No announcement yet.

Everything Precious Achiuwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think we talk about Precious enough. He's heading into his second year, development and skill wise, he's on par with Siakam and OG in there development.

It's going to take him a bit longer on D, the 5 is hard position to defend and he's a bit undersized. He'll find ways to defend the bigger dudes in time. Court vision and passing need to develop a bit, I would like to see him push the ball to the outlets on some of those breaks, and pass into the dunker spot on some of his drives. His shooting will come in time, but it's not that far off. Overall he's one of our most intriguing players.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      I don't think we talk about Precious enough. He's heading into his second year, development and skill wise, he's on par with Siakam and OG in there development.

It's going to take him a bit longer on D, the 5 is hard position to defend and he's a bit undersized. He'll find ways to defend the bigger dudes in time. Court vision and passing need to develop a bit, I would like to see him push the ball to the outlets on some of those breaks, and pass into the dunker spot on some of his drives. His shooting will come in time, but it's not that far off. Overall he's one of our most intriguing players.
      I think he still reminds me of a slightly more agile Ibaka in terms of overall game and feel. He is aggressive. I think if he can use that aggression this year and grow and then work on his playmaking and 3point shot he will be a beast.

Comment

• He has stolen the starting C spot from Birch in my eyes. I thought he was going to take until towards the end of the season but he looks ready.

Comment

• Yeah, was going to say that Birch better watch out or Precious will eat all the minutes at the 5-spot.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            He has stolen the starting C spot from Birch in my eyes. I thought he was going to take until towards the end of the season but he looks ready.
            He's better than Birch(a lot better).
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

He has stolen the starting C spot from Birch in my eyes. I thought he was going to take until towards the end of the season but he looks ready.
              I still think they try to work Khem in for the first month. I also think Scottie has taken a starting spot. There is a chance we see GTJ have his minutes seriously cut.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I still think they try to work Khem in for the first month. I also think Scottie has taken a starting spot. There is a chance we see GTJ have his minutes seriously cut.
                Scottie is starting for Pascal while he's out. When he comes back in a few weeks who knows.

I still think Precious starts over Birch but that's recency bias where Precious was playing and Birch was not so wouldn't be shocked if I'm wrong.

Comment

Scottie is starting for Pascal while he's out. When he comes back in a few weeks who knows.

I still think Precious starts over Birch but that's recency bias where Precious was playing and Birch was not so wouldn't be shocked if I'm wrong.
                  Yeah I was more referring to when pascal is back

Comment

I think the organization views Birch ultimately as a backup and Precious eventually as the starter. Precious may have accelerated that timeline.

Comment

• Ya I would be surprised if they don't go with Precious. Birch is still a really good option though, he's definitely behind the rest of the team due to covid

When Pascal comes back, I would like to see Scottie run the point and FVV play the 2

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        Ya I would be surprised if they don't go with Precious. Birch is still a really good option though, he's definitely behind the rest of the team due to covid

When Pascal comes back, I would like to see Scottie run the point and FVV play the 2
                        Yep. Scottie can be the filthy rich man's version of Delon Wright who had perfect chemistry with FVV & Pascal on the Bench Mob.

FVV, Scottie, OG, Pascal & Precious is the obvious starting lineup.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep. Scottie can be the filthy rich man's version of Delon Wright who had perfect chemistry with FVV & Pascal on the Bench Mob.

Freddy and the 6'9s

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep, thats it right there. Scottie guarding ballhandlers on the perimeter is gonna mess up alot of offensive sets for opposing teams. Then you got Freddy shadowing shooters and fighting through screens, we all know he's great at that. And a frontline of OG, pascal, and precious is just nasty. Pick your poison on PnR's NBA and we got 3 frontline players capable of switching your ball handler. That lineup might lack some shooting, but nobody is afraid to shoot and thats key for the guys trying to improve. I'm pretty pumped about that lineup.

And not to mention a filthy good bench, with trent, dragic, flynn, boucher, yuta, birch, svi, hopefully ish and dekker IMO.

Season cant start soon enough.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post

Freddy and the 6'9s
                              Lowry and The Bench had a bad breakup as most bands do, but I think Freddy and the 6'9's have a bright future, all the cool cats at the sock hop have been doing the jitterbug to their far out jingles
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Was just doing some light reading from the Heat fan perspective I didn’t realize how down they were on Precious. They were happy to see him benched for the second half of the year. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. He only took 1 three all year with the Heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X