Everything Precious Achiuwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post

There was a podcast interview just after the draft and Thorpe said "... it's broken'. Have to dig it up.
    I listened to the William Lou one, at least in context that's not what was discussed.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      I'm pretty confident though that Raptors will teach him how to catch and shoot. I think eventually he'll develop a corner three and etc. But off the dribble pull up at higher % is big jump to make and he'll need to make that jump in order to be franchise player or one of core guys
      I think he'll be a fantastic player if he is capable of hitting 3s when he is open. He is 6'9 with the ability to handle the ball and pass. If he has a jumpshot that you have to defend, then he'll be able to get to the rim and if you help on that, he'll be able to find people. One of his strengths coming in is that he is able to finish through contact, so that helps.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

There was a podcast interview just after the draft and Thorpe said "... it's broken'. Have to dig it up.
        I've only watched the Ford/Thorpe mock draft from right before the draft where Thorpe had him 2 on his big board, and outright said he thought Barnes would learn to shoot. He later sort of points out that his form is a mess, but says it's a common sort of mess for guys with such long arms and he's seen loads of NBA guys like that fix that form over and over, so isn't super concerned about the shot developing.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Precious' jumper has a nice sit-back action (think T-ross), reminiscent of Michael Beasley - impressive mechanics for a big man but we'll see if there's any accuracy there.

Another comparison is young Amir Johnson. I can't find his finding reach but it was also probably around 9 feet as well. Or, a bigger JYD for old times' sake.

Comment

Yea that was the William Lou one. I thought he said it “was” broken and has since improved it but I’d have to listen again.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
              Yea that was the William Lou one. I thought he said it “was” broken and has since improved it but I’d have to listen again.
              Pretty sure he said it was NOT broken and kind of mocked the people that said it was broken. He also commented on how with such large hands, you can't really shoot the same way as somebody with smaller hands. So a coach showing you how to shoot when you are 10 may not have shown you form that is appropriate to you at 20 when you've grown.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

Pretty sure he said it was NOT broken and kind of mocked the people that said it was broken. He also commented on how with such large hands, you can't really shoot the same way as somebody with smaller hands. So a coach showing you how to shoot when you are 10 may not have shown you form that is appropriate to you at 20 when you've grown.
                Nah, Rudy and I heard it right. Thorpe indeed said “broken”. Check out the Barnes thread.

Comment

So Nick Nurse said it wasn’t broken, but keep
                  in mind Barnes did a ton of work after the season.

Thorpe was saying it was broken, and Barnes could fix it with practice. I think he was basing his observations off the college season. He was talking more about players with big hands having trouble shooting.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                    Ya he said that it was broken (beginning of the season), and because of COVID Barnes was not able to get up any more shots after practice as they had to clean the facility. However he also said since the season ended his shot looks much better. Both him seeing it in video and talking to people that have seen it in person.

Comment

I'm big fan of this kid game, really c big things, love his game.
                      Raptors D, is gonna be really good.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Masai and Bobby seem to be huge fans of this kid. Was the only piece they cared about getting for Lowry it seems. Big things expected.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

all of the sudden we have too many centers. None of them are great
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I never understood the hate on this return. Precious was an underrated 20th overall 1st round pick from 1 year ago. He's definitely the equivalent of getting a mid first round pick in return for Lowry. He's already shown potential and won't be a bust. Plus we got Dragic who is a solid veteran PG/SG, not as good as Lowry but still very good.

Comment

Welcome, Mr Achiuwa!

Glad to freakin have ya!

We got some rings up here in Toronto a couple years ago…

Here’s to the next…

(Had to be done)

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                all of the sudden we have too many centers. None of them are great
                                Everybody keeps talking about Precious as a center, but if you watched any Miami games last year he's pretty obviously a power forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X