittler, Sundin and Clark didn’t even make the Finals, let alone win a cup or any major award other than ROY (Clark) as a Leaf. Pretty sad choices for franchise GOAT, tbh.
    As much as Sittler (and Lanny), Salming, Wendel and Mats were all good to great players, none of them were greats, never mind GOAT material imo. I forgot Rick Vaive, he's in that conversation.

The rest are too far back for most to remember and some in the original 6 league so not comparable. Johnny Bower (4 Stanleys) might get my vote, he also remained a gentleman to the end.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Must be an age thing, I don't know that many people who thinks Keon is the MLGOAT (I like that better for consistency ) never mind widely heralded.

Some think Sittler (over rated)
    Some think Wendel (just over all loved)
    Salming broke a lot of barriers
    Some kids might even think Sundin ....
    Each of these four were beloved by the fanbase but played in an era where the team was largely horrible and never won a Cup.

If you go way back you get Teeder, Syl Apps and of course Bobby Baun, Johnny Bower since he was more more visible in the last few years. I'm sure some people think of Tim Horton.

Keon was awesome but disappeared to generations. I understand what you're saying re contributed intangibles but he didn't even hit 1000 points total well under a point/gm and just a +61 for his entire career, a number that Bobby Orr eclipsed in a single season.

Great player. Undisputed MLGOAT? Not a chance. Widely heralded? Not unless you're over 60 imo
    Leafs haven't won in so long, there really isn't a decent Lowry comparison.
    I posted after doing a quick Google search of “greatest Toronto Maple Leafs” and Keon kept coming up on top of the list. I checked his resume and realized he wasn’t even a tier 1 player in his day. But he won 4 cups.

Like you said, not sure who’s voting on these guys but Sittler, Sundin and Clark didn’t even make the Finals, let alone win a cup or any major award other than ROY (Clark) as a Leaf. Pretty sad choices for franchise GOAT, tbh.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Was thinking the other day that Lowry as GROAT is kind of similar to Dave Keon being widely heralded as the GMLOAT. Neither player was All-NBA 1st team or NHL 1st team when they played. But both are beloved by the Toronto fanbase for their intangibles and winning impact. Both Raptors and Leafs are still searching for a universally respected GROAT / GMLOAT.
    Must be an age thing, I don't know that many people who thinks Keon is the MLGOAT (I like that better for consistency ) never mind widely heralded.

Some think Sittler (over rated)
    Some think Wendel (just over all loved)
    Salming broke a lot of barriers
    Some kids might even think Sundin ....
    Each of these four were beloved by the fanbase but played in an era where the team was largely horrible and never won a Cup.

If you go way back you get Teeder, Syl Apps and of course Bobby Baun, Johnny Bower since he was more more visible in the last few years. I'm sure some people think of Tim Horton.

Keon was awesome but disappeared to generations. I understand what you're saying re contributed intangibles but he didn't even hit 1000 points total well under a point/gm and just a +61 for his entire career, a number that Bobby Orr eclipsed in a single season.

Great player. Undisputed MLGOAT? Not a chance. Widely heralded? Not unless you're over 60 imo
    Leafs haven't won in so long, there really isn't a decent Lowry comparison.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Was thinking the other day that Lowry as GROAT is kind of similar to Dave Keon being widely heralded as the GMLOAT. Neither player was All-NBA 1st team or NHL 1st team when they played. But both are beloved by the Toronto fanbase for their intangibles and winning impact. Both Raptors and Leafs are still searching for a universally respected GROAT / GMLOAT.
    Funny enough, both teams have that guy right now on their current roster that could very realistically take the goat title after enough years.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Groat:

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Isn't every homeowner in Toronto a millionaire?
    They almost need to be to pay their giant mortgages. What most of them are is broke and leveraged.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

That area is DVP and Lawrence.....ain't no millionaires living there
    Even when he played here, Kyle didn't choose to live in Toronto. HIs house was kind of a dump for a rich guy there too, actually
    Isn't every homeowner in Toronto a millionaire?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post

If I am Kyle, I will buy a house in that street and live there.
    That area is DVP and Lawrence.....ain't no millionaires living there
    Even when he played here, Kyle didn't choose to live in Toronto. HIs house was kind of a dump for a rich guy there too, actually

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsVictim
    replied
    blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Didn't know where to put this...Kyle is getting a street named after him in Toronto apparently.
    https://dailyhive.com/toronto/kyle-l...s-street-named

If I am Kyle, I will buy a house in that street and live there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X