Everything Precious Achiuwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Precious Achiuwa

Hopefully a big part of the future of this team! I’m excited to see what this guy can do for us as a mobile defender with a developing offensive game. Can he work out a functional 3 point shot? Does he start for us?

Has this been made official yet?

Comment

Big body. Hard to move out of the paint.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

All his highlights are dunks... I did find some footage of him shooting some jumpers with Herro... his form looks pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrO29f0Q4dg

Comment

Seems quite well suited for what Nurse wants from his 5-man, similar to Birch but even more mobile. Makes for a very interesting platoon manning the center position for us in the upcoming season.

Comment

I'm struggling to come up with a good comparison. Undersized centre with serious wheels. Like a bigger Pascal or something.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              I'm struggling to come up with a good comparison. Undersized centre with serious wheels. Like a bigger Pascal or something.
              Kenneth Faried (A former Masai pick).

Comment

I think he has a serviceable handle as well.

The Magic dissuaded Khem from taking three's or pushing the ball up after a rebound. He came to the Raptors and Nurse told him to start doing both.

It's possible Precious was asked to stay in his lane in Miami, he might actually be blossom here. Although his FT% doesn't project him being a knock down shooter.

Comment

Raps are happy to bet on them being able to salvage free throws and shooting in general. Heck, OG has gone from a 58% free throw shooter three years ago to a 78% shooter last year. And a non-shooter from three in college to a true 3+D guy in the NBA. And credit to OG for the work there but no reason to think Precious can't make strides if he has the work ethic.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

where did you see the trade?

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                      All his highlights are dunks... I did find some footage of him shooting some jumpers with Herro... his form looks pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrO29f0Q4dg
                      Insert the usual empty gym, not a game, not NBA game speed or defenders disclaimer.

Now that's out of the way, that jump shot (form and mechanics) isn't exactly the worst we've seen as a starting point for someone trying to improve their jumper.

Also, will we see Precious on our SL team? Or is the timing cutting it close between making the deal official and SL start.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        I remember seeing a Gerald Wallace comp when he was coming out.

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                          where did you see the trade?
                          Nothing official is out yet. But we do have two solidly reported things: Dragic and Achiuwa heading to Raps (and Raps looking to re-route Dragic) and Lowry gets 3/90. There may well be more to the package.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Didn’t realize how mobile he is

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Kenneth Faried (A former Masai pick).
                              He came to my mind as well, bizarro Faried (able to play D up a position).

Comment

Working...
                              X