X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    I think he would play better with a defined role. He has proved that he can’t be trusted to play the free style that Nick has been running.

Precious still has a ton of talent, but has a way to go with his development. I think he is focusing on the wrong areas of his game.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I think he would play better with a defined role. He has proved that he can’t be trusted to play the free style that Nick has been running.

Precious still has a ton of talent, but has a way to go with his development. I think he is focusing on the wrong areas of his game.

Leave a comment:

• BrydenB
    replied
    I'm pretty low on Precious in general. I'm not sure he serves a purpose on this roster anymore

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    TomAmnot wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one who, in a sense, would still like to see him in the starting unit next season?
    At this point I don't see how it makes any sense. The whole point of starting Precious was that starting a big was better than starting small. And he sure isn't a better option than Jak.

Based on the way they've talked about him, I suspect the move is more likely that they shift him to bench PF beside Koloko moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Am I the only one who, in a sense, would still like to see him in the starting unit next season?
    I've never really been that high on Precious. Just seems like he has a long way to go with his development before he can consistently start for a good team.

Leave a comment:

• TomAmnot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Quick feet

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Precious is getting better and better in front of our eyes. Will be able to really play 3 to 5 soon enough and contribute on a nightly basis.
    that and more (see post above)

Leave a comment:

• TomAmnot
    replied
    Precious is getting better and better in front of our eyes. Will be able to really play 3 to 5 soon enough and contribute on a nightly basis.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    That'll do

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFI...over%20(P2.T8)

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    Still only played 14 minutes last night but was mostly effective. He had some scary moments handling the ball, but some nice catch and shoot looks as well. Would have liked to see a couple more rebounds, but it was his best game since coming back. Nice to see his 3 ball drop, hope it stays effective.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

What's the definition of playing hard, though? Precious can easily look like the most energetic, hardest playing, athletic guy on the court, whenever he wants to. Even amongst elite athletes, he stands out.
    I was trying to be sarcastic....

If Achiuwa comes out tonight and puts up numbers out of the gate he will stay out there. If not, he'll hit the pine like every other bench guy. Nurse has zero time for bench guys feeling their way into games.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Meh. He hasn't played in any single 5 man lineup for more than 7 total minutes since he came back, and has yet to break 13 minutes played in a night.

I certainly hope and expect him to ramp up to better form with actual reps. Especially if he gets into some real lineups, not these bench heavy lineups with redundant bigs on the court.
    Deal him at 60% value, get fleeced of course then smash your head on the wall when he gets back to 100%?

Coz the 100% Precious is a keeper.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Precious isn't one of Nurse's guys, though. It took him most of last season to play his way into the top 7 and one injury to fall out of the top 9/10.

Again, Nurse won't play bench guys if they aren't productive straightaway. You have 3-4 bad minutes you are done and you may not get back in for 2 weeks. No pressure! Just go out there and play hard!
    What's the definition of playing hard, though? Precious can easily look like the most energetic, hardest playing, athletic guy on the court, whenever he wants to. Even amongst elite athletes, he stands out.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Pascal, first game back after injury: 30 minutes.

Last year, Pascal's 1st game back after off-season surgery: 25 minutes. 5th game back: 39 minutes.
    Precious isn't one of Nurse's guys, though. It took him most of last season to play his way into the top 7 and one injury to fall out of the top 9/10.

Again, Nurse won't play bench guys if they aren't productive straightaway. You have 3-4 bad minutes you are done and you may not get back in for 2 weeks. No pressure! Just go out there and play hard!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X