Everything Precious Achiuwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    That’s why the Rudy Gobert talk doesn’t make sense. Ya, we need a 5, but that 5 has to be able to play like Scottie, Pascal and OG… able to push the ball, and make plays for others. Precious fits that bill, and fill only get better. He has a good nose for rebounding as well
    its silly. I think the raptors will try nab turner not sure how the salaries work out for that but that is who they likely target

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

The most important piece to balance this team is another shooting/ball handling guard. That's who they should target with that Detroit pick next year.
      Imagine if they picked Desmond Bane over Flynn, he would be a very good fit.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Imagine if they picked Desmond Bane over Flynn, he would be a very good fit.
        Oh oh, you'll invoke the ire of the gambler ......

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

its silly. I think the raptors will try nab turner not sure how the salaries work out for that but that is who they likely target
          Turner has the abilities we covet, I can see us chasing Turner.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Oh oh, you'll invoke the ire of the gambler ......
            im not a fan of flynn by nature but by design....seen enough nba to know that all things being equal the raptors cannot make a deep run wihtout a 10-15 minute 1 or 2 off the bench that can shoot a high percentage....and since bledsoe, gordon or kemba are not walking through the door anytime soon....flynn is all the raptors have

Comment

• gambler wrote: View Post

im not a fan of flynn by nature but by design....seen enough nba to know that all things being equal the raptors cannot make a deep run wihtout a 10-15 minute 1 or 2 off the bench that can shoot a high percentage....and since bledsoe, gordon or kemba are not walking through the door anytime soon....flynn is all the raptors have
              Flynn has shown promise in brief stretches by, as you say, necessity. Just when it started to look like he could play a more significant role and earn Nurse's trust, he got injured. Prior to that he's been (in limited minutes) pretty much underwhelming and as a second PG, I think he's still somehow 3rd on the depth chart. He doesn't have long to get healthy and get back to show something such that he'll see anything beyond garbage minutes at the moment imo

Comment

• gambler wrote: View Post

Gordon maybe, but we are better off with Flynn on the bench then Bledsoe or kemba on the floor for any minutes.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Flynn has shown promise in brief stretches by, as you say, necessity. Just when it started to look like he could play a more significant role and earn Nurse's trust, he got injured. Prior to that he's been (in limited minutes) pretty much underwhelming and as a second PG, I think he's still somehow 3rd on the depth chart. He doesn't have long to get healthy and get back to show something such that he'll see anything beyond garbage minutes at the moment imo
                  hes getting 20+ in the last 4 regardless how he shoots.....nurse is a world level guy.....and imo...he knows he cant go deep without a 1 or 2 off the bench taht can shoot a hi percentage from the 3....i could be wrong ....wont take long to find out starting tonight

Comment

• Precious is a stud, and I'm not sure how he's not prototypical for how we want to play the centre position. How anyone is still missing that we want our 5 to be able to play like a 3 is beyond me.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Precious is a stud, and I'm not sure how he's not prototypical for how we want to play the centre position. How anyone is still missing that we want our 5 to be able to play like a 3 is beyond me.
                      ...So yer saying we don't NEEDARONBAYNES ?????
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Yes Masai and Bobby took whatever they can get for Lowry

But IMO, all the credit to Nick Nurse for finding that discovering that “something” from Precious which accelerated his development this season that Spoelstra could not.

Comment

• I need a shower because that game was filthy

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            Yes Masai and Bobby took whatever they can get for Lowry

But IMO, all the credit to Nick Nurse for finding that discovering that “something” from Precious which accelerated his development this season that Spoelstra could not.
                            All credit to nick. Precious was a disaster with the ball the first couple months. He's my MIP.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Pre season Precious was ok.
                              He had to learn how to play with the vets.

Comment

They didn't 'take whatever they could get for Lowry' -- that's bunk.

Masai has been watching Precious since he was a teenager and is well aware of the potential there, probably better than most anybody.

Just cause you (we) couldn't evaluate the possibilities -- don't for a second think that Masai & Bobby didn't have an idea of what was achievable.

Masai said "you're mine now." -- not "You were the best we could get."

gtfoh

Next thing you'll be saying Masai and Bobby just randomly guessed when they drafted Scottie but it was "all credit" to Nick who made him great.

By all means, celebrate Nurse. He deserves it.

But Masai and Bobby do every bit as much, as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X