Everything Precious Achiuwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magoon wrote: View Post

Everybody keeps talking about Precious as a center, but if you watched any Miami games last year he's pretty obviously a power forward.
    When your entire roster is 6’9, nothing is obvious.

Comment

Raptors obviously winners of the off-season. It's not even close.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post

Everybody keeps talking about Precious as a center, but if you watched any Miami games last year he's pretty obviously a power forward.
        I think the Raptors envision him as a center in their plans for team building - having as many guys like OG, Pascal, Scottie on the court at once as possible.

Key is he's a decent rebounder and good rim protector, finisher at the rim. So he'll likely play the role of a C for us, in the short term anyway (and I expect in the long term even as he expands his game).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          Raptors obviously winners of the off-season. It's not even close.
          Should that be in pink?

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I think the Raptors envision him as a center in their plans for team building - having as many guys like OG, Pascal, Scottie on the court at once as possible.
            Honestly if you can get four of those guys on the court without worrying about a regression in shooting (meaning all of them need to work on extending their range). Then we shouldn’t need a true 5.
            Last edited by saints91; Sat Aug 7, 2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post

Should that be in pink?
              I suspect not. Masai is a pretty big get and the biggest impact move of the summer, they retained all their non-Lowry FAs (that they wanted to) and got something of value for Lowry both in terms of replacing his skillset (primary creator) with an admittedly lesser player and in terms of a prospect they can develop who can also fill a need for the team now. Plus adding a high lotto pick they had no business getting. And did it all below the tax (which can be tricky when doing a high value SnT like Lowry).

Other teams were flashier, no way to argue that. Chicago had a huge off-season. But I don't know if they are all that good. Miami had a big win with Lowry and kept Robinson so they are probably the on-court winners especially in the short term.

A lot of other teams had some pretty lacklustre off-seasons. Especially compared to their plans.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I suspect not. Masai is a pretty big get and the biggest impact move of the summer, they retained all their non-Lowry FAs (that they wanted to) and got something of value for Lowry both in terms of replacing his skillset (primary creator) with an admittedly lesser player and in terms of a prospect they can develop who can also fill a need for the team now. Plus adding a high lotto pick they had no business getting. And did it all below the tax (which can be tricky when doing a high value SnT like Lowry).

Other teams were flashier, no way to argue that. Chicago had a huge off-season. But I don't know if they are all that good. Miami had a big win with Lowry and kept Robinson so they are probably the on-court winners especially in the short term.

A lot of other teams had some pretty lacklustre off-seasons. Especially compared to their plans.
                If you look at our Free Agency period we did nothing splashy. But I also think that was planned, they had a couple guys they maybe wanted to be in on but the price wasnt right. We value compete and winning as much as talent and makes us selective.

If you want to look at a year in review, its out Norm, Lowry and scrubs for Trent, Dragic, Achiuwa, Barnes, Birch, and a bunch of guys who may not be scrubs. Im still amazed we turned Thomas and Davis into seconds in a very good draft. We did what we needed to, got younger, more athletic, more mobile, etc. We also still have our picks going forward so we can definitely make a move if a splashy guy comes available.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

If you look at our Free Agency period we did nothing splashy. But I also think that was planned, they had a couple guys they maybe wanted to be in on but the price wasnt right. We value compete and winning as much as talent and makes us selective.

If you want to look at a year in review, its out Norm, Lowry and scrubs for Trent, Dragic, Achiuwa, Barnes, Birch, and a bunch of guys who may not be scrubs. Im still amazed we turned Thomas and Davis into seconds in a very good draft. We did what we needed to, got younger, more athletic, more mobile, etc. We also still have our picks going forward so we can definitely make a move if a splashy guy comes available.
                  I wonder if the 'no splash' approach by the Raptors' front office is at least partially influenced by the Demarre Carroll signing and subsequent trade to Brooklyn. A lot of the front office personnel will not have changed since that time, and so there might be some hesitation to make a 'splash', only to realize shortly thereafter that it's not working, and have to attach assets to deal with the issue.

Comment

I don’t think it was the worst offseason, but I think there was potential to do more. We have trade assets to work with throughout the season.

Jury is out Precious and Barnes, but they could elevate the team to new levels. We’ll see.

Comment

I like what Achiuwa brings as a prospect, but he's still very raw on offence. He didn't play a lot for Miami (mostly garbage time minutes) but he did have some good games and seems to stick to his strengths and not over-play his skill set. His garbage-time game to end the regular season was obviously a nice stat line (23/10/2/1) but that was a ton of minutes against a terrible team. But if you go through his whole season, there are good glimpses in real games. A nice game against Philly early in the season (17 pts, 13 reb on 70% FG) in a 3 point game is a highlight of what we can reasonably hope for, a guy who can get some points and boards with good FG% in low volume situations and play defence well. To be honest, Barnes and him seem fairly similar in style at this point, but Barnes is a better passer. Defensively, this gives us more length, more switching, more athleticism. Plus he's on my dynasty team, so a big boost for me
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Too late to get Precious on the summer league team?

Comment

Also, can we agree that we'll only use this image once a game? (Not speaking to anyone (Goldblum) specifically)

Comment

Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

I wonder if the 'no splash' approach by the Raptors' front office is at least partially influenced by the Demarre Carroll signing and subsequent trade to Brooklyn. A lot of the front office personnel will not have changed since that time, and so there might be some hesitation to make a 'splash', only to realize shortly thereafter that it's not working, and have to attach assets to deal with the issue.
                            Agreed. Even if you like the guy on paper, you dont have all the information you want. The benefit of developing guys is you typically pay less to get them initially so by the time you commit the cap space and term you know the medicals, the personality, the fit, etc.

Comment

His siblings have wildest names
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Gods gift is a great name

Comment

Working...
                                X