X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post

Absolutely, he has to be taking at least that many, and if he's at 40%, it's likely they try to add a couple more attempts for him. If Precious, Pascal, scottie and boucher can increase their collective 3pt %, that would be the shooting boost this team needs. Realistically, Precious and scottie might be the only 2 that can improve from that group and an improvement from both would make a huge difference. I wouldn't bet against pascal, boucher might be what he's always been.
    If Fred can stay healthy, whether from increased use of the midrange limiting body blows, or lower minutes, his 3 pt shooting % goes up enough to make a difference. His hip and knee issues destroyed his long-range shooting. If he can resist driving to the bucket for failed layup attempts it wouldn't hurt either since single coverage from rim protectors lead to a lot of blocks with him.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

The volume is the key. If he's taking 4 or 5 a game and hitting even 35% that's a win for the halfcourt offence.
    Absolutely, he has to be taking at least that many, and if he's at 40%, it's likely they try to add a couple more attempts for him. If Precious, Pascal, scottie and boucher can increase their collective 3pt %, that would be the shooting boost this team needs. Realistically, Precious and scottie might be the only 2 that can improve from that group and an improvement from both would make a huge difference. I wouldn't bet against pascal, boucher might be what he's always been.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post

Precious hitting 40% would do wonders for this team, especially if it's at decent volume.
    The volume is the key. If he's taking 4 or 5 a game and hitting even 35% that's a win for the halfcourt offence.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    His progression throughout the season was a sight to behold. Really excited for him to come in as the starting C next season. He's gonna average a double double while hitting 3s at nearly 40% clip and playing great defense.
    I'd lay early money on MIP. His raw numbers were quite low this year especially from early struggles, and he should get great opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    His progression throughout the season was a sight to behold. Really excited for him to come in as the starting C next season. He's gonna average a double double while hitting 3s at nearly 40% clip and playing great defense.
    Precious hitting 40% would do wonders for this team, especially if it's at decent volume.

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    Can’t wait to watch Precious develop.

He has absolutely everything you could want out of a modern big. Just needs to put it together and get consistent.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    100% better than the hands-of-stone beginning of the season, some flashes of growth and brilliance yet still a touch of bonehead. Young and tons of room for growth, ceiling unknown

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    Low key one of my favourite Raptors over the season (okay, maybe not at the beginning)

I hope one day I can watch him bring the ball up the floor without my sphincter clenching up - although his impulsive drives to the rim sometimes end in a highlight. As long as his defense is there I won't complain too much

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    What a season by Precious…trajectory is on the right track
    I was a doubter, but he turned me around.
    Future is bright.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    What a season by Precious…trajectory is on the right track

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Nurse broke into Fred's room one night and broke his hip flexor. Lol
    Or had his wife do it making baby Fred Jr the 2nd

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Maybe Nurse ran Fred into the ground on purpose... so he wouldn't have the awkward situation of having to bench him in the playoffs to unlock Scottie at PG and the 6'9"s. That's 6D chess right there.
    Nurse broke into Fred's room one night and broke his hip flexor. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    I suspect they'd keep both GTJ and Fred, and then if they have to trade one or the other, do that a year or two after re-signing them.
    ideally yes but in all likelyhood but we just don't know what crazy GM will be out there that is willing to back that money truck up to their driveway in order to get one of them in a price that wouldn't make sense. Again it GTJ could conceivably elevate his game even more next season there would be a bidding war for his services.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I suspect they'd keep both GTJ and Fred, and then if they have to trade one or the other, do that a year or two after re-signing them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X