Everything Precious Achiuwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Since the All star break Precious has shown some really nice touch and hitting some tough shots in the 7-15 foot range.. A couple times off the dribble and over another big man.. Some of these buckets have been really impressive. Its weird cause he can still be a little clunky and have bad touch right at the rim. But when he a shot off in that mid range area he looks smooth as hell.. Maybe he is just rushing himself at the rim cause he is a bit undersized and worried about being blocked.

But those little jumpers and push shots, along with his 3 point shooting form are starting to have me really impressed and excited about his offense developing.
    Just looked it up and Precious is now shooting 35% from 3 on the season.

He's shooting 46.4% from 3 over the last 10 games.

A lot of posters here shit on Nurse but sure seems like the Pill is working on Precious.

Looks like we've got our stretch 5 already on the roster.

Loving his energy off the bench too. Glad Nurse is keeping him there, let's not mess up a good thing.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if Precious got another shot at starting (heck I'm surprised he hasn't yet, especially over this recent stretch where his defence would have really helped the starters sans Fred and OG). Would be a good test to see whether his improvements are more a function of role/opposition or actual in-season improvement - sometimes you get benched to learn lessons and they stick. He's been doing great, especially as a pairing with Boucher.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised if Precious got another shot at starting (heck I'm surprised he hasn't yet, especially over this recent stretch where his defence would have really helped the starters sans Fred and OG). Would be a good test to see whether his improvements are more a function of role/opposition or actual in-season improvement - sometimes you get benched to learn lessons and they stick. He's been doing great, especially as a pairing with Boucher.
        I just wish he'd change his first name....
        Unless opponents see this

and not this:

Comment

• The development of Precious is one reason why I was advocating to get Ibaka.
          Serge would have been the perfect mentor for him, they almost have the same built and same type of game.

Comment

• Anyone else having pretty high hopes for Precious next season? Not saying he's going to be a star, but I really see him as a guy who can step up a bit like DeMar, Siakam, OG and Fred did in the past after 1 or 2 seasons with the team!

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
              Anyone else having pretty high hopes for Precious next season? Not saying he's going to be a star, but I really see him as a guy who can step up a bit like DeMar, Siakam, OG and Fred did in the past after 1 or 2 seasons with the team!
              I see him as a high end role player like Serge Ibaka. He's a stud.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Seems every offensive board is contested with precious and bouch. Keep it going!

go canada! Lock it up today!

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I wonder how good Serge was at 22? I didn't really notice him that much until he got to the Raptors. I agree that Precious is on the road to studdom.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I wonder how good Serge was at 22? I didn't really notice him that much until he got to the Raptors. I agree that Precious is on the road to studdom.
                    I watched him quite a bit on OKC. At 22 he averaged 3.7 blocks. Athletic, great rim protector but didn't have a shot at all, that developed later in his career.

Comment

At his peak Ibaka was a lot more than a role player. Very legit starting PF/C and one of the best shot blockers in the NBA.

Comment

Agree.
                        Precious should study Serge's game.
                        One reason why I wished we picked him up so he can mentor Precious.

Comment

• Precious just needs reps, once the game slows down for him, he has all the skills to be a game changer.

He’s already making a huge difference on D and the boards.

Comment

• Precious, to me, is not the long term solution to our starting center needs, but he is well on his way to becoming a great 3rd/4th big in the rotation. Chris Boucher is playing that roll well right now but is not signed for next year, Precious is making him expendable.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                              Precious, to me, is not the long term solution to our starting center needs, but he is well on his way to becoming a great 3rd/4th big in the rotation. Chris Boucher is playing that roll well right now but is not signed for next year, Precious is making him expendable.
                              Did I read something recently about Precious and Chris being in the 90th percentile in the league, (or some such), for impact of a pair of bigs? I have no idea how that would factor into a contract consideration. Just wondering.

Comment

• Remember all the people who wanted to trade Precious plus more(!) for Turner earlier this season? glad Masai didn't listen to y'all lol.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X