Everything Precious Achiuwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Remember all the people who wanted to trade Precious plus more(!) for Turner earlier this season? glad Masai didn't listen to y'all lol.

Masai shouldn't listen to any of us. That's why we're fans and hes the president.

Comment

Remember all the people who wanted to trade Precious plus more(!) for Turner earlier this season? glad Masai didn't listen to y'all lol.
      Indy is sitting everyone because they are tanking. Like the Raps did last year.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Did I read something recently about Precious and Chris being in the 90th percentile in the league, (or some such), for impact of a pair of bigs? I have no idea how that would factor into a contract consideration. Just wondering.
        Maybe we can just do what the suns did with the Morris twins. Give them a lump sum for both contracts and tell them to split it how they decide. Then trade the other and keep the dude who took a discount hahaha. That was such a slimy move
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Why would Indiana not shut him down?

They are tanking and Turner would help them win.

Turner is a very valuable trade asset this offseason so why risk injuring him?

Indiana would be idiots to play Turner.

I didn't want to trade them Precious but I was down to trade them picks for Turner. If he was a Raptor he'd probably be playing right now.

Comment

• Thank you Kyle Lowry.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
              Thank you Kyle Lowry.
              It’s very much going to be a welcome back Kyle game for the Raps but it’s also low key going to be a “what?! Precious hits threes?” game for the Heat

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

It’s very much going to be a welcome back Kyle game for the Raps but it’s also low key going to be a “what?! Precious hits threes?” game for the Heat
                If the over under for Precious threes is 2.5, what you got?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

If the over under for Precious threes is 2.5, what you got?
                  Made or taken? That’s a good line for made

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Made or taken? That’s a good line for made
                    I was thinking made.
                    And you gotta know that hell or high water, Fred is gunning for 3 too. I really hope he makes it (record for made threes in a season, currently held by Kyle)

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      Precious, to me, is not the long term solution to our starting center needs, but he is well on his way to becoming a great 3rd/4th big in the rotation. Chris Boucher is playing that roll well right now but is not signed for next year, Precious is making him expendable.
                      Well, right now I even see him as a guy who could play some spot minutes at the 3. Not sure if I see him precisely like Ibaka. I think he can become more of a ballhandler and of a shooter, a bit less of a shotblocker.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Well, right now I even see him as a guy who could play some spot minutes at the 3. Not sure if I see him precisely like Ibaka. I think he can become more of a ballhandler and of a shooter, a bit less of a shotblocker.
                        Here's a secret: Achiuwa is a wing. His handle, body type, outside shooting, defensive profile etc.. are all typical of an nba wing.

When I hear people say "we went 'big' by starting Achiuwa and sitting Scottie" (like that day he started a second half), I scratch my head because technically it's the opposite: we started smaller, as Achiuwa is actually smaller than Scottie (Who also has more of a postup centre game than Achiuwa)

Achiuwa on his rookie year (and earlier this year), had no outside game; it was just hustle plays around the rim and dunks, so he got labelled a C at the start of his career. He's a differently player now, with a budding all-around game on both ends, which is nice to see.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Achiuwa on his rookie year (and earlier this year), had no outside game; it was just hustle plays around the rim and dunks, so he got labelled a C at the start of his career. He's a differently player now, with a budding all-around game on both ends, which is nice to see.
                          Sounds earily familiar to another raptors start to his career... I'll give a hint he wears number 43
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Yeah, I'm really excited about precious. Just another guy on the roster capable of guarding 1 thru 5, and with his handle and outside shot coming around nicely as mentioned above, will be quite capable of playing multiple positions ( or roles might be a better descriptor for this team) on offence.

Comment

• That’s why the Rudy Gobert talk doesn’t make sense. Ya, we need a 5, but that 5 has to be able to play like Scottie, Pascal and OG… able to push the ball, and make plays for others. Precious fits that bill, and fill only get better. He has a good nose for rebounding as well

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                That’s why the Rudy Gobert talk doesn’t make sense. Ya, we need a 5, but that 5 has to be able to play like Scottie, Pascal and OG… able to push the ball, and make plays for others. Precious fits that bill, and fill only get better. He has a good nose for rebounding as well
                                This team has shown they can contain the boogeymen C's out there. Even the two MVP caliber ones, which are hard to contain in the average system. Heard a beat reporter from the Sixers today on sirius xm saying the two teams they don't want to face in the first round are Nets and Raptors. He said they're not conformable with the way Nick Nurse's teams approach Embiid - he referred to times that went back all the way when Nick was an assistant coach, and said some of Embiid's worse performances have been vs the Raps.

A lumbering, nominal C on this team would hinder more than help. It won't do any better of a job than what we already doing vs other C's, and it would just take away minutes from better overall players. Just continue to focus on keeping the 5 best players on the court as often as possible.

The most important piece to balance this team is another shooting/ball handling guard. That's who they should target with that Detroit pick next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X